Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-26-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey, yes if you can bring your own food you are always better off. If that wasn't an option I was going to suggest you pull off the cheese and pepperoni and eat it plain or keep the veggies on it if they had that but bringing your own food is always better. As for the scale, I like to weigh in a lot but what I am doing is only counting my Sunday weigh-in. Most scales will fluctuate a few points because they are home scale quality and not professional industrial scales..but they usually give a good indication of whats happening. Sometimes I get on and off my scale about 3 times and it will be up .2 or down give or take. I just assume the difference is because it is impossible to get my feet in the extreme exact position. Therefor my solution is to take the highest reading as where I am.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Friday Report Card

Hi Everyone,

Sigh. I have been so busy and not had time to read and post on this awesome thread. Please know that I think of you all every single day and I do try to read here and there when I have time.

Stacey, bringing food with you is an excellent idea! Thanks so much for the tip. I'm keeping that one in the vault for next time I'm in a similar situation.

Despite being busy and cranky and tired, I have done pretty well with my health and fitness goals! And I lost 2 pounds this week!!!!! WOOHOO! That's a lot for me.

1. Eat between 1300-1550 calories per day: YES 1300 / YES (1304) / YES (1360) / YES (1528) / NO (1580)
2. Keep carbs under 35%: YES 30% / YES 28% / YES 30% / YES 31% / YES 32%
3. Take my multivitamin: YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
4. 30 Day Shred 4X: YES / YES / YES / YES / YES 4X!
5. Gym 3X: 1X so far...
6. Drink 2.5 liters water per day: YES / DONE! / YES / YES / YES
Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

mystery ~ yeah my scale can change 3 or 4 times each time i step on it. strange. i'm for sure going to do my measurements this week wish i did them awhile ago.

rose ~ brining my own food was something i used to do all the time. this week i took my son to macdonalds i brought my protein & a diet pop & a side green salad & added my fish. worked out well.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Friday's Report:

Dinner last night went well. Managed to keep my eating in check despite an after dinner gathering complete with strawberry danish, chocolate chip cookies and ice cream sundaes. (Had none.) Down one more pound. 2 to go to get to last summer's weight.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes, yes, yes, yes, yes- great week
2. Continually drink fluids all day long. yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3. Balance pie chart. Add more protein. yes, yes, yes, yes, yes-much better this week.
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting. weather not permitting, hopefully today, again hopefully today, weather just won't give me a break, didn't get out once due to weather.
5. Get BMI back under 20. I'M TRYING! 20.04, YES! 19.8!!! 19.64

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!) yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2. Make sure daughter obtains necessary signatures by Friday's deadline. (18 in total!) sent her out the door with it, 2 to go, one to go-she's stressing me out! Signatures complete. Now if she just remembers to turn it in today! Done!!!
3. Try to keep mouth shut when husband says, "Oh look! I'm down another 5 lbs.!" while eating nothing but garbage. Mums the word, He claims he's down again after eating an entire bag of potato chips last night... UUUGGGHHH!!!, His weight went up 2 lbs. Gave him my sympathy. ha ha He lost more weight eating like a cow... just don't get it. Everything caught up with him and he's up about 5 lbs.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can I join?

Can I join in on Monday?
Heather
Old 02-26-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

quinn ~ great job on the bmi numbers...woo hoo for you. also great job on not saying anything to hubby. that must be a hard one.

pooch ~ of course you can join us.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Last night I ate way to much peanut butter and jam. I was over by 11 WW points. Bummed but trying to move on....
Can I tell you how often I've experienced a "peanut butter incident"? It's one of my trigger foods, sometimes just the smell of it is enough to set off a monumental binge. For the most part I have to leave peanut butter on the "only for very special occasions" list. So believe me when I say, "I feel your pain".
Old 02-26-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by poohcl13
Can I join in on Monday?
Heather
Of course you can join in! Welcome Heather!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, stacey, our power didn't go out, but I fall asleep watching the movie with DD!!! Burned 255 cals this morning shoveling the 5 foot bank at the end of my driveway. Great workout for the triceps and obiques, too! (Hubby was away).

mtlgirl - WOW! Down 2 this week - fantastic!!! That puts you at under the 30 mark for your goal!

I, too, LOVE peanut butter. I really shouldn't keep it in the house, but my son doesn't eat a lot of meat so his main source of protein is PB. For a snack today, I had 3 Ryvita wafers with half a tablespoon of almond butter and half a banana - about 250 cals, but SO worth it.

Happy Saturday! Cheers!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in but am on the run--lot of stuff to do today. I'll try to read the posts when I have more time this weekend.

Cassie, what was your crisis after the range was delivered?

Cindy and jjeand, welcome.

My Friday achievements:

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1423
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 15.1
Protein goal 110g, actual 119.9

Water: goal 64 oz. but I don't remember my intake! Probably 40-45 oz.

Exercise goal WAS 1 mile real walking OR 2 miles aerobic walking DVD. Achieved only about 1.25 miles of the aerobic walking DVD and that required resting twice during the exercise. Don't know what happened to my stamina the past two days. BUT I can say in all honesty that I really did give exercise my best try Thursday and Friday, so I don't consider it a failure. DH said possibly my body was telling me to take a break because I had exercised 10 days in a row. It's cold today again, BUT I did my entire 30 minute 2 miles aerobic walking DVD (equivalent of 2 miles at 4MPH) non-stop today with no problem at all--good challenge, but not exceeding my stamina.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.