Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Had a lovely and productive Saturday. Inspired by Mike, I gave the car a thorough cleaning, ran errands and had lunch with hubby, tried two new recipes, and doubled up the workout. It's amazing how much the improvement in the weather affects my energy and motivation.

Jen, personally, I weigh when I feel like it. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes weekly, usually 3 times a week or so now; I stay away when it's that time of the month because I don't want to get freaked out about water gain; I'll get on if I know I need motivation to be more careful, or if I feel I've done well and need the reinforcement. If daily, you just have to be prepared to ride with little artificial fluctuations.

Mike, glad you got to your car. I know it is easy to let that stuff pile up...literally and figuratively! Feels good, doesn't it??

Jacqueline, you've had a great week with your goals. Big thumbs up to you!

Mern, still rocking the walking! I bet it feels good to look at where you are compared to where you began, eh?

Report for Saturday for me:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yep, Yes-not great but acceptable, No, Yep, Nope, Yep
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, No, No-sick boy got me up too early today
3. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. No-report from last night, since tonight hasn't happened yet Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep
4. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not today, Yep, Yep
5. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Not today Yep, Yep-met some new folks at a class
6. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Not yet, Yep-pilates, Yep-yoga
7. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. Yep, Yep-worked today, but left on the nice clothes and makeup to run to the store after dinner, Yep, but had to work, so I would've done it anyway, Yep, Yep-stayed in makeup and nice but comfy clothes after court, Yep
8. Do an at-home mani-pedi this week (this is something I won't spend money on). Not yet
9. Use my gift card from Christmas to buy something for myself that is not entirely practical. Will be over the weekend
10. List two things daily that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do before that now I do, can, and will. Yep, Yep-putting them in the journal, Nope-got busy & forgot; will do 4 Thurs. Yep-all caught up, No, No

And of course, with a nod to reality:

11. One office organizational task daily. Nope, come on; it's Valentine's Day! Yep, Half of one, Yep-and finished yesterday's, Yep, Nope
12. One room's trim painted by the end of the weekend. Will have to wait for the weekend
13. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Will also wait for the weekend
Did make some preparatory progress on this today

Well, although we did get a lot done yesterday, none of it was the stuff on my home goals list! So, guess that gives me my marching orders for today!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-20-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Health and fitness:
1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 140oz., yes 140oz., yes 152oz., yes 132oz. no 120oz. yes 140oz. AVG. 137.44oz/day
2) 400 cals deficient for 6 days nope (cheat day) -317, -335, -1121 , -475, -224 AVG. 494.4 for 5 days
3) workout 3 days no yes no yes no yes COMPLETED
4) play tennis at least one time no, no, no, not yet yes COMPLETED
5) no cereal for the week no, no, still none, holding out like a champ!, nope, none
6) stay off the scale until Friday didn't get on it, still doing good, nope, don't even care weighed myself COMPLETED

Other:
1) make 50 calls to prospects 0 (took day off)11,18,10,13 = 52 COMPLETED
2) clean my car nope, no, no, nope It's still nasty., nope... maybe today yes COMPLETED

Cassie~ I agree, the weather plays a huge part. It does feel good getting it done and out the way.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-20-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Mike! There ya go! Looking at the long term loss is what counts--I love the FitDay graphs. Congrats on that still-downward trend--below your goal! I'm glad you posted your weight change graph. Looking at her own may make Jacqueline feel better, too. LOL on cleaning out your car and finding all those ties. Oh, my gosh!!! Your achievments for the week are totally awesome!

Muna, great job on your calorie deficit and gym exercise!

Jacqueline, it's never too late to post your goal report. Kudos on your achievements this week! Awesome job! Holy cow, girl! You lost 23 pounds since January 1, 2011--that's only over 3 lbs. per week so don't fret about that little gain. Could your muscles retaining water from bumping up your exercise? Follow Mike--go look at your FitDay weight change graph. That ought to lift your spirits. Although I'm pretty good at "eyeballing" measurements, too, I weigh and measure everything I eat at home. My food scale has a switch for lb/oz and kg/g. I love having the ability to measure in grams because
some things like frozen strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. are hard to measure in a cup, so I use the gram servings on the frozen food bag.

