Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-10-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

for my current weight loss goal it says i can have alittle more than 1900 cals a day.

i will say i've been lacking on counting my cals but i fine it easier to carry a small notebook with me and keep track of my food servings.
the food guide says i should have
7-8 fruits/veggies
6-7 grains
2 milk
2 meat

and i like to give myself one junk serving a day, could be from a can of pop, or a little bit of chocolate.

i take a multi-vitamin and vitamin c. but a class mate told me today that i shouldn't be taking the multi-vitamin cause some of the things would counter balance others is that true?

and i'll set some goals for next week
Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Twinner, Chocolate covered oreos??? YUMMY! Have you ever had (I don't know what it's called) 2 Ritz crackers with peanut butter between them, then dipped in chocolate. Kinda reminds me of Girl Scout Tagalongs, only better!
That whole chocolate conversation made me so hungry!!! I haven't ever tried those peanut butter lovehandles but now I might need to make some for a friend or something so i can just try ONE haha.

Almeeker, it's impressive you can do chocolate classes and still lose weight so well! I love baking, but I have to either make my husband take it to work with him (he is a farmer and probably burns 6000 cals a day) or take it to the neighbors pretending I'm being nice and not trying to spare myself the calories

Jhowar, I actually log chasing and picking up after my kids if it gets to the point it feels like exercise haha. Look up child care or house work on the activity log It's really nice that you and your boyfriend both want to be fit, even if you do it different ways.

Cassie, it looks like you have gotten your motivation back! That's great, i hope you feel better too

Mern, yesterday was actually really bad on my part. i literally lost 8 lbs overnight - I don't know how that happened - and I was STARVING all morning. I ate a piece of chicken for breakfast haha. Needless to say, I gained a couple pounds back... Weird. Has anyone else had that happen?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Twinnermommy
That whole chocolate conversation made me so hungry!!! I haven't ever tried those peanut butter lovehandles but now I might need to make some for a friend or something so i can just try ONE haha.
If you want just one, don't have any. They are like crack, once it hits your lips you'll be begging for more.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, everyone! Tomorrow is Friday! I am supposed to be playing basketball right now, but need a really good night's sleep. B-ball would have me getting home close to 11 - TOO late!

Anyhow, thanks to Mern, Cassie, almeeker and Stacey for commenting about my son's "incident." The "bully" is/was/has been a friend of my son's for about the past year. However, in recent weeks, he has become very aggressive in class and in the school yard, as well as being very disrespectful to teachers, adults, and other students in the school. My son had "had enough" when he was pushed; so he pushed back. Yeah - the teacher who "broke it up" saying "they weren't very good at fighting" made me laugh, too. Middle school is such a tough time.

Good day on the nutrition side of things today. Will post my report tomorrow. No snow day this week - nice to keep all of the K-2 children I teach in a routine!!

Cheers,
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NB-PEmom
Hey, everyone! Tomorrow is Friday! I am supposed to be playing basketball right now, but need a really good night's sleep. B-ball would have me getting home close to 11 - TOO late!

Anyhow, thanks to Mern, Cassie, almeeker and Stacey for commenting about my son's "incident." The "bully" is/was/has been a friend of my son's for about the past year. However, in recent weeks, he has become very aggressive in class and in the school yard, as well as being very disrespectful to teachers, adults, and other students in the school. My son had "had enough" when he was pushed; so he pushed back. Yeah - the teacher who "broke it up" saying "they weren't very good at fighting" made me laugh, too. Middle school is such a tough time.

Good day on the nutrition side of things today. Will post my report tomorrow. No snow day this week - nice to keep all of the K-2 children I teach in a routine!!

Cheers,
hmmm that's interesting. i don't condone that behaviour at all, but if they were good friends & then the other kid started acting differently, & recently started acting out in school i wonder if there could be stuff going on with him at home? not to give him any excuses of course we are all responsible for our own actions. it's good that your son stood up to him gives him confidence in his own abilities. that's cute that the teacher said they 'weren't good at it.' made me laugh.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, Stacey. He has had problems at home, but I don't know of what nature; actually, he was living with his grandmother before Christmas for about 6 weeks or so. His mother is a teacher at the same school, and being the professional that I am, I will not comment further about her.
BTW, purple was a great choice for your belly dancing costume!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the support ladies! Your responses most definitely helped and while I did cheat today, I wasn't completely out of control, which is a nice change of pace I dare say!

This weeks goals have been shortened due to some life difficulties:
Health:
1. Drink water: Yes, No, No, Yes

Life:
1. Clean apartment: No, No, No, Trying....

Baby steps until I can get it down!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

The chocolate covered Oreo thing is making me hungry, too. In fact, there's an ad at the top of my fitday page for "the chocolate milk diet". What the heck... now all I can think about is chocolate milk!!!! I might have to sneak a few chocolate chips from a bag that I have hidden...
Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
The chocolate covered Oreo thing is making me hungry, too. In fact, there's an ad at the top of my fitday page for "the chocolate milk diet". What the heck... now all I can think about is chocolate milk!!!! I might have to sneak a few chocolate chips from a bag that I have hidden...
Best way to make the chocolate okay: Do some sit ups in between each piece, or only allow yourself to have some after you've burnt some calories in the "Sexual Activities" tab
Old 02-10-2011, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

I just have to say how much I love this thread. For weeks now I have just been

-so exhausted
-so tired of winter blahs
-have lower back and hip flexor and then sometimes arch pains
-so stressed and have so many things to do and constantly keep track of
-never get a chance to relax w any friends b/c we are all too tired or they are busy or we all take turns being sick
-don't have anything to look forward to in the evenings and weekends except chores and housework and working after everyone else goes to bed

So it cheers me up to be on this funny and encouraging thread! Thanks, everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.