Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, Congratulations on the race! The most I've done is a 10k and I am trying to talk myself into training for a 1/2, but I haven't been running much this winter because I am a sissy when it comes to running in the cold

Quinn, Wow! One year of maintenance! That's fantastic.I joined Fitday right after you hit your goal weight and remember telling myself that I would be you someday since we are around the same height and starting weight. Well, I never got to my goal and I've gained most of what I lost back, so sigh..BUT I still hope to be you someday
Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Quinn, Wow! One year of maintenance! That's fantastic.I joined Fitday right after you hit your goal weight and remember telling myself that I would be you someday since we are around the same height and starting weight. Well, I never got to my goal and I've gained most of what I lost back, so sigh..BUT I still hope to be you someday
Aww.... Thank you so much! That's so sweet. I haven't been much to admire lately, that's for sure! Trying to take off 4 measly pounds and I've come up with a big FAIL. lol I think I'm back to some of my old tricks... being strictly at 1200 all week long and then, on weekends although I eat healthy, my portions are too big and I throw away the progress that I made all week. Lots to celebrate lately, too which, although wonderful, messes me up. But thank you for the wonderful compliment!!!

Mike, I really admire your running. Although I used to be a distance swimmer, I was never any good on land! lol I trained to swim for miles on end but couldn't run for 4 blocks. (Never quite figured that out.)
Now, with the SI thing, I can't take the jarring. But know how completely jealous I am of the awesome freedom to run like you do.

Cassie, Thanks! You're right behind me, girl! (And at your skinny weight, too!!!)
Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, thanks for your congrats. I smiled at your smilie daily report. Good to make a little light of the situation. Nice that we can start with a clean slate daily, feel good about each accomplishment, and put the goals we did not achieve behind us and start anew.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh! Struggle struggle this week! My chest cold went to my head and now appears to be a sinus infection. Trying to tend things as best I can, and still maintain some moderate exercise. I can manage weights, but the cardio stuff is pretty wimpy.

On another note, I'm sure this has happened to others - - - I've eliminated ALL junk food (cookies, chips, candy, flavored lattes) and unhealthy fats (thick butter smeared on saltines!). At the end of the day when I calculate my nutrition (all meals being consistent), I end up under 1000! Imagine that, I've been eating an extra 1000 calories a day in junk. I have absolutely no energy, possibly a result of eating less sugar or my low-grade sinus problem. So now I need to go and scratch around the fridge for an apple or something equally wonderful. (Last night my husband and I shared two 1-1/2" cheesecakes from Whole Foods--soooo tasty.)

It seems like many of us on this thread are sick or have been recently. So I'm glad you all are here keeping me focused albeit sickish. Thanks everyone!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan yes
~ log all foods i've eatenyes
~ do cardio 6 days 1 yes
~ do strength training 6 days, yes, yes
~ get 90 oz of water in yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself
non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet

made an edit to my goals this week as i think this one is important for me. to be real about what my weight is. going to weigh myself only on the same spot on the floor EXACTLY & not move it around to get the lowest number. going to just stand in the middle of the scale i know where to stand to get the lowest number. it's not about the lowest number it's about being real & honest to MYSELF.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie ~ i WILL have fun at bellydancing. i get to wear a jingly hip belt, socialize a little & get some exercise.

mambo ~ your bagles i would do what cassie suggested make them a custom food doesn't take long & then they are there always.

quin ~ wish we could go hiking here jealous. it is cold today trying to snow MORE & tomorrow so be back around -15 C ~sigh~ congrats on the one year maintenance.

mike ~ i think the pictue looks good

julia ~ great job on the plan woo hoo that's how you get it done.

i've been having trouble with my I.T. Band it runs from the top of your hip down the outer side of you leg to you knee. mine acts up due to my osteo-arthritis, but last night i made it feel much better. got one of those noodles kids used in the pool cut it about 2/3 in size & the start at my hip with pretty much full body weight & roll my body along the noodle & when i hit a point of tension i just let my body stay there. there wasn't much rolling & lots of staying in one spot as my I.T. Band was really tight, but it doesn't ache today woo hoo. i'll do it again tonight.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike, I really admire your running. Although I used to be a distance swimmer, I was never any good on land! lol I trained to swim for miles on end but couldn't run for 4 blocks. (Never quite figured that out.)
Now, with the SI thing, I can't take the jarring. But know how completely jealous I am of the awesome freedom to run like you do.
LOL I wish I could run 4 blocks too! Seriously after a minute and a half I'm done. I feel so out of shape when I run, and even worse the next day.

