Notices

Need Help to Lose 100+

Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Need Help to Lose 100+

Hi Everyone!
I am new to this site, it was reconmemded by some of my (skinny) friends for me to try it out. So far, I am loving all the tools to help me out.

Anywho, I am a 30 year old mother of 1 who has been putting off losing my 'baby' weight for over 9 years. I have gotten so tired of being tired .
Would welcome any and all support, advice, and new friends to help me with my journey this year. I am have set my main goal, but have decided to set serveral mini goals as well, to help motivate me (i hope)

Current wt -01/18/2011 - 245lbs
Mini Goal wt - lose 10% (220lbs)
Main Goal wt - 120lbs
Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard Kimmers80!!! You weight almost exactly what I did last year at this time, (only I'm older and had baby fat left from 3 kids ), if I can do this you can too!!! It looks like we have the same end goal too, so I'm guessing you're vertically challenged as well...

Check out the 100 pound threads, there are 2, one in the "Women's Only Corner" and another that is unisex. It's a great thread to read just for inspiration, but it's also a good place to go for advice, a pick-me-up, a kick to the fanny and they are particularly good at cheering.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Kimmers80
Hi Everyone!
I am new to this site, it was reconmemded by some of my (skinny) friends for me to try it out. So far, I am loving all the tools to help me out.

Anywho, I am a 30 year old mother of 1 who has been putting off losing my 'baby' weight for over 9 years. I have gotten so tired of being tired .
Would welcome any and all support, advice, and new friends to help me with my journey this year. I am have set my main goal, but have decided to set serveral mini goals as well, to help motivate me (i hope)

Current wt -01/18/2011 - 245lbs
Mini Goal wt - lose 10% (220lbs)
Main Goal wt - 120lbs
Welcome Kimmers80. I just recently started on this site. There are lots of tools and people to support you. You are on a good path by taking a commitment to journal your food and activity and by setting mini goals. I note others that already suggested the 100+ thread. There is also a day motivational thread that may be of interest. Members set mini goals for a minimum of days to try to gradually change their behaviours to healthy behaviours.

Let us know how its going and don't be shy.

Wishing you gourage and success in finding a healthier you.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I'm pretty new to using this consistently. I've put on 40 lbs since enlisting in the Army, and the total from lowest Army weight to current all-time high is 55 lbs. I've been wrestling with not just the weight gain, but fatigue from being put through work out routines that random other people decided I needed. People with no background in health and nutrition, just Army PT. I ended up anemic and losing no weight as a result. Now that I'm doing things on my own schedule I hope to have good results. I'd be down for giving you any needed pep talks. I have found that thinking in terms of 15 or 20 lbs makes reaching that goal harder for me, so I have to set 5 lb goals. It all subtracts eventually! Good luck to you!