Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
1 pound per week = 50 lbs in a Year! Join me! >

1 pound per week = 50 lbs in a Year! Join me!

Community
Notices

1 pound per week = 50 lbs in a Year! Join me!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

yunalee: Hurray! I'm glad that you lost this week!

Today is my "Cheat Day" so I'm super excited and full of sugar! Life is wonderful! Though I cheated myself and weighed in today (tots not official) and I've gained .2! Urg! Oh well, I just need to buckle down and actually workout.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Heading in the right direction

Focusing on healthy foods. I did cheat Friday, long week, but back on track today. Exercising 3xweekly or more I need to drink more water. Lost two pounds 143. Goal 120.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am back to check in after a rather successful month here..I have lost 6 lbs!! I am eating 1500 cal usually but aiming for a bit less just to see if I can shave off a few cal here and there. Most days Mon - Friday I can hit 1400 without much more effort, just better planning.

My " trick " if you can call it that is a big salad before dinner with romaine lettuce/cucumber/tomato and balsamic vinegar then we wait 10min and catch up on the day while I put dinner together, then we sit down and leisurely eat since the edge is off our appetites. My husband has his fave Caesar dressing on his salad. I think I am saving about 500 - 700 cal a week doing this...adds up!!

I also am using 1 Tbsp of yogurt and a touch of Dijon mustard to make egg salad instead of mayo. 18 cal for the yogurt as opposed to 99 for the mayo!!! I am using 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.

I have lost 30 lbs then joined fitday and have lost 6 more. I am 224 and I am going down to 150 one lb at a time and finding great joy in doing so!!

We had company last night, I didn't have wine because I had fresh apple coffeecake for dessert with a tiny scoop of ice cream, my first dessert since Christmas. Today we are going out for lunch with these same people so I am filling up on water before I go. I would rather stay in near the fire but I tend to be hermit like and it is important to go out.

Dinner is in the crock pot and we will have another big salad only tonight it will be on our laps watching Doc Martin at 6 pm CST on PBS, hahaha he is very funny!!

Happy Sunday folks,

Nancy
Old 02-21-2011, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Ladies!~ Just checking in to see how everyone is doing! A trick that I just heard about: Brushing your teeth instead of snacking!

Today I walked to dinner, and then to dessert, and then back home! It was fabulous and made me really realize just how much walking I do as a college student! Just set up my pedometer and I can't wait to track my steps!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone
I have missed being here but I have had terrible computer problems. I have an error in my Windows operating system that Microsoft support techs haven't been able to fix. Now I'm waiting for MS to send me a new updated Windows disk to install. So, I'm still going to be fighting this for at least a week.

Sounds like everyone is doing great!
Carolyn
Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Skeetgirl: Sorry to hear about your computer problems! Good luck! All else fails, just imagine all the calories you're burning by banging your head against the wall :wink:

Jjeand: I totally feel you about the pants! I have a drawer full of size 13 (tight) and only 2 jeans size 14 (baggy). It is so frustrating to only have two pairs of pants that are comfortable! Especially when the thighs are wearing out in both of them!

Do any of you lovely ladies have any suggestions as for how to either decrease the wear&tear or as to how to repair the inner thighs of jeans after a hole has been worn into them? (besides weightloss and just not wearing them!)

I hope that everyone is doing well! I’m down 2.5lbs and looks like I’ll be catching up with that one week where I gained 1lb! Super excited, and I stumbled across an awesome quote:

“It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.”
-Confucius (supposedly)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

hey guys it looks like this thread has died down quite abit. i wish i could be on more but my laptop is still in for repairs, taking forever no?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

HI-I am happy to join with you. I, too am looking to lose 1 pound per week and need a buddy to keep me accountable and encourage me rather than sabotage me. I am looking to lose 14 pounds and improve my blood sugar. I am good at exercising, but have developed a habit of stress and mindless eating.
Paula