Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Can I edit my goals?

Original goals:
1) (Sunday) 1/2 Marathon in 2h 38m or faster
2) Make a YouTube Video (put some effort in to this)... this may not be until next week, b/c I'll want to update on the race.
3) Gallon of water per day.

New Goals:
Health & Fitness Related:
2) Gallon of water per day.
3) 200 pushups
4) 50 pullups
5) 50 chinups

Other Goals:
1) Make a YouTube Video (put some effort in to this)... this may not be until next week, b/c I'll want to update on the race.
2) Make a big, nasty pan of lasagna for my SIL (day before the race carb load). BTW Big & Nasty is a good thing.

The impossible:
1) Don't weight myself until Friday

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-08-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Sharon!

Nice to "see" you. Welcome back! Yep... several of us from last year are back from our holiday pig-outs. lol

quinn
Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

So many posts
right, here's my report card from yesterday:

My goals this week:
1) whatever goals I make, I try my best to STICK to them yes
2) eat under 1900kcal 1927
3) minimum of junk (top priority) just 1 teeny tiny teaspoon of choc spread
4) burn at least 2500kcal 2501 yeah
5) exercise daily, MUST!!! 30min of aerobics
6) take one day at a time yes

I weighted myself this morning and believe it or not, i'm under 163lb. I drank 27oz bottle of water after my evening workout, so I'm quite sure it isn't water weight. Must be the breastfeeding :d burning off calories from biscuits.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Twinnermommy
jhowar16, Congrats on the interview! Let us know how it goes
Well it went, I dressed professionally and was confident the whole way through and I have done tons of interviews in my life so far so I know how to be proper, but I'm not sure what the outcome will be. The lady who I was interviewed by was the Boss's wife..

I'm a pessimist when it comes to things like this though so I suppose I will know when they call..if they call =( either way I will send them a thank you card for their time =)
Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Can I edit my goals?

Original goals:
2) Make a YouTube Video (put some effort in to this)... this may not be until next week, b/c I'll want to update on the race.
3) Gallon of water per day.

New Goals:
Health & Fitness Related:
2) Gallon of water per day.
3) 200 pushups
4) 50 pullups
5) 50 chinups

Other Goals:
1) Make a YouTube Video (put some effort in to this)... this may not be until next week, b/c I'll want to update on the race.
2) Make a big, nasty pan of lasagna for my SIL (day before the race carb load). BTW Big & Nasty is a good thing.

The impossible:
1) Don't weight myself until Friday
Sounds good! lol I'm sure you can wait until Friday to weigh yourself!

You can do it!!

I don't even have a scale and I forgot to weigh myself when I stopped at my mom's Sunday =( so I have no idea where I'm at.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec

1. Limit calories to 1200. yes
With my lower activity level, dinners and parties I'm fighting just to keep at 120. I've kept calories at 1100-1200, but it's just not enough to lose for some reason. I may lose a couple pounds one week and gain it back the next... really frustrating. I know if I could work out and do my normal routine it would be different. May have to limit breakfast to fruit until I can resume a normal activity level. Oatmeal, I will miss you.

quinn[/COLOR]
I love your idea of doing something extra nice each day! I need to do more of that. You are at the same height and weight as me; I think I'm at the lowest threshhold I can be that's still pleasant for me. With normal activities, if I go under 1800 cal's I feel like I'm starving. If I work out I feel like I need to eat more. Even w less activity maybe your body might still need a certain amount of calories.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

Here's my update!
Targets for this week ~
1. DO NOT GET WEIGHED UNTIL NEXT MONDAY. (This HAS to be #1) So far so good
2. More veggies on a daily basis. Yes, yes
3. Begin a folder of favourite exercises and workouts. Not yet - tonight perhaps
4. 6 visits to the gym. Mon- yes, Tues - No (last trainer session yesterday and I am wiped out! Back at it tomorrow!
5. Keep food to 1500-1700 cal. Yes, Yes

Thanks, Mern. In the morning, I go right to the kitchen and drink about 12 oz of water. There is no way I am getting on the scale after that!!!!

Sorry, I didn't get to read everyone's posts today. Hope all is well with everyone. Keep on keepin' on!!

Cheers,
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhowar16
I'm a pessimist when it comes to things like this though so I suppose I will know when they call..if they call =( either way I will send them a thank you card for their time =)
I love the thank you card idea; even if they can't hire you now, it will open up chances for the future. It sounds like it went well, I hope you got it!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

ruby,

I stayed between 116-119 lbs. from March until December without logging or counting calories... it just became a pretty comfortable habit. But then the holidays hit and now this injury. When my weight was down, I was walking or snowshoeing 2-4 miles a day. Until I can get back to that level of exercise, I'll just be happy not gaining.

quinn
Old 02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Rose,Congratulations on achieving your pre-holiday weight! Looks like you stayed focused and got the job done!
Thanks so much Quinn! It does feel really good! I'm even one pound less than I was before Christmas and I worked pretty hard for it too.

I am really proud of myself for digging my car out today. I just wish I had photographed the before and after. You would not believe the amount of snow that I had to shovel!!!! My arms are already sore! It took me 40 minutes of shoveling to get that damn Beetle out of that snow bank. Thank goodness I don't drive a big SUV. On that note I'd like to write an open letter of complaint about this situation.

Dear Winter,

You are no longer welcome here. You have gone too far. Please leave now.

Sincerely,
Rose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.