Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 01-30-2011, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Well good morning all my lovelies, and Mike LOL. Just kidding Mike, you're also lovely. Well I did medium last week on my goals, got in most of my water, all my exercise, kept the calories okay-ish until the weekend, got some of the other stuff accomplished. I'll give the week a B-/C+ in terms of success.

We took the kids skiing on Saturday, which was great fun and a serious workout, so I skipped the gym. I think we were there about 7 hours. I could have gone longer, but it was getting cold and the 4 year old DD was DONE. She's pretty amazing on skis, her daddy who helped her up the lift and down the slope no less than 100 times (bent over and coaching) is even more amazing. Anyway a good day of activity for the whole fam, felt very proud of myself for not wimping out on any of it. I'm a very nervous/cautious skier with a bad leg and bum shoulder, so in the past I've gotten very wimpy - quickly. But I kept up with the older two DD's run for run, although I will admit they beat me to the bottom of the hill every time, partly because I was behind them watching for wipe outs and partly because I'm a big fat chicken. But still I'm very proud of myself because after 7 hours on the slopes - I'm not sore, not even a little. Which just goes to show that all that working out is well, working!!! The whole rest of the family is sore, and whinny (but not me and I'm um, rubbing it in a little...).

So our oldest DD who is 9 and slightly chubby is feeling rather motivated this morning by mom's success, right now she's out in the living room working out. She got up early and made up her own routine on the EA Active and is almost done. She also wants to do the "Special K Challenge" after picking up a brochure on it yesterday at the grocery store. So far I'm letting her go with it, and I've already had a little discussion with her about substituting this or that for one meal or the other, because it's about "calories and nutrition" and if you do a little math you won't end up being a slave to the Kellogg's products.

Sorry for going on and on.

This weeks fitness goals:

1. Stick to calorie budget 1,350-1,500
2. Drink 96 oz water
3. Workout 6 hours
4. Reach 12 minute sustained run
5. Get back on elliptical routine
6. Sign up for race
7. Calorie deficit of 500 minimum

This week's non-fitness goals:

8. Clean out one area in basement
9. Clean out candy making totes
10. Average 6 items/day from list
11. Get car cleaned out
12. One load to Goodwill.
13. Finish 2 pieces of DD's bloomer dress

Last edited by almeeker; 01-31-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Goals For The Week:

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day.
2. Limit bread to one serving a day.
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times.
4. Walk 3 miles a day at least three times a week.
5. Take multi-vitamin daily.
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed a few holiday pounds.

To Do List:

1. Balance checkbook.
2. Get tax info ready for accountant.
3. Complete an entire week without saying anything negative about anyone. (Hubby and I challenged each other after we realized how snarky we were on a recent trip to Walmart.)
4. Do something nice and/or unexpected for someone each day.

quinn
Old 01-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, Quinn, I hugely respect your To Do #3. I'm not sure I could make that. BTW, have you seen the website peopleofwalmart.com? Oh my.

Okay, hoping to have a better week here. My goals:

1. Calorie deficit of 250-300, because I keep slipping and can't get back to my pre-holiday weight/body fat %
2. Balance the pie chart.
3. Do something different for exercise at least one day.
4. Sleep at least seven hours a night.
5. Get in three of my water bottles daily (I'm pretty regular about 2)

6. One organizational office task per day (at least a small one)
7. Paint trim in another room
8. Try a new healthy recipe or make over an old one.

I have to say, and you all have probably had this experience, too, that there are some goals that I have posted in the past that are actually habits now, such that I don't feel I need to list them in order to do them. I think that's a great outcome of having this thread and hopefully will continue.

Thanks for starting us off this week, almeeker, and good for your daughter getting a workout in this morning. It feels good when it rubs off on the family, doesn't it?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, it feels good when a healthy habit of mine rubs off on some one. It's especially nice that it's some one I love so much.

