Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 02-06-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Sorry about the flu! That's no fun! On a humorous note, did you ever read or watch, "The Devil Wears Prada?" One of the characters says, "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight!" So if you do get the flu, at least there may be a consolation prize...JK
That is a funny quote. This is not a stomach flu; it's a fever headache kill me kind of thing. But I can even eat with a stomach flu. I'm the only one who gains weight being sick!!! All those crackers! All that toast!!!

I think the lowish carb thing is causing me to shed a few pounds. Even though it is technically probably not possible, I would gain 7 pounds from a day like Mike's. (I may be exaggerating on this one.)
Old 02-06-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Saturday: I must be ramping up of a big day of snacking during the game, 'cuz each day the weekend has been a little worse than the last
OK for this week (much like the last):

1.) Crossfit workout 2X, 1 down, shoulder presses, pull ups and squats today, and lots of 'em, 2 down deadlifts and more pullups, my my I can barely lift my arms above my head

2.) Yoga 2X: 1 down, 2 down (glad I went, but it was pretty hard given how tired my body is)

3.) 6+ mile run - at least 1 Heading out Sunday AM
4.) Keep calories between 1200 and 1400, 1067, 1291, 1526 a bit over, but worth the time with hubs at our favor local bistro, 1271, 1670 (oops those peanut butter and cracker snacks really add up ), 1941

5.) No beer or wine with dinner (or before dinner...PAM)yes, yes, nope... wine with dinner, 2 beers, wish I could blame in all on DH, but of course he isn't exactly forcing me... just leading me into temptation, date night #1 a little wine with a candle-lit dinner, SAT:no comment

6.) Protein @ 90g, 82g, 91g, 95g, 91, 91g. hmmm, I seem to be getting the hang of this, 68g (OK, maybe not completely getting the hang of it!)
7.) Carbs @ 40%, 41%, 31%, 38%, 31%, 32%, this seems a little low for the week, but I am having trouble hitting that magic spot , 38%

Work, Home and Life:

8.) Negotiate return of medicine cabinet that was not what I ordered: will see the folks at special orders Tues, DONE the manufacturer is going to send the new door directly to my house so I don't even have to go pick it up!

9.) Finish interview project for the Forest Service, On the way, mmmm. not much progress today, again not much progress, almost there

10.) Be kind to the hubby when he prattles on about work politics: yes, yes, yes,yes, yes,

11.) Find 2 new recipes that fit into the current diet (my turn to cook this week): found an old tried and true turkey stroganoff, tried a new chicken in the crockpot - very good and lots of leftovers for lunch, no cookin' tonight; no, DH took control, lovely seared scallops with a citrusy sauce

12.) Start a new creative project (obviously not feeling very creative at the moment as I can't even identify which catagory of project. But I need to plan something... idle hands are the devil's workshop ), hmmm... nothing yet, nope still go nothing., started planning gardens (probably a little early even for SoCal but have a lot going on with designing experiments so that may be as creative as I get until the weekend.) Still nothing, I'm guessing this isn't going to happen this week - but not develish things happened this week, so I guess I managed to keep busy enough

Today is a long run on trails I love. Food-wise I will try to keep it somewhat under control, but I not going to freak out if I go a little overboard. Hey, it's Superbowl Sunday, we're having friends over, and all-in-all life is good!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, yesterday was a logistical nightmare, spent an hour and a half away from home in a podunk little town at a tennis tourney with my son. Options for eating: Sonic, Dairy Queen, Checkers, and pizza, plus donuts in the tennis center staring me down. It was a long day (10-8:30) with a hefty bit of down time. The snacks I packed were healthy but carby and high calorie (bars, fruit, nuts, raisins, trail mix), so they added up. I had a piece of pizza and a salad around 3:30 and I guess that constitued my main meal of the day. And we get to do it all over again today! I'm packing sandwiches this time, though, now that we know the lay of the land.
I hear you on kids sporting events, only for us it's swimming. Locally speaking a couple of moms and I have taken hold of the concession offerings and maybe 50-60% of the swim meet stuff is "nutritious" and some of it crosses over into "healthy". However, swim meet concession stands at other schools tend to be loaded with junk. We always take sandwiches and snacks for the kids. Not only does it keep that junk out of my kids, it's a ton cheaper. It doesn't keep our kids from begging for stuff though...

One of the funniest things is that because I pack a feed bag for us and so do a couple of other moms, it's getting to be the thing with our swim club moms. Yesterday one lady was complaining about having to bring a ton of stuff for the concession stand and then watching our team pull out their cooler bags. So I made a comment that the swimmers are always hungry and would be a great market to cater to, but that swimmers get really bad stomach aches from junk food so if the food was healthier it might help their fund raising efforts. I even gave her a list of things my kids devour at the swim meets, oranges, protein bars, carrots, bananas, almonds, those stupid squeeze yogurts etc. Meanwhile her son was sitting on the bench next to her, moaning and groaning with a belly ache. I don't know if he was sick because of something that he ate, but I wouldn't be surprised, there wasn't a single thing on their concession stand worth eating.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
[COLOR="Indigo"]
9.) Finish interview project for the Forest Service, On the way, mmmm. not much progress today, again not much progress, almost there

Today is a long run on trails I love. Food-wise I will try to keep it somewhat under control, but I not going to freak out if I go a little overboard. Hey, it's Superbowl Sunday, we're having friends over, and all-in-all life is good!
I'm imagining you running on beautiful forest-trails; I'm so jealous! We have nothing but flat strip malls around us for entire states! Which forest service do you work for?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
That is a funny quote. This is not a stomach flu; it's a fever headache kill me kind of thing. But I can even eat with a stomach flu. I'm the only one who gains weight being sick!!! All those crackers! All that toast!!!

