Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
welcome vabeachgirlNYC!
Thanks! Guess I should have said Hi ladies AND man!

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
That's an unusual goal, keeping calories above a min threshhold instead of below. Do you have trouble getting enough to eat?
I just think I eat more than I do. I was looking at my food overview and realized I was only averaging 1056 over the past two months! And I log everything!

I eat most of my cals at night but I am working on getting more sleep so I need to make sure I get those night calories in sooner!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Thanks! Guess I should have said Hi ladies AND man!

Men... Michael pokes his head in every now and then.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Well you two are playing in the girls clubhouse you know!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Goals:
Hi Vabeach girl!!!! If you need more calories, you can have some of mine...
I would gladly take you up on that some days, lol!

This thread is already helping me!

Body Health Goals
1) Keep calories above 1000 1005
2) 3 lifting sessions 1
3) Get 6 hours minimum sleep every night yes, just took melatonin
4) Get to one dance class! no

Mental Health Goals
1) Make 3 phone calls I have been dreading/putting off no
2) Open January's mail 1envelope, woot!
3) Take god daughter out for a FroYo date no
4) Clear one room of clothes to keep/donate/toss no

I look forward to reading everyone's posts tomorrow!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

I should make keeping my calories above 1,000 every day. That's sure to be a goal I could keep!!! I was cracking up over one of the other posters who had a goal about limiting her abdominal workout. I was like "hey, I could do that one too!!!". But I think she just had a baby, and my baby is like 4 1/2 now.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I should make keeping my calories above 1,000 every day. That's sure to be a goal I could keep!!! I was cracking up over one of the other posters who had a goal about limiting her abdominal workout. I was like "hey, I could do that one too!!!". But I think she just had a baby, and my baby is like 4 1/2 now.
What happened to our thread? No one is doing it anymore? I miss you lol
Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals for the week... Some to continue, some new.

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. no
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes
4. Walk 30-45 minutes daily. (Wimpy compared to normal, I know.) yes
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes
6. Continue with "weight-loss mode", changing calorie intake due to lower activity level. yes

To Do List:

1. Limit calories to 1200. yes
2. Get tax info ready for accountant. TOP PRIORITY! no
3. Continue with positive attitude and energy regarding injury. yep Put in a pretty normal day until I begged for my heating pad at about 7 p.m.
4. Do something nice and/or unexpected for someone each day. I did.
5. Help daughter with NHS and college entrance letters. No, but I'm thinking about it.

With my lower activity level, dinners and parties I'm fighting just to keep at 120. I've kept calories at 1100-1200, but it's just not enough to lose for some reason. I may lose a couple pounds one week and gain it back the next... really frustrating. I know if I could work out and do my normal routine it would be different. May have to limit breakfast to fruit until I can resume a normal activity level. Oatmeal, I will miss you.

quinn
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

I see in your post that you're having a hard time getting back to pre-holiday weight as well. What the heck are we doing different from last year????? LOL

quinn
Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I don't know! Maybe last year we were unhappier with where we were and took it more seriously. It was also easier to lose when we were heavier.

I am really frustrated at myself. I was at a certain point before the holidays (only about 2-3 pounds lighter than now) and I don't understand why it feels like I'm not succeeding if I don't get back there. I am at a perfectly fine weight right now, but somehow knowing that I've been lower is nagging at me. It makes NO SENSE; it's a couple of pounds and, like you have said, is probably one of those "too low to maintain long term" weights, but I am struggling to get past the mental block of that. Next week's goals will have to be less calorie-driven and more mind-focused

Plus every once in a while I just get cranky that it doesn't take many calories to maintain where I'm at, being short and all that, and I feel rebellious and just eat whatever I want. That's been about one day a week, and in that one day, I undo all the progress I've made that week so far.

I hope you are feeling a little less achy today and I admire you for doing as much as you're doing. At least you should be good to go by the time the weather gets better. Good luck with those college apps...busy time! Our district band is this weekend, so we're gearing up for that .
Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Ha yeah my baby's only 4 weeks old! It's just a temptation cuz I NEED the ab workout so bad now!! My stomach looks like a popped beach ball! 2 more weeks and I'm home free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.