Jen, I just know you can make it to goal by your wedding day. Ooh, July 30--right after my July 24 40th wedding anniversary. I'm 100% in favor of adjusting fairly regularly UNachieved goals to something more realistic for me. I hope you don't mind my offering you a couple suggestions on your calorie range. I found when I was trying to eat the bare minimum in my previously set calorie range (mine, too, was 1200 calories) I was always hungry and that led to "cheats"--which weren't even cheats because I still had a nice calorie deficit. I nixed my calorie range and changed my goal a LIMIT of a certain number of calories a day based on what FitDay told me my calorie deficit needs to be in order to achieve my weight goal. Even then,try to "buy" the most bulk of food you can with your calorie allotment so you don't feel deprived. Yeah, weighing frequency is a personal choice. I always weigh on Monday, but usually only once or twice in between Mondays. And ALWAYS at the same time in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, and pardon me but with empty bowel and bladder, and with the scale on the same spot on the floor every time. I'm not gonna count one more ounce than I have to.

Cassie, so glad you had such a nice Saturday. I try out two new recipes or foods per week. It really does help keep us from getting bored with our menus, doesn't it? Wishing your sick boy a speedy recovery. Ooh, congrats on doubling your workout! Special congrats for balancing that pie chart and will you please buy something with that gift card? My curiosity is killing me.

Oh, my gosh, it surely does feel great to be where I am now with exercise. January 24 stamina less than 5 minutes and pain level 10 on a scale of 10 to my DVD with 10 meaning I'd have to quit. Today I can do the whole 30 minutes with a pain level of only 3 or 4. Walking in real life I'm up to 18 minutes or .77 miles as of this morning with a pain level of 8--pain level 10 means I'd have to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest before continuing because I'm away from home. That's only 2.57 miles per hour but I'm shooting for stamina, not speed.

My Saturday achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1529.
Protein goal 110g, actual 114.9g
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 30.4g. Oops. Had forgotten to log yogurt.

Water goal 64 oz., actual 64oz.

Exercise .6 miles walking in my neighborhood. Back pain level 7 out of 10 with 10 requiring I stop to rest for 1-2 minutes.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Can anyone tell me how to get the quote boxes around something that you want to reply to? I am so technologically challenged!

Mern- I have five kids, so lots of grandkids better be in the future.

I had two hours of dance practice yesterday morning and then three hours of dancing just for fun in the evening, so I'm counting that as exercising and really meaning it!

Overall, it has been a pretty good week as far as my goals.Thanks to all of you for inspiring me even if I haven't posted about it. If only I had a housekeeper and a chef, everything would be perfect....
Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike! There ya go! Looking at the long term loss is what counts--I love the FitDay graphs. Congrats on that still-downward trend--below your goal! I'm glad you posted your weight change graph. Looking at her own may make Jacqueline feel better, too. LOL on cleaning out your car and finding all those ties. Oh, my gosh!!! Your achievments for the week are totally awesome!

Muna, great job on your calorie deficit and gym exercise!

Jacqueline, it's never too late to post your goal report. Kudos on your achievements this week! Awesome job! Holy cow, girl! You lost 23 pounds since January 1, 2011--that's only over 3 lbs. per week so don't fret about that little gain. Could your muscles retaining water from bumping up your exercise? Follow Mike--go look at your FitDay weight change graph. That ought to lift your spirits. Although I'm pretty good at "eyeballing" measurements, too, I weigh and measure everything I eat at home. My food scale has a switch for lb/oz and kg/g. I love having the ability to measure in grams because
some things like frozen strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. are hard to measure in a cup, so I use the gram servings on the frozen food bag.

Jen, I just know you can make it to goal by your wedding day. Ooh, July 30--right after my July 24 40th wedding anniversary. I'm 100% in favor of adjusting fairly regularly UNachieved goals to something more realistic for me. I hope you don't mind my offering you a couple suggestions on your calorie range. I found when I was trying to eat the bare minimum in my previously set calorie range (mine, too, was 1200 calories) I was always hungry and that led to "cheats"--which weren't even cheats because I still had a nice calorie deficit. I nixed my calorie range and changed my goal a LIMIT of a certain number of calories a day based on what FitDay told me my calorie deficit needs to be in order to achieve my weight goal. Even then,try to "buy" the most bulk of food you can with your calorie allotment so you don't feel deprived. Yeah, weighing frequency is a personal choice. I always weigh on Monday, but usually only once or twice in between Mondays. And ALWAYS at the same time in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, and pardon me but with empty bowel and bladder, and with the scale on the same spot on the floor every time. I'm not gonna count one more ounce than I have to.

