Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm struggling

I have been jumping on and off the scales for days now and nothing is happening. I'm 1 lb heavier than 2 weeks ago and it's so depressing. I have not been very bad except for my mad chocolate blip on Sunday, in fact I'm averaging just under 1000 per day but it doesn't seem to be working. I have to go to a leaving lunch today so I am not having breakfast and hopefully won't want any dinner later but this is not a good way to eat. The only thing that is keeping me from really going off the rails is this site, it reminds me that lots of other people struggle too, and trip up and even fall but most get back up and push on. I also know that this is usually around the time when I would start to slide because I don't see any success for a few weeks but with all of your help I'm going to stick it out and I may not be able to report a loss tomorrow when I weigh in but I will report something even if it's only to say that I threw my scales out of the window in despair. Have a good day/ evening everyone.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie,

Hang in there! Maybe you are at one of those dreaded weight loss plateaus. Keep plugging away. The weight loss will resume!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for that, the scales settled on 161.5 today, same as two weeks ago. Good day food wise and I am hopeful I can break out of this dip, but I don't see me making my Easter goal, too many outings between now and then. However I will give it my best shot. On a more positive note, I had two compliments yesterday about my weight loss so far, people are starting to notice and that feels good.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Well being the same as 2 weeks ago is still better than going up. I would say if you can continue to at least maintain knowing that you have outings planned would be something to be proud of. You can really get down to business after Easter and work on even more weight loss.

Compliments on your progress so far are awesome!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you, I went out to movies and dinner with my son last night and I am so pleased with myself. We went to a steak/ burger house and I chose grilled chicken breast with some salsa and jalapeños, a little taste of creme fraiche and guacamole, with salad no other sides. Had my glass of wine though, and a couple of his wine gums in the movie house but overall the whole day came in under 900. Today I'm out with my slim friend(the one who loves her food and drink) but I am determined to be sensible and chose well and stay away from those sides that she orders and offers to me to help her finish, no way.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hey girlfriend sorry I haven't been here to cheer you on this week but I left my damn computer at home when I headed off to the hotel for work this week. I see you are struggling a little and I totally get it, but you have to remember you haven't gained. If you were to totally sabotage what you have been doing where would the scale have been, and how much would you have to lose to get back to where you are. I see good things for you in the next couple of weeks. You are going to be strong and the scale is going to surprise you with a 159, that is a great number and its a really motivational number, I couldn't remember the last time I was in the 150's, so for me its like I have to be so careful as I don't want it to ever go back into the 160's I know its only a number but it just feels different to say I am in the 150's You will get there I have every confidence in you.

Yesterday I spoke to my mother for an hour on the phone, this is the first time since she got back from down south, and she confessed to me that her weight was at an all time high of 165, I really wanted to gloat as I blame her for most of my self concious weight issues, but I refrained and told her I was trying to lose now too, I just didn't tell her how much I had already lost. I can't wait to see her face when I see her for the first time.

I hope you are having a great weekend
Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

It's funny how much influence our mums can have on us even when we are grown. My mother is a wonderful lady but she has a way of saying things that can cut you to the core, I don't she means to be hurtful, but let me tell you a story.... I took her shopping with me when I was looking for an outfit for an important event, I know I was heavy and a lot of things didn't suit but everything (according to mum) made me stumpy, too hippy, too busty, etc and then I heard her say to the assistant while I was only a curtain away " you wouldn't believe that she has a very active job, when you see how big she is", I swallowed it down but when I stepped out in a lovely trouser suit the assistant handed me a hat to try and mum said " oh no, that's too big for you, after all you have such a small head for the size of your body". Well I flipped and said thank you to the girl for helping but it was obvious I was some kind of circus freak and nothing was going to suit. And Mum just said" you're tired, we'll have a coffee and then get back to shopping". Sorry for the essay. Anyway it's been a lovely day, worked in the garden and when I sat down to relax I had a glass of water and not my customary glass of wine, wasn't I good?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

I have been very good since last Saturday but there has been no movement on the scales. Last night we had some crisps and dips for a meeting but I managed to avoid those nasty little temptations and it felt good but tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm not holding out much hope for any loss this week. So here I sit with my pussy cat on my knee and I am craving something chocolatey, it doesn't help that I know there are an Easter egg and a chocolate bunny in my fridge just a few steps away. I won the egg and the bunny was a present and my intention is to keep them there until my partner comes home for the Easter break but ....listen...can't you hear them calling? So I am off to the kitchen but I won't be opening the fridge, a cup of black decaf is all I