Notices

not to be gross...

Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Women should have at least 25 grams of fiber daily; men, 30. Once I hit that on a daily basis, I had no problems at all.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

If there's not much going in, not much will be coming out, so if there's been a significant drop in the volume of food you're eating, that could be part of it. And if you were eating a lot of fat and processed foods, that stuff can be harder to digest, so there's more "waste" left over. Fruit and yogurt help me move things along, and I've heard flaxseeds can help too, probably works a lot like the chia seeds do. I also agree, drink more water and avoid caffeine.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by williamscouple
Almeeker.....So, you are saying that 64 ounce baseline, plus 8 oz. per 10 pounds.... that would mean for me, 144 oz? yikes!! I wouldn't have time for anything but peeing
Try it, you'll be surprised at how great you feel. I can always feel it in my joints when I don't get enough to drink, because the inflammation fires up almost immediately and I ache everywhere. 144 oz is not that much. I use a 32 oz bottle and I'm just now finishing the 5th one for the day, so I'm at 160 not counting what I'll drink after brushing my teeth. 4 is my usual number, but I had 2 this morning during my workout. Typically I drink one during my workout and space the others out between meals.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

I'm glad someone said it, because I've been having the same problem, same as you 4-5 days apart. Only been a problem the last couple of weeks. When "it" finally happens, the next day I'm down a pound or more...its happened twice (Sorry for the TMI, the things you find out with weight loss eh? LOL)

I thought the same as you, I'm eating *more* fiber, so what gives?! I've read that if you're constipated you should be drinking even more water than the recommended 8 glasses a day. I know, easier said than done.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

I have def. had the same issue and did several years ago when I went vegetarian and lost 35 lb. Once every week or two I go ahead and take a gentle laxative on Sat night and am always pleased with the results. I think if you are only doing it 2-3 times per month it is fine, and it usually helps me stay regular overall. I do also use Activia yogurt daily and it also helps a lot.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Try using Miralax once daily, it dissolves in any beverage. I use it and it works miracles