Cassie, so glad you had such a nice Saturday. I try out two new recipes or foods per week. It really does help keep us from getting bored with our menus, doesn't it? Wishing your sick boy a speedy recovery. Ooh, congrats on doubling your workout! Special congrats for balancing that pie chart and will you please buy something with that gift card? My curiosity is killing me.

Oh, my gosh, it surely does feel great to be where I am now with exercise. January 24 stamina less than 5 minutes and pain level 10 on a scale of 10 to my DVD with 10 meaning I'd have to quit. Today I can do the whole 30 minutes with a pain level of only 3 or 4. Walking in real life I'm up to 18 minutes or .77 miles as of this morning with a pain level of 8--pain level 10 means I'd have to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest before continuing because I'm away from home. That's only 2.57 miles per hour but I'm shooting for stamina, not speed.

My Saturday achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1529.
Protein goal 110g, actual 114.9g
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 30.4g. Oops. Had forgotten to log yogurt.

Water goal 64 oz., actual 64oz.

Exercise .6 miles walking in my neighborhood. Back pain level 7 out of 10 with 10 requiring I stop to rest for 1-2 minutes.

Wow Mern...awesome on the exercise. And thanks for all the encouragement. Most appreciated. Have a great week.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

This week:

Health:
1. Drink >1L H2O: Yes, No, Yes (barely), No, No, Yes, Going to try to finish it!
2. 1300<Devour<1800: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Cheat Day, Over by 35 , Right on target!
3. Multivitamin, Vit. D, & Metformin: Yes, No, 2:3, No, 2:3, 2:3, 2:3
4. Go to Gym: No, No, No, No, No, No, No

So this week may have been a bust, but at least I am being more mindful! I'm looking forward to the challenges of this week!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Can anyone tell me how to get the quote boxes around something that you want to reply to? I am so technologically challenged!

Mern- I have five kids, so lots of grandkids better be in the future.

I had two hours of dance practice yesterday morning and then three hours of dancing just for fun in the evening, so I'm counting that as exercising and really meaning it!

Overall, it has been a pretty good week as far as my goals.Thanks to all of you for inspiring me even if I haven't posted about it. If only I had a housekeeper and a chef, everything would be perfect....
on the bottom right hand corner of a post, you'll see a quote button, hit it.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

A bad day for calories -- 2300 with no excuse but temptation --but at least I journalled them and drank my water. On a positive note I found the y and picked up the brochure to check what I could do tis week and I brought some of my standby foods. Tomorrow will be better as temptation shall be reduced as I will be in charge of the meals. Maybe I can still get some exercise in.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default hope next week is better

well did good on the food because could not eat this week food was yuk
gym: did not go but then was lucky if I got to get out of bed to have a shower ....this cold better be over soon I CAN'T TAKE IT any longer but did losse two pounds this week but then it could be all the blowing of the nose.
will talk next week
Old 02-20-2011, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Jacqueline, thanks for your encouragement, too. Wishing you a great week as well.

mhibdon, no this week was not a bust for you. Your calorie range goal was met quite nicely and you met your water goal half the time. Water is not easy for me, either. I have to force myself. Give youself credit for each and every achievement, girl! "Being more mindful" is good, especially on your vitamin and meds goal. Big hug to ya!

mambogirl, five kids--awesome! Wishing you lots of grandkids in the future. I know dance burns a lot of calories--learned that watching "Dancing With The Stars." My hat is off to all you mothers. I don't know how you do all you do and still contribute to the support group, log your food, exercise, etc.

Mary, good for you for journaling even knowing you went over in calories. Awesome for finding the Y and planning on exercising there and on bringing your standby foods. Wow, only seven pounds from your April 1 goal! You're going to make it!

Rhoda, you poor thing! So sorry to read that you're still nursing that awful cold. But congrats on losing two whole pounds of snot weight. LOL Also blowing one's nose must burn some calories--and there's a lot of moisture lost in exhaling. Just kidding of course, not being able to eat much, you certainly lost fat weight. Wishing you well.

My Sunday achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1574
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 23g
Protein minimum 110g, actual 144g

Water goal 64 oz. achieved
Exercise .77 miles real walking, not to DVD.

Last edited by Mern; 02-20-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.