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Mike, Congratulations on the race! The most I've done is a 10k and I am trying to talk myself into training for a 1/2, but I haven't been running much this winter because I am a sissy when it comes to running in the cold
If I can do a 1/2, anyone can. But the 1st step is to find one and commit by signing up. You can do it!

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Great photo Mike!

-note that Fri. and Sat. night will be spent out at restaurants with friends and leave extra points for those meals. Also, eat something before dinner so that I am not too hungry when reading the menu.
-still working on mentally preparing
Thanks. Yep, plan ahead for the weekend, you know it's coming, If you have to, look online for the nutritional information for the restaurants BEFORE going.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Dang, Mike...I'm really impressed here! Hope the recuperation is going well.
Thanks... you must be easily impressed. I feel must better today, so that means it's time to hit the gym.

Originally Posted by almeeker
You must be talking about your expression, the woman in front of you is clearly in pain.
Yeah I was looking at the picture and I think she may have Down's Syndrome, which was odd b/c I was wearing my work shirt that has the logo about helping special needs families.

Originally Posted by Mern
Hi, Mike. You can clean MY car, too! LOL
I probably won't get to mine this week, but that for the offer.

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
Cassie ~ i WILL have fun at bellydancing. i get to wear a jingly hip belt, socialize a little & get some exercise.

mike ~ i think the pictue looks good
have fun belly dancing! Thanks, the picture would have looked better if I wasn't bringing up the rear though.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

There must be a "computer virus" going around since so many of us are sick. Y'all gave me something. I'm feeling better today, but don't have much of an appetite. My stomach isn't upset, but I had to force myself to eat something to keep my strength up.

Sandi, just be sure you are getting enough calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and start hanging onto every little calorie you consume. Also be sure you're getting the recommended daily requirement of vitamins and minerals if you're not taking a multi vitamin.

Stacey, congrats on that wonderful report! I have a certain spot where I put my scale, too. But even then it's fickle, varying as much as 3 lbs. on the same weigh in. I step on it three times in a row and to err on the conservative side of weight loss, I take the highest weight I see as my official weight for that day. Using the pool noodle for your IT Band problem was really interesting to me, but I got a little lost. Was the point of using the noodle that way to be able to apply uniform pressure yourself to get pain relief?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, when is the pedi? Did you find a color for me? Oh crap, I think I posted something about that if I didn't make my 2:38 goal.

Stacey, your #'s are looking great! Sometimes when I lose a post I click the back button to recover it. I hope we gets that fixed soon. You are right about being real with yourself. Fudging numbers will only hold you back.

mambogirl, don't underestimate the power of sleep! What kind of dance competition?

quinn, better late than never. I've been plateaued for a year.

Julia, that milkshake will last about as long as bathing if you don't let it get you down.

Mern, 12g net carbs?? I'd be happy with 200g. NICE!

Mia, I like the smileys (sp?). How much water are you drinking?

Sandi, being sick doesn't help with energy either. Are you taking a good daily vitamin?

[copies and pastes in word before I dare click Submit Reply]
Old 02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
There must be a "computer virus" going around since so many of us are sick. Y'all gave me something.

Mern, you hit it spot on. I was going strong and then woke up horribly ill this morning. I'm all for calorie reduction, but this whole nausea bit can kiss my calorie-coated-fanny for what I care. Though this just goes to show me that as I age, I just can't eat the things that I used to. I've decided to take this as a good thing and use it as motivation to eat better! No more fastfood meatballs for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.