FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Anyone having problems with weightloss for hormonal reasons? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3110-anyone-having-problems-weightloss-hormonal-reasons.html)

Crimpet 01-22-2011 07:21 AM

Anyone having problems with weightloss for hormonal reasons?

I know it can't be just me...

I'm only 30, but I've been suffering from 'estrogen excess' for ages without realizing it. Until rescently I blaimed every problem I had on stress, but never thought it could be anything else. I found out I have estrogen excess, and so I've had difficulty with all sorts of things, even weight loss. Has anyone else had this problem?

I would barely lose any weight when I really worked myself to the max, and cut my calories to the max, yet the second I ate my normal caloric intake or slacked on exercising the weight came right back, and usually within a week. I've never had such a hard time losing weight until about 2 years ago when it became practically impossible.

I started progesterone cream last week, and already I've felt relief with 90 percent of my symptoms. I'm hoping in due time I can lose weight again as normal too...

Anyone else experience trouble with weightloss or weight gain due to hormonal imbalances? Please let me know what you experienced, and how you managed to lose weight...I'm becomming horribly hopeless about losing any weight and keeping it off..I've exhausted myself in my efforts with no benefits...

rainbow24 01-22-2011 08:31 AM

I have excess testosterone which my doctor connects to PCOS, which connects to insulin resistance, which keeps me overweight.

I don't fully believe him.

Crimpet 01-22-2011 09:50 AM

See, I have problems with my İnsulin and glucose levels as well. Always produced too much Insulin causing hypoglocemia...but oddly I have weight problems because of the sweets I crave when I'm not on proper diet.

I read from, and heard on occasion that consuming cinnimon on a daily basis (a teaspoon a day) helps fight Insulin resistance. I started doing it myself by adding the cinnimon to mollasses. Tastes nice.

Did your doc give you any ideas on how to help with your weight loss?

rainbow24 01-22-2011 09:59 AM

Crimpet, if you are asking me, my GP tried to put me on a weight loss product that has since been banned in Canada. I am so glad I refused.

My naturopath wants me on a Zone type diet that is gluten and dairy free. Unfortunately, I can't have a lot of the gluten free foods. The flours I buy for my granddaughter, are not safe for me.

I was losing lots of weight on the Zone, but it got too hard to keep up with the cooking schedule around here. Too many people in my house with different dietary needs.

Now I am down to 4 people in the house and if I have to I can cook 4 different meals or make small changes that no one notices.