Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-15-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

I'm late to the party as well! The next few weeks are going to be really busy ones, but I'm determined to stay on track. Mid to upper 40's for my area this week so I have absolutely no reason not to hit the trails. Got out hiking on Sunday to test the hip and back and I did very well. Congratulations, Cassie, on getting back to your pre-Christmas weight... no small feat! I still remain on the worlds longest plateau... I guess with the injury, I should be glad to maintain and not gain. Enjoyed a piece of cake that my husband brought me yesterday from a friend of mine who's an incredible pastry chef. Will not be weighing in today! Keeping things simple as this is going to be a crazy week or two. On to this weeks goals:

Food & Fitness Related:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything.
2. Continually drink fluids all day long.
3. Balance pie chart.
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting.

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!)
2. Continue with growing mound of daughter's applications, letters, etc. (Every time I catch up, she brings me more...)

Last edited by quinnesec; 02-15-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
But you avoided the bleeding nipples?
That is correct, no blood on my shirt.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
That is correct, no blood on my shirt.
Just in your shoe?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Just in your shoe?
lol

I'm not sure if this is a look of joy or a look of pain.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-15-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Health and fitness:
1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 140oz.
2) 400 cals deficient for 6 days nope (cheat day)
3) workout 3 days no
4) play tennis at least one time no
5) no cereal for the week no
6) stay off the scale until Friday didn't get on it

Other:
1) make 50 calls to prospects 0 (took day off)
2) clean my car nope
Old 02-15-2011, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Great photo Mike!

review of my goals:

-track, stay w/in WW points allowance

I tracked everything but went over my points allowance by 12 bc my roommate decided to have people over for a milkshake making competition. wow. those tasted really good but I was so pissed that I ate it. I only had a total of 8-10 oz, always could have been worse. i was angry at myself though.

-aim to have the majority of my food journal be healthy, power foods
everything but the milkshakes was a power food

-cardio workout for 30 min 3X per week and put equal effort into doing weights
not yet, but I needed a rest day bc the last two days I worked out pretty hard

-note that Fri. and Sat. night will be spent out at restaurants with friends and leave extra points for those meals. Also, eat something before dinner so that I am not too hungry when reading the menu.
-still working on mentally preparing
Old 02-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Quinn. I'm about a pound, pound and a half away from my lowest, but I'm in my comfort range and the clothes fit okay, so I'm going to let it go for now. After all, if you keep trying to beat your lowest, where does it stop? That messes with my head too much.

Congrats to you on your ONE YEAR of maintenance! That is awesome. I also really admire you hanging tough at 1200 calories. Seems like once I hit my goal, even if I messed up on a vacation or a holiday, I never could get myself back to limiting the calories that much. You have willpower of iron, seriously!

Dang, Mike...I'm really impressed here! Hope the recuperation is going well.

Way to plan ahead, Julia!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
lol

I'm not sure if this is a look of joy or a look of pain.
You must be talking about your expression, the woman in front of you is clearly in pain.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Julia, congrats on your weight loss! Welcome back and best wishes on your goals.

Jennybeeb, you have come to the right place! Almost everyone in this group is highly motivated and I've found it's contageous.

Kumochi Mary. I'm also 64 and just retired this year from babysitting four of our seven grandkids as the youngest started first grade this school year. Now I only have them on school holidays and during the summer months. I love them dearly, but I always had kids to babysit since 1976 and after 34 years of babysitting I cherish my independence. Good for you for checking out physical activities for when the kids are in school.

Mambogirl, welcome back. To log homemade foods that aren't in the Fitday database, I advance to the next day's food log, enter all the ingredients, and then divide by the number of servings, weight, or measurement of the food. Then I enter the nutrition facts for the servings as a custom food and when done, I delete where I let Fitday do the calculations for me and return to the current day's food log.

Jess, good for you for finding a new exercise and for being such a good influence on your boyfriend.

Stacey, I HATE losing posts! Big hug to ya!

Hi, Mike. You can clean MY car, too! LOL

Mai, good for you for trying to getting back on the wagon! We're rooting for you to achieve your goals.

Rhoda, get well soon!

Jacqueline, wow! Thanks for the great motivation: "Another week, another opportunity to succeed..."

Rose, thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. I see you plan to work really hard on your goals again this week.

Cassie, you posted another great motivation: "Even if we weren't altogether successful, at least we learn something every step of the way, right?" That's one of the keys to success. Bleeding nipples! LOL LOL LOL

Quinn, I have to log every morsel of food that goes into my mouth. Lot of work, but it's so worth it.

Almeeker, your post about mascara reminded me of a happening way back in 1985 when my son was in first grade. I have always hated makeup. It looks great on others, but washing my face and then putting makeup on made me feel not clean anymore, even though I knew I was. I'm the same way with my hair--can't stand to wash my hair and then use hairspray or mousse. LOL In 1985 my son asked me why I never wear makeup and I explained ladies look so pretty with makeup and I jokingly told him "but I don't need makeup because I'm already beautiful." But he took that seriously. That same school year, for Mothers' Day the class made cards with fill-in-the-blank sentences. For the one that started "My Mom is beautiful when..." he wrote "...she doesn't wear makeup becaue she's already beautiful." LOL

My achievements Monday--nutrition counts low because I wasn't feeling good from early afternoon until late this morning. Must have been a mild virus. But I'm fine now.

Calories 1101
Protein 90g
Carbs less fiber 12g
Water--not good--only about 35 ounces as I recall.
Exercise spectacular --glad I did it in the morning before I started feeling bad! Goal was 21 minutes aerobic walking at 4MPH and I did 22 1/2.

Last edited by Mern; 02-15-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow Not so good

Thanks Mern and congrat on your weight lost.
This is my report:
Calories
workout
water

Today is a new day. I am doing ok so far.
Mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.