Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 02-02-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday's check-in:

My fitness goals for the week:
1. Hit the gym everyday, beginning today. (1,
2. Try at least one new Clean Eating recipe. (maybe today)
3. Continue to log food and journal on FitDay. (1,
4. Water, water, water! (1,
5. Walk instead of drive to pharmacy, store, etc. (0,

Non-fitness goals for the week:
1. Clean off my dresser. not yet
2. Clean out DD's dresser. (DONE!)
3. Find jump rope and fitness band to on March Break. (still looking)

Thanks, Mern and Cassie for the scale advice. Yes, I am obsessed, too. Think I will add putting it out of sight out of mind for a few days on my list for next week. Although, after 7 days, it did budge a little bit today.

Waiting for the storm to hit. School was cancelled again - 5th day in 4 weeks. I'll walk to the gym for today's fat burn!

Cheers!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week:

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. close, yes
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. no, yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes, yes
4. Walk 3 miles a day at least three times a week. 3 miles in, on hold for this week
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed a few holiday pounds. yes, yes

To Do List:

1. Balance checkbook. NO, no
2. Get tax info ready for accountant. NO, no
3. Complete an entire week without saying anything negative about anyone. (Hubby and I challenged each other after we realized how snarky we were on a recent trip to Walmart.) If thoughts don't count, I'm good. I've been as good as gold.
4. Do something nice and/or unexpected for someone each day. NO, yes

Blew out my SI joint yesterday; an injury that originally began after a nasty car accident a few years ago. That pretty much ends my snowshoeing season which is a heart breaker for me. I look forward to it all year. I'd love to tell you that I did it doing something exciting and exotic but, truth be told, I did it putting on my shoes and landed in traction an hour later to get the spasms to stop. Basically, this ends all forms of exercise (except very slow walking) for me for a while. I can't even put on my own socks. There's something very humbling about having your teenage daughter tie your shoes. UGH!!!

On the bright side, I'll have lots of time to balance my checkbook and get my taxes ready... turn lemons into lemonade and all.

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 02-02-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default bummer, quinn

Sorry to see your out for the season!
Heal quickly: Certainly one of the benefits of being fit is that injuries do tend to heal faster. But one of the downsides of all that activity, is that you have more opportunity to hurt yourself, even if it is just putting on your shoes.

Pam
Old 02-02-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Pam,

Did you ever see that commercial with the "suck-o-meter"? When I was in traction, my husband tried to make me laugh by saying, "I bet you wish you had a "suck-o-meter" right now!" My doctor is actually one of his good friends and I think they enjoyed seeing me tied up where I couldn't kill them both.

quinn
Old 02-02-2011, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Yea we are getting dumped here too in Michigan, but from where I am it doesn't look too bad but I get off work after Midnight then need to run to the store for some buns and other foods in case our power goes out, which I hope it doesn't. Good ole Michigan lives up to its name.
I cross-country skiied today for about 40 minutes--the snow was so deep it was more like plowing through the snow! It was so fun and exhilarating, now I'm tired and sore in a good way and super hungry!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Michelle, glad your scale finally budged a little. Good for you for planning on putting the scale out of sight for a few days.

Anyone, I heard recently, but haven't verified, that most weight loss or fat dissolving or something happens during our sleep. Does anyone here know if that's true? I know we lose water weight in our exhales, but what else is going on during sleep to cause the weight loss?

Quinn, so sorry about your injury! Wishing you a speedy recovery! I keep putting off doing our tax return. UGH! I promised myself I'll do it this weekend.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, Quinn. That is high on the suck-o-meter. I recently purchased snowshoes for my school through a grant and have been taking the grade two's out for their PE class. We're having a blast!!

WTG with the x/c skiing, rubypeanut! Around here right now EVERYONE should be doing the same thing instead of driving - the roads are a mess right now.

Thanks, Mern. I was pretty happy to see it move.
Good question. My trainer told me to eat a small portion (i.e. glass of milk, egg white, etc) of protein before bed to boost metabolism during sleep and help to repair/build fatigued muscles. I've tried it the past 4 nights; I'll continue to monitor (yes, using the scale...... for now). That is an interesting question - maybe someone has a more definitive answer.

Cheers!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NB-PEmom
Good question. My trainer told me to eat a small portion (i.e. glass of milk, egg white, etc) of protein before bed to boost metabolism during sleep and help to repair/build fatigued muscles. I've tried it the past 4 nights; I'll continue to monitor (yes, using the scale...... for now). That is an interesting question - maybe someone has a more definitive answer.

Cheers!
I'm no trainer but here's my take. I'm not so sure that I'll boost your metabolism but the protein will help curb late night cravings. Casein is usually recommend before bed because it is a slow digesting protein and will sustain you longer. I usually work out late, so I use Whey protein b/c it is faster digesting and is better suited after a workout when your muscles are in need. B/C I workout so late I mix is some cottage cheese, to add a little slow digesting with the fast digesting. If you run it through the blender it will actually turn out with the consistency of a milk shake.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday Check-in

Well hoping everyone in the east is warm and safe.

My mini-goals and check-in for Wednesday:
  • 1000 calorie deficit each day YES (Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed)
  • elliptical 3-4 times per week (work up to 20 minutes) YES - 20 min.(Sun, Mon, Tues) - taking a break today so as not to burnout
  • balance ball workout 30 min - 4-5 times per week YES 40 min (Sun, Tues, Wed)
  • eat breakfast YES (Sun, Mon, Tues,Wed)
  • limit grain products to one high fibre portion per day YES (Sun, Mon, Tues, Yes)
Feeling really good...energy level, heath, mood are all great. As Ihave already completed my elliptical goal for this week, I am taking a day off and plan to resume tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Well hoping everyone in the east is warm and safe.

My mini-goals and check-in for Wednesday:
  • 1000 calorie deficit each day YES (Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed)
  • elliptical 3-4 times per week (work up to 20 minutes) YES - 20 min.(Sun, Mon, Tues) - taking a break today so as not to burnout
  • balance ball workout 30 min - 4-5 times per week YES 40 min (Sun, Tues, Wed)
  • eat breakfast YES (Sun, Mon, Tues,Wed)
  • limit grain products to one high fibre portion per day YES (Sun, Mon, Tues, Yes)
Feeling really good...energy level, heath, mood are all great. As Ihave already completed my elliptical goal for this week, I am taking a day off and plan to resume tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.
Great job on your goals! 1,000 cal deficit, that's impressively awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.