Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yunalee
hi there everyone.

i hope you don't mind me peeking in here, i feel so unmotivated today. and looking for some pointers it help keep me motivated to stay on my food guide log (the canadain one). and to do my 2 excerise goals (work out 30 mins and 10000 steps)

tahnks for any help
don't just peek in, join us!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Rose, ring, ring ring... the Y is calling yo!
Oh Mike, you are too funny. This made me laugh out loud. I know I know... it's hard with my work schedule right now. Luckily I just finished something for a major deadline so there will be a couple of days of down time until the work fury starts again. Sigh.

If I have Friday off, then I will go sign up at the Y, if not I'll have to go on Sunday because my Saturday is all booked up. I am proud to say that I have completed 18 30 Day Shred workouts in the last 20 days and have lost 3.5 inches off my waist!

Mike, congrats on staying off the scale. I was majorly tempted this morning but I resisted. We can do this!

Welcome back, Stacey. Are you really in Alberta? I'm on the other end of the country in Montreal. Glad to have you back and I was gone for a few weeks myself due to my Holiday detour so you aren't the only one for sure!

Jess, I hope you get that call soon!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mike is in rare form today. His comment about losing 125 pounds the easy way had me rollling
Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Oh Mike, you are too funny. This made me laugh out loud. I know I know... it's hard with my work schedule right now. Luckily I just finished something for a major deadline so there will be a couple of days of down time until the work fury starts again. Sigh.

If I have Friday off, then I will go sign up at the Y, if not I'll have to go on Sunday because my Saturday is all booked up. I am proud to say that I have completed 18 30 Day Shred workouts in the last 20 days and have lost 3.5 inches off my waist!

Mike, congrats on staying off the scale. I was majorly tempted this morning but I resisted. We can do this!

Welcome back, Stacey. Are you really in Alberta? I'm on the other end of the country in Montreal. Glad to have you back and I was gone for a few weeks myself due to my Holiday detour so you aren't the only one for sure!

Jess, I hope you get that call soon!
Thank you! I do too but if not I still have my babysitting gig =P
Old 02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

1) maintain the food log, every day yep, yep
2) get some sort of workout in at some point no and no, but both kids are out on a sick day so I give myself a pass on this one

personal goals:

1) get the taxes in the mail Federal's done, state and city to go
2) find something fun to do with the daughter this weekend

Hangin' in there, one day at a time
Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Rose ~ i am in alberta ~sigh~ -22 C today & still walked to work...lol. my home is vancouver, but i made it out here with my ex. lucky me i get to go lead cubs tonight & we are doing outside activities...lol. i know i know it's good for me.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Wow! You guys have been busy posting today! Wish I had more time to keep up!

Here's my update!
Targets for this week ~
1. DO NOT GET WEIGHED UNTIL NEXT MONDAY. (This HAS to be #1) So far so good; I got on...but I was down 2, so Yahoo!
2. More veggies on a daily basis. Yes, yes, yes
3. Begin a folder of favourite exercises and workouts. Not yet - tonight perhaps
4. 6 visits to the gym. Mon- yes, Tues - No (last trainer session yesterday and I am wiped out! Back at it tomorrow!Wed - yes
5. Keep food to 1500-1700 cal. Yes, Yes, Yes

So far, so good. Started wearing my pedometer to work again so I can track my steps.

Stressful afternoon - my son was in a fight at school Actually, it was more of a shoving match. The teacher who stopped it said, "They weren't very good at it." which makes sense - he's never had any trouble at school. The other boy is a "bully" who he finally stood up to. I don't condone the violence, but I'm glad he had the guts to stand up for himself. I also had a great chat with the principal tonight, which made me feel better. He does, however, have to stay home for one day (zero tolerance policy). And the good news is, I resisted the box of Wagon Wheels in the cupboard and had a Skinny Cow fudgsicle instead!!!

Have a great night/day - depending on when you read this.

Cheers,
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

i'm having a hard time keeping myself motivated this week since last week i was sicks and wasn't able to keep up with my workouts and diet. is it best for me to not turn on my laptop when i wake up, and to do my workout before i turn my laptop on?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
Rose ~ i am in alberta ~sigh~ -22 C today & still walked to work...lol. my home is vancouver, but i made it out here with my ex. lucky me i get to go lead cubs tonight & we are doing outside activities...lol. i know i know it's good for me.
You know you burn 30% more calories doing any physical activity in that kind of cold. I always try to keep that in mind when I walk to work in -22 C. We were lucky with our balmy -8 today.

Oh ya, nice belly dancing outfit!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Stacey, it's neat to see you in your belly-dancing garb after reading your posts about how much fun it was for you last year.

Michelle, had to laugh...sounds like the best of both worlds, having a child who will stand up for himself but in no way is going down the road of using his fists to solve problems..."not very good at it" is too funny.

Anyway, here's the day:

1. Calorie deficit of 250-300, because I keep slipping and can't get back to my pre-holiday weight/body fat % Yes, Yes but barely, Yes
2. Balance the pie chart, carbs no more than 45% Yes-45, Yes-45, Yes-43 (somehow, success on my meatless day this week)
3. Exercise 7X's (daily, or double up) Doubled up today (weights and intervals), yes (3 mile run), yes (hour of yoga)
4. Sleep at least seven hours a night. Fail, Yes, Yes
5. Get in three of my water bottles daily (I'm pretty regular about 2) Yes, Just finishing, No
6. Stay off the scale this week Yes, Yes, Yes

7. One organizational office task per day (at least a small one) Not today-but I helped set up the Scholastic Book Fair at school, Yes, Yes
8. Finish painting stair trim and spindles by end of weekend Weekend being the operative word...
9. Try a new healthy recipe or make over an old one Not yet
10. Complete the family financial summit with hubby Scheduled for Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.