Notices

looking for friends

Old 01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default looking for friends

hi i am jane,a mum to 4 children, 36 from England looking to make a few good friends along my weight loss journey, started yesterday and i am so pleased i have found this site its nice to read how you are all doing and get some tips too. today i have been for a long walk twice up a hill in the rain and loved every minute lol.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard mummy, and much luck on your journey. I find weight loss and healthy living to be a lot like raising children, you have get up every morning and work at it all day long, even when you aren't really in the mood.

DH and I have 3 kids, all girls , how we deserved that is anybody's guess, I blame him. We've been to the UK a couple of times, loved the pub scene, afternoon cream tea and all those glorious giant fossils at Lyme Regis. I've tried very hard to institute "tea time" here in the States, but on average our teas just don't taste as good as yours so it's hard to get anyone addicted to it.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-13-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome mummy! I have 2 kids, one of each and I'm also 36. I work 30 hours a week, and my husband's on nights, so most of my social life happens online. I love the internet and I could always use new friends.

Almeeker, Tazo and Stash are both pretty good tea brands. Lipton and Celestal Seasonings suck. My mom bought some Earl Gray back from Dublin when she went to Ireland 2 years ago. Best tea I've ever had.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

hello to you both, well i survived my daughters 10th birthday party at the weekend and wasn't even tempted by all the yummy food.... much i was good though, hope it shows on the scales tomorrow its my first weigh in.
Hows your weekend been?