FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/346-support.html)

melissa1102 02-04-2010 06:00 PM

Support

Hello all I am 21 years old and am 283 pounds. This is the most I have ever been. After my son I went down to 225, but I soon got pregnant with my daughter and the scale sky rocketed. I have continued to gain since she was born. She is now 7 months old. I struggle with food and motivation everyday. My son is 20 months and like I said before my daughter is 7 months. I really need help with this. I want to be there for them in the future. I struggle with not eating then over eating a few days later. I want to make a change in my life, my husband loves me no matter what but I am sick of feel disgusted about myself. We are in an unfamiliar state with no real friends here for support. Thanks for any help!

cjohnson728 02-05-2010 01:14 AM

Hey Melissa, it is good to have you on board. You can do this! Start today and make one change; that might help it be not so overwhelming.

For example, you could start by logging in what you eat, or cut out a nightly dessert, or do just ten minutes of some sort of exercise (you sound like a really busy mom with the two little ones, but ten minutes is enough to get you started). Or have fruit for a snack instead of what you might usually eat. Just take it one step at a time...if you try to overhaul everything right away it will be too difficult to stick with. Once you have a new healthy habit established, add another one.

Keep your food intake pretty consistent across days, too. From your description, it sounds like you deprive yourself in efforts to lose weight but then it rebounds. That's your body's way of telling you that it's not working.

You can put your info into FitDay and it will tell you how many calories you should shoot for daily in order to lose weight. Shorting yourself doesn't do you any favors.

Hang in there and take care of yourself. It is time for you to do something good for you! Keep us posted!

Cassie

KristynBond 02-05-2010 05:57 AM

Hi Melissa! How are you? I think Cassie's suggestions are great about making changes slowly. I was always in the same boat as you: depriving myself and then "falling off the wagon". I thought that was the only way for me to lose weight. Since I joined fitday I've realized that I can actually have more calories than I thought, but it just has to be under what I'm expending. Logging everything (e.g. food and daily activities like sleeping and exercising) has been super helpful to me. It gives me a better grasp of where I stand with consuming vs. burning calories. I think once you start that you'll realize it's easier than you thought. While I try to eat healthy, I now know that I can really eat whatever I want, as long as it's below what I'm burning. I used to think it was all or nothing, and now I realize that it's okay to have a "bad" snack...as long as I don't have a bunch of bad snacks.
I hope this might help a little. I'm also looking for support on this site, so hopefully we can help each other out!
~Kristyn