Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-24-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
LOLOLOL!!! Be strong, girl, and stick to your plan, even though fate is tempting you!
You can do it! Think of it as a gift to save and then use for workout equipment!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

I am so confused! Okay, so I have totally gone over my calorie limits, but I weighed myself this morning (bad, I know) but I lost another pound! Now I am excited that I lost weight, but I do not think that I have actually lost it... 1lb in a couple days is a little weird since I haven't done anything extra... ya know? Do you think that it is just a regular shift in body weight from time to time?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
I am so confused! Okay, so I have totally gone over my calorie limits, but I weighed myself this morning (bad, I know) but I lost another pound! Now I am excited that I lost weight, but I do not think that I have actually lost it... 1lb in a couple days is a little weird since I haven't done anything extra... ya know? Do you think that it is just a regular shift in body weight from time to time?
There are a few things that I've noticed, but how are you with tough love and do you even want my opinion. If not, not offense taken.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-24-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
There are a few things that I've noticed, but how are you with tough love and do you even want my opinion. If not, not offense taken.
I'm thinking a new thread is in order: "Mike Shoots It Straight from the Hip"...ask for feedback if you dare !
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your support--let me tell you guys what happened. Ok, so I sent my work emails and went for a brisk walk. When I came back, I felt very woozy--my legs were shaking, I felt weak, and very hot. I got a snack (a Kashi Go Lean bar for $2.40 ) and ate it. I felt better in about 15 minutes.

Does this mean my blood sugar was plummeting? Do I need to eat more calories or just space out the ones I am alloting to myself? I'm still within my calorie limits for the day if I eat a bit less chicken than I was planning at dinner tonight. This is only my second day of calorie restriction so I'm trying to figure out what my body needs. I ran 6.0 mph for 20 mins on the treadmill this morning and walked 4.0 mph for 40 mins this afternoon. What am I doing wrong to feel that way? It was a bad feeling
Old 02-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm thinking a new thread is in order: "Mike Shoots It Straight from the Hip"...ask for feedback if you dare !
Nah, if she wanted my feedback I'd probably just email her since the PM function isn't working yet.

BTW my email address is mtseoane_2000@yahoo dot com

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-24-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sirion
Thanks for your support--let me tell you guys what happened. Ok, so I sent my work emails and went for a brisk walk. When I came back, I felt very woozy--my legs were shaking, I felt weak, and very hot. I got a snack (a Kashi Go Lean bar for $2.40 ) and ate it. I felt better in about 15 minutes.

Does this mean my blood sugar was plummeting? Do I need to eat more calories or just space out the ones I am alloting to myself? I'm still within my calorie limits for the day if I eat a bit less chicken than I was planning at dinner tonight. This is only my second day of calorie restriction so I'm trying to figure out what my body needs. I ran 6.0 mph for 20 mins on the treadmill this morning and walked 4.0 mph for 40 mins this afternoon. What am I doing wrong to feel that way? It was a bad feeling
could be your blood sugar. Have you ever tried a Clif Bar? They've helped me a lot in the past. You may one to try one or something similar before going so hard at it with the cardio. Heck, a begal might even do the trick.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

sirion ~ i'm not to sure. it could be a blood sugar thing. how often are you eating? to pick up what mike said i always have a carb serving before i work out that might help too.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, guys. I'll bring a carb-y snack tomorrow to eat before my walk and see how it goes. Maybe some mini pretzels or something. I think I'm going to go over my calorie limit today and get to 1400, but I'm Ok with that. I think 1200 might be too low for me. Perhaps a better range is 1300-1450. I'm fairly active most days. I dance 5-6 hours per week in addition to teaching two ballet classes on Saturdays plus cardio/strength most days. I'll see what the next few days are like before I make an official change.

(Is Mike a boy or a girl? I thought this was a girl thread? Not that it bothers me, just curious!!)

ETA: Clif bars have so many calories, right? Like 250? The kashi bar I ate was 200. I liked it and it had 5g fiber, too. Maybe they are less expensive at the store in a box of 6.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

sirion ~ mike is a guy...lol. i like oatmeal before i work out. yeah i agree by how active you are you are probably not getting enough calories. increase it & see what happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.