Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-09-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Twinner, Chocolate covered oreos??? YUMMY! Have you ever had (I don't know what it's called) 2 Ritz crackers with peanut butter between them, then dipped in chocolate. Kinda reminds me of Girl Scout Tagalongs, only better!
This is one of the things that I have the students in my chocolate class constuct, I call them "Peanut Butter Love Handles". Another one is to dip the Ritz crackers in mint milk chocolate, I call 'em "Faux Thin Mints" or "Ritz Grasshoppers", they are my favorite and eating just one will trigger me to eat maybe 10-15 more. Pretty much can't have them in the house and stay on track. I also teach fondants & fillings, dipping techniques, truffles and chocolate covered fruit. So now you know why #1 is sooooo hard for me these days. I've taught 1-2 classes/week for the last 3 weeks and I have 2 more to go.

The race I'm looking at is the Old Kent River Bank Run 5, 10 or 25K. The SIL wants to do the 10K, we'll see - I'm having some training issues. I talked to my DD's about coming with me and registering as a "team" and they were pumped, so maybe it'll be a family fast walk instead of a race. The last time I wanted to do a race, I was belly up and wishing for death.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
You're a laugh riot, Mike, I tell you.... Get three bottles' worth of water in me...how is that?

Stacey, I'm glad to see you popped back in. Did you make the move yet, or are you planning to? Hope all is going okay with you and your son.
Cassie I haven't moved yet & right now it's on hold as my ex is really making an effort to see our son....soooo... i can't move him farther away.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey, is that you in your avatar?
yes that's me that's my belly dance costume. i made the top
Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Peanut Butter Love Handles sounds about right! Last night I fell victim to Apple Cobbler Love Handles topped with Vanilla Ice Cream Thunder Thighs.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

That sounds like a real "Up-scale" event there Mike. I thought the carb-loading was scheduled for later this week? I'm in no place to criticize. Sitting here at nearly 1,100 for the day, and planning an all-out cardio workout this evening. It's looking bad for #1 again today.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

eh, I'm not a low carber so when I load up it's pretty extreme. LOL I probably won't eat much lasagna, but my SIL will b/c she believes in loading the day before. Then again, she also believes in training (which I think is overrated). Well, I did some training today, I went 1 mile. Does that count?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

...Caroline, congrats on almost being married 9 years, especially at a young age. I never could make it much past 1 year. I always that of it as a quick way to drop 125 pounds or so. Being a photgrapher can be a busy job. I have a good friend that's a photographer, I was going to post his webiste for you to see b/c i'm trying to keep the spamming down and didn't want to contribute to it...
Thank you! Yes, I was very young when I got married (19 yrs. old to be exact). It was a VERY ROUGH first couple of years of marriage and somehow we made it through and we are more in love now than when we first got married, that's for sure
Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

1. Eat between 1300 and 1400 per day and NOT go over. 1. YES! Yay!/ 2. Yep =) 2 days in a row!/
2. Drink my 96 oz of Water per day. 1. Yep and then some./ 2. I always drink more and thats good/
3. Get out the dumbbells and use them at least once a day if not more. 1/ Yea, a few minutes before work./2. No =(
4. Go Shopping this week and get HEALTHY low-cal foods. 1. Not Yet but no money yet./ 2. This is a Thursday or Friday goal

Around the house and such:
1. Get the boyfriend to finally join in on counting Calories Might be a bit difficult this week until I go shopping. 2. Thursday
2. Set up the Ab Lounge ( lol ) This might be a weekend thing
3. Sign up for Summer orientation for College Not yet =(
4. Go to old College and put a hold on Loans. Ugh I need to stop procrastinating on this
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Twinnermommy
I love the thank you card idea; even if they can't hire you now, it will open up chances for the future. It sounds like it went well, I hope you got it!
Yea, I'm hoping so, I used to work at a pizza place and an ice cream place before so I've been all over, plus my brother and his girlfriend work there so even if I don't get hired I will still probably see his boss and his wife

and only time will tell- they never told me when they would call me back so I'm not sure if that's good or bad but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Jess, congrats on the interview. Hope it works out well for you.

Rose, sounds like you did exercise today even if you didn't plan it. Love your letter to Winter .

vabeachgirlNYC, looking at something you have to do gives you half credit . Hope you get some good rest tonight.

Progress today:

1. Calorie deficit of 250-300, because I keep slipping and can't get back to my pre-holiday weight/body fat % Yes, Yes but barely
2. Balance the pie chart, carbs no more than 45% Yes-45, Yes-45
3. Exercise 7X's (daily, or double up) Doubled up today (weights and intervals), yes (3 mile run)
4. Sleep at least seven hours a night. Fail, Yes
5. Get in three of my water bottles daily (I'm pretty regular about 2) Yes, Just finishing
6. Stay off the scale this week Yes, Yes

7. One organizational office task per day (at least a small one) Not today-but I helped set up the Scholastic Book Fair at school, Yes
8. Finish painting stair trim and spindles by end of weekend Weekend being the operative word...
9. Try a new healthy recipe or make over an old one Not yet
10. Complete the family financial summit with hubby Scheduled for Saturday
Thank you =) I guess if I don't get the job then I can prep for job hunting again..

I went out all in the beginning of January with Resume's and handed them out to every store in the mall- only after 2 weeks by, when I was waiting for the first interview at the pizza place did I know I had one typo on my Resume, and it was......my phone number! DAH =/ guess I need to quadroople check my work from now on, usually I'm pretty good at that. But now my Resume is fixed and ready to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.