Community
Notices

Stuck on a plateau club - join me

Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Add me to the group! Although I am still under my goal weight, I had gotten down to 116 lbs. last summer and stayed there until Christmas. Over the holidays, I put on 4 lbs. and it seems like I lose a pound, then it's the Super Bowl. Gain it back. Then I lose a pound and it's Valentines Day... you get the picture. Lose a pound during the week, gain it back on the weekend. Very frustrating. A recent injury has also kept me from my usual activity level so I've even cut my calories back accordingly but still nothing. I know from past dieting that I just have to hang tough and eventually my body will give it up.

So, keep doing what you're doing and don't give up. Frustration is a formidable foe. Keep positive and picture the end result... you'll get there.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default persistence and patience...

... ARE RUNNING OUT

OK I feel better, sometimes ya just gotta yell!

...will...hang... on... another... week
Old 02-15-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
...will...hang... on... another... week
I just have to ask, are you slipping in to Capt Kirk mode or cartoon Batman?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Tee hee,
It's Capt. Kirk, all the way!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

If it's Capt. Kirk, it should be "Will....hangon...another...........week."
Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
If it's Capt. Kirk, it should be "Will....hangon...another...........week."
How right you are, Lizzy
Old 02-19-2011, 02:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Question Hmmm. is this a plateau or not

I have a big question for all of you:

So, while the scale hasn't changed much, I have actually reached my size goal of petite size 4. Does this count???

Went shopping today 'cuz I really didn't have any decent pant for work. Pretty much everything I tried on that fit and looked good was a size 4 . I seriously do not remember ever being a size 4.

Last fall when I went back to for a check up with the Diet Doc, I went with the intention of losing 10 lbs. ( I was 138 at the time) He said based on his experience and his knowledge of me, that it was probably not a very good personal goal to expect to get to, and maintain, 128. But he asked if I had a size goal and I said yes: size 4. This, he said, was quite possible if I added some weight/resisitanct training.

So here we are: about 4 weeks into a serious weight training program, 135lbs and at size 4 (BTW I'm 5'4" medium build)

So what do you all think? is 128 just a number???

I reasonalbly happy with my figure. I think my body fat is in the mid20s, but heck, I am 53... what are your thoughts.

Pam
Old 02-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default My two cents?

I think if you're happy where you are, everything else is just a number.

Goals change. I had a goal weight, then it went to a goal body fat percentage, then it started morphing into fitness goals. Now it's goals for my motivational thread (I keep typing that as "threat" by mistake; take that, Sigmund Freud. But I digress). I'm trying to shift from quantitative to qualitative goals, because as much as I like numbers and data, I don't want to live and die by them.

I say, if you can get out of bed each morning and feel happy and comfortable where you are, then the rest of it be damned.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Cassie,
But aren't you up a little late?
Never the less, I appreciate your wisdom.

Pam
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I think if you're happy where you are, everything else is just a number.

Goals change. I had a goal weight, then it went to a goal body fat percentage, then it started morphing into fitness goals. Now it's goals for my motivational thread (I keep typing that as "threat" by mistake; take that, Sigmund Freud. But I digress). I'm trying to shift from quantitative to qualitative goals, because as much as I like numbers and data, I don't want to live and die by them.

I say, if you can get out of bed each morning and feel happy and comfortable where you are, then the rest of it be damned.
Well said. And much appreciated from a fellow plateauer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.