I think the lowish carb thing is causing me to shed a few pounds. Even though it is technically probably not possible, I would gain 7 pounds from a day like Mike's. (I may be exaggerating on this one.)
Now I'm making up my own funny quote about me: "The only time I'm not tempted to snack is when I'm lying in bed b/c I'm too lazy to get up!" I honestly just got in bed to use the laptop to keep me out of the kitchen. I graze so much that I honestly think staying in bed all day in addition to a few workouts would make me lose a lot of weight! Tee hee.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, yesterday was a logistical nightmare, spent an hour and a half away from home in a podunk little town at a tennis tourney with my son. Options for eating: Sonic, Dairy Queen, Checkers, and pizza, plus donuts in the tennis center staring me down.
As much as I love a good Sonic Blast, DQ has the Blizzard and you should know Blizzard > Blast so the choice in the future should be DQ. I almost sound like a bad influence.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Forest Service

Hi Ruby,
I work for the Research division of the Forest Service in California. I'm stationed in Southern California. Much of this part of CA is covered in strip malls and subdivisions too, but there are a surprising number of wilderness parks and pockets of private undeveloped land available for walking, running, biking etc.

But you'll need to shift your vision a bit. Most of my area is shrublands and edge of the desert. The trees are few and far between (but precious in the middle of the summer). I do get to run in the forests, though. The San Bernardino Nat'l Forest is about an hour from here, and we have a 2nd home in the eastern Sierras on the edge of the Inyo Nat'l Forest.

Both environments have their own beauty and I am lucky in that I can take advantage of both on a seasonal basis.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

Forgive my absence for the last 36 hours, I just got home from work an hour ago. I had a massive deadline and have been at work all weekend. I am so tired! But happy that my boss loved loved loved what I did. I am taking tomorrow and Tuesday off. First on the list of things to do.... get some sleep!

I had a really good week, food-wise and exercise-wise but a few other goals slipped through the cracks of my 70-hour work week.

For my health and well being I will:
1. Work out every morning. YES / NO / OH YEAH! / DONE! / YES / YES / YES
2. Eat between 1300-1550 calories per day. YES (1399) / YES (1354) / YES (1450) / YES SIR (1386) / YES (1526) / YES (1475) / YES (1256)
3. No more than 40% carbs. YES 36% / YES 28% / YES 29% / NOT EVEN CLOSE! 27% / YES 37% / CLOSE 42% / YES 27%
4. Drink 10 large glasses of water per day. YES / YES / DONE! / EVEN MORE THAN 10 TODAY! / YES / YES / YES
5. Try Bikram yoga on Saturday. No because of stupid work!
6. Stay off the scale until next Tuesday!!!! Stayed off this morning! / YES! / No but I had to record my halfway point in my 30 Day Shred experiment / YES / YES / YES!!!

For my mental and spiritual well being I will:
1. Work on my proposal. Not today / Not yet / TOO TIRED / TOO MUCH WORK! / Not this week
2. Read before going to sleep. No, I fell asleep! / NO TOO TIRED ALL WEEK!
3. Put up my solar blinds in the kitchen. Not yet
4. Be positive. YES! / NO / YES / PRETTY MUCH
5. Knit. YES / NO / just a little / NO

Hope you all had an amazing week. Thanks to all the members on this thread. I just got through reading it and everyone one of you here, is a really amazingly supportive and wonderful person! I feel really lucky to be a part of this. Sending you all warm thoughts....

Sweet dreams!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

My final #'s for the week

Do's
1) walk 15 miles 0,0,0, same old song a dance 2mi, 10.87mi, 2.4mi = 15.27miles
2) floss 7 times 1,1,0,1,0,1,1Only 5 times
3) drink 1 gallon of water a day yes 135.2oz, yes 152oz, yes 135.2oz, yep 169oz, yes 132oz no 101ozyes 135.2oz YES & NO, I missed 1 day but averaged 137.08 oz per day.
4) 1800 cals deficient for the week -492, -75, -237, -142, -283,+1464, -928 Nope, I blew it yesterday -693 for the week
5) play tennis for 1 hr. no, nope, no, I can see clearly now the rain is gone, oh wait.... nope, it's still raining!, no, no, no Nope
6) workout 3 times. no,yes,no,yes,no, no,yes Yep, 3 times

don'ts I messed them both up
1) no cereal for the week none, nope, zero FAIL! I just had to hear the snap, crackle & pop, none, no, none
2) no butterfingers none, not even a sniff, still holding back , still none... Bart Simpson could learn a thing or 2 from me., none,I caved in,none

non health related:
1) finish taxes to see who much I'll owe Uncle Sam no, no, no,yep
2) ship a King Cake to Cali. no, no, nope, no, no (will not happen this week), no, no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-06-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM
FitDay Member

Physical health:
1) Go back on fibromyalgia (lowish carb, no sugar) diet, Y, Y for the most part, Yes, Yes
2) 8 glasses of H2O, ?, 7, no, ?
3) watch sodium, ish, no, no, yes
4) gentle stretching daily, N, Y ouch, no, yes
Other:
5) meditate, make time, N, Y, No, No
6) write, minimum, finally some serious writing, just journal, No
7) be compassionate to DD,DH and myself, Y, Y, Yes, no they got me sick, I was very grouchy.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.