Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card:

For a health & body:

1. Keep calories 1,500 or less. YES 1,466, NO 1,983
2. Drink 96 oz of water YES, YES
3. Pie at 40/40/20. 45/38/17, 45/24/30 pizza for dinner
4. Get in 6 hours of exercise. 90 min, 60 min (total 2:30)
5. Get elliptical machine up put back together. OH YEAH BABY!!!
6. No more than 2 servings of grain based carbs per day. YES 1.5, NO 3
7. Maintain calorie deficit of 500 minimum. YES -1,099 NO -303

For peace of mind and spirit:

8. Take a load into Goodwill, maybe 2? NO, YES!!!
9. Gather up coats/hats/mittens for Boy Scout coat project. Some, NO
10. Gather up non-perishables for Boy Scout food drive. NO, NO
11. Make at least 2 pieces for DD's Bloomer dress costume. NO, NO
12. Average 6 things from the to-do "list" per day. NO 2, Nada. Can you say 2 hour weather delay?

On Tuesday I'm supposed to be down to 1 kiddo from 8:00am-3:25pm, but we for some stupid reason had a 2 hour weather delay. Believe me when say this, at 8:00am we didn't have any "weather" to be concerned about, the roads were completely dry. At 10:00 when I took the kids to school we had freezing rain, now that was nice to drive in. Ruined the plans I had for the day on so many levels. Oh well, spent a nice morning with the kiddos.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Diet/exercise:
1)1550 cals or below: 1422, 1655 (see exercise)
2) cut down on dairy: a little pesto (made with sheeps milk which I can tolerate), the rest soy cheese, I NEEDED THE CHEESE!!!
3) 8 glasses H2O min (track them): 72 oz, 72 oz.
4) exercise/stretch, even at home, 3x a week: gym, at home and in the gym
5) 5 fruits and veggies daily: yes, 4
6) cook 3-4 good dinners this week: yes, GREAT DINNER
7) avoid tomatoes (allergy): yes, resisted the chicken parm I made and ate, chicken/veggie burger with banana ketchup instead, yup

What my friend Stevie calls "Life Maintenance" stuff:
1) get back to serious writing (you know you want to): wrote but not seriously, only morning pages (journal)
2) meditate (you know you need to): yes, NO
3) clothes in car to Goodwill, stop driving them around: clothes are still passengers in my trunk, NO clothing still my hostages
4) call friends and family: No, YES
5) call doctor re tapering Lyrica: No, [COLOR="blue"]YES6) keep positive as much as humanly possible: Eh but may I say you all look lovely... whaddaya want I'm trying, NO and what are you looking at? (oops! Sorry! New day)

Last edited by canary52; 01-26-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week:

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. close, close
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. yes, yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes, yes
4. Get out walking, weather permitting. (It's been below zero.) too cold, too cold
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed a few holiday pounds. no, sort of

Congratulations to all who are doing so well! I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining either. Seems like I've hit a sort of plateau now in maintenance. Will try to hit weight-loss harder next week.

quinn
Old 01-26-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday check-in:

1. Limit calories to 1500 per dayNoyes
2. 72 ounces of water or more per dayYES!yes
3. 5 or more fruits/veggies per dayYesyes
4. Exercise 4 days/45 minutes eachNoyes
5. Multivitamin dailyYesyes
6. Weigh Friday, and show the same or a slight loss We'll see...

6. Pray for a job interview for the job I applied for Got a call for an interview!!!
7. Continue to do my best work at my current job, even though it's less than ideal.yes.

Overate at lunch time, b ut was able to make up for itby having a light supper. Good thing V8 juice exists - I use it to make sure I get my veggies in.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

CONGRATS on the interview, nottango...knock 'em dead! And great job on the rest of the day yesterday also ,

I need to petition a change of Big Fat Nagging Task. We got a call that the developmental disability agency truck is coming through the neighborhood for collections Monday. It's a cause I like to support so I'm putting the financial summit off a weekend and going to pack up boxes for that. This means even getting into the crawl space and going through all the old baby clothes (yes, my child is 14). Between that and dressers and closets, it's time for another round, and I haven't done it since spring.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default ONLY soso but KAIZEN!

Okay - I'm on low-carb so here goes:
For Tuesday

Keep net carbs below 20 YES I DID
35 situps on fitness ball every AM Yep
Stretch for 5-10 minutes every day soso - maybe 3
10-30 minutes on bike every day 10 minutes
large salads/more vegetables every day Yes! BokChoy & spinach

For my internal peace of mind and continued balance:

Knit for a little while every evening. no
Do a little bit of exercise AFTER dinner instead of just in the A.M. no :-(
Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Yes
Continue to lay out all clothes at night. didn't last night
Do all dishes before going to bed dh did
When stressed - breathe!!! YES! THIS IS WORKING LIKE A CHARM...BREATHING EXERCISES ROCK!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Quinn, may I share your plateau?

Me too: not losing, but not gaining.

Usually it is all about the exercise for me, no matter what the calorie intake is. (I know Cal in minus Cal out = wt loss, but I think all us know that sometimes it is a little more complicated that that). With the holidays and all I've been active, for sure, but not as consistently as it seems to require to drop the pounds.

I am a pretty confident once I get back to a consistent and aggressive exercise program I'll see some progress. But for now I'm still tickled that I have maintained the 35 lbs lost from last year. (Last week was the 1 year ann. of my start)

Nottango - I'm sending out big hopes and prayers for your success with the interview! Knock 'em, kiddo!

Pam

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 01-26-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: When will I learn to spell!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Mike, you have my respect for #9 - give blood
thank you. Now I've trying to schedule it on a day that I don't work out, probably tomorrow.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-26-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
9) save a life... give blood
Say, does anybody know how much a pint of blood weighs? And yes I do feel that desperate to lose a pound of flesh, or blood, whatever it takes!!! Unfortunately I'm not one of those people that just loses weight by exercising, if that were the case I would be skinny as a stick, because I'm at it 6-7 days/week and I really push it these days. In order to lose weight I have to workout like crazy and go hungry. Maybe it's because I'm so blasted short, and come from ancestors that survived a potato famine? Yes, that's it I'm famine resistant!!! Maybe we aught to have an excuse thread?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Say, does anybody know how much a pint of blood weighs? And yes I do feel that desperate to lose a pound of flesh, or blood, whatever it takes!!! Unfortunately I'm not one of those people that just loses weight by exercising, if that were the case I would be skinny as a stick, because I'm at it 6-7 days/week and I really push it these days. In order to lose weight I have to workout like crazy and go hungry. Maybe it's because I'm so blasted short, and come from ancestors that survived a potato famine? Yes, that's it I'm famine resistant!!! Maybe we aught to have an excuse thread?
Answers.com - How much does one pint of blood weigh

just over a pound.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.