Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, great place to vent...sorry you have to deal with the snotty girl, but it sounds like you're not allowing her to take away any of your enjoyment. I really envy you and mambogirl with your dancing; I am soo inflexible (but working on it).

I have a question for you. How is it that you calculate the percentage in your goals? Is it by some sort of numbers or is it a guesstimate?

Mike, you are pounding your goals this week. Rock on!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey--Not having a voice is the worst. I damaged my voice a few years back and it goes quickly now when I am ill. I hope it is better soon.

Mambo--What kind of dance do you do? I'm a ballet dancer and we have our show in 3 weeks! I am going to have to wear a unitard--ugh!!

Weekly Goal Progress:

-Keep track of foods eaten using FitDay yes
-Keep calories between 1200-1350 yes
-30-day Shred level III for 2 days Wed
-Treadmill walk/run for 2 days Thurs
-Ballet 60 minutes 2 days Wed

So far so good. I'm glad I saved 600 cals for dinner last night because I didn't know what they were going to have at the volunteer event I went to and it was pizza! I had two of the smallest slices I could find along with a big helping of the salad on the side. I am going out to dinner tonight and have already looked up the calories online. Looks like I'll need 600 for that, too, which is fine. This is so much easier when you plan ahead.

I did not get snacks from the grocery store last night, but ballet didn't let out until 8:40 and my husband and I watch Modern Family at 9 PM and I didn't want to miss it! I have been keeping my cash at home, though, so I'm not tempted to purchase something at work.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, look at the bright side on both... the water weight goes away quickly and if she's snotty think of it as a blessing that she doesn't talk to you, really!

Cassie, thanks you're not doing so bad youself. Did you win the tennis match. I didn't realize how many cals you burn playing tennis until I logged it.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

cassie ~ i WISH i was more flexible. i would have to say that is a limitation in my dancing & i should be working on it...lol. i TRY not to let that girl get to me, but easier said than done some days. i don't calculate precentages. i follow 6 week body makeover plan. so i don't use fitday to count my calories, but to just journal my food. the concept is based on your body type & that's done by filling out a very detailed questionnaire. i'm a type B & your body type then dictates the amount & type protein & carbs one can have. for me it's mostly lean protein & no wheat, but i can have rice, potatoes, oatmeal, rice pasta, barley etc. i also have to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. also no added salt, no sugar, & nothing processed. so it's natural real & healthy food. does take time to adjust to cooking enough food for the day & being prepared, but i do feel really good when i'm eating that way. however like i said the sodium snuck in since i've been not feeling 100%. hope i made some sense...lol.

sirion ~ much easier when you plan ahead that's for sure. good job on the planning.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, thanks you're not doing so bad youself. Did you win the tennis match. I didn't realize how many cals you burn playing tennis until I logged it.
Ha ha ha ha...um, nope. I was playing with my 14 year old, who is a tournament player, and he can whomp me with one hand tied behind his back and twice on Sunday. But he was very helpful with suggestions and I told him to make me run, so he did.

Tennis is usually a very good calorie burn, but I only got a bit under 300 out of it yesterday in an hour, according to my HRM. I used to get around 400 an hour, so that kinda bums me out.

Stacey, thanks for the info. Sounds like your plan is very healthy and works well for you. Good luck to you, mambo, and sirion with the upcoming dances. sirion, ballet must be wonderful for the body. Let me know if any of y'all end up on YouTube so I can watch the recitals .
Old 02-24-2011, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ your right the water weight will drop fast. it is good she doesn't talk to me ~sigh~ tonight there are only 3 people in the class...lol...wonder how she can get away without saying hi...lol.

sirion ~ good job on doing ballet i know it really tones & firms you all over.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Keeping up the exercise -- another hour of swiming and treadmill in. Calories under control - fibre a bit low after I finally got it up at home -- I think I'll ignore it till back home again. According to the Wii I lost .2 kg yesterday however I have no idea how that relates to my scales at home. As long as it's going down I'm happy. 3 more days of babysitting -- it's really hard while they are in school! LOL but the weekend is coming.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey--My flexibility has gone down so much. I have to do some cardio before my ballet rehearsals or I'm sunk. My hamstrings just never seem stretched out anymore. It sucks. I do have a nice stretching video I use with three different routines for a ten-minute stretch. I really like it! Let me know if you are interested and I will write the name down when I get home.

I'm not religious, but *someone* is playing tricks on me. I left my cash at home yesterday and today so that I would not be tempted to purchase a snack. I have no self-control with snacking in the late afternoon. I'm very ashamed to admit it. I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago and found a $5 bill just laying on the floor. The bathroom was empty so I took it. Now I have this $5 bill and I am going to buy something, I just know it! My calorie total is up to 1202 today (planned dinner in advance) so I have 150 cals I could use. Plus, I am hungry. Here is my compromise, I am going to get out these 5 emails I have to do, then I'm going to go for a 30 minute walk. Then, if I am still hungry, I will let myself buy a snack that is 150 cals or less. I don't know if I should deny myself to make a point to myself or not.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Kumochi ~ good job on the exercise & food woo hoo!!!!

sirion ~ flexibility has always been an issue for me. i'd love to know the name of that stretching video. i'm also searching for a yoga wii game i can do.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sirion
I left my cash at home yesterday and today so that I would not be tempted to purchase a snack. I have no self-control with snacking in the late afternoon. I'm very ashamed to admit it. I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago and found a $5 bill just laying on the floor

LOLOLOL!!! Be strong, girl, and stick to your plan, even though fate is tempting you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.