I cannot possible do quinn's #3, I'm soo impressed that she's actually attempting it! DH and I aren't too snarky with each other most of the time, but he's been a real grouch lately, maybe cause his meds have changed IDK.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Ok... here's my LAST bit of snarkiness before I start #3. I just thought that, perhaps, it may be a great idea if half the people in my local Walmart on Sunday would at least do one of the following:

1. bathe
2. remove slippers
3. comb hair
4. change out of what they slept in the night before
5. use deodorant

quinn
Old 01-31-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Ok... here's my LAST bit of snarkiness before I start #3. I just thought that, perhaps, it may be a great idea if half the people in my local Walmart on Sunday would at least do one of the following:

1. bathe
2. remove slippers
3. comb hair
4. change out of what they slept in the night before
5. use deodorant

quinn
LOL--that's funny right there! I always say to the wife that I enjoy going to Wal-Mart because, darn it all, it proves we're really not THAT bad off after all! It's kinda like going to the County Fair to see who crawls out of the woodwork or down from the hills once a year attend.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
LOL--that's funny right there! I always say to the wife that I enjoy going to Wal-Mart because, darn it all, it proves we're really not THAT bad off after all! It's kinda like going to the County Fair to see who crawls out of the woodwork or down from the hills once a year attend.

Regards,
Michael
so LOL i thought ireland was the only place in the world when you can see people in supermarkets in their PJs.
Anyway, my goals for this week are:

1) eat strictly under 1900kcal
2) burn strictly over 2500kcal
3) stick to vegetarian diet
4) carbs max. 240g a day
5) exercise 45min bike/1hr dvd on alternating days
6) count my blessings

Today i found out that someone 'skimmed' my card and tried to misuse it, but fortunately my bank was faster and blocked my account before the money was gone. I actually found out about this when i went to the branch to complain that my account is frozen. Word of advise to all, do not pay with your card in ethnic shops. It's remarkable that if something like this happens, it's always on the day when your rent is due, or the day before.

I keep losing about 1lb a week which is great and correct according to my average -500kcal. I'm happy coz 1lb a week still makes 22lb(10kg) in 6months, and i'm in no rush.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, Almeeker!

Quinn, I could be a little less snarky with my husband DAILY. Your Sunday
Walmart trip would make anyone snarky--you are allowed that one. Sheesh!

Cassie, way to go on past goals now being habits!

Mike, thanks for the other link for mapmyrun.com. I WAS better able to
navigate after logging onto it. I practiced making and saving routes, and
adding workouts using them.

Michael, I like your attitude. We can all use a little more self-appreciation.

Muna, congrats on the steady weight loss!

Sunday's achievements:

Food:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1342
Carb limit (carbs less fiber) limit 25, actual 21
Protein: goal 100-120, actual 103g

Water goal 40 oz., actual a little over 40

Exercise: goal to maintain at 10 minutes walking stamina achieved

Weight loss last week 3 1/2 lbs.

Goals this week:

Food is same as always but I have to use a nutrition tracker to achieve it:
1600 calorie limit
25g net carbs (carbs less fiber) limit
100-125g protein goal

Water--increasing from 40 to 48 ounces by the end of the week.

Exercise
--increase walking stamina from 2/3 mile in 10 minutes to one mile in 15
minutes
--work up to 100 AbRoller reps after dinner by the end of the week.

Personal goals: less snarky and more patient
Old 01-31-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

LOL ... For the record, I wasn't mean to my husband. Together, we were making mean observations about the people we saw shopping and felt guilty after wards, hence goal #3.

quinn
Old 01-31-2011, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Always used to say I liked going to the Walmart because it makes me feel smart and thin .

I had a habit, for a while, of checking out what people buy (in front of or behind me). I stopped that when I came up against a huge man in camo who put up various hunting paraphernalia, six cans of potted meat, a newspaper and a jumbo sized box of condoms. My imagination just got the better of me.

Sometimes it's just better if you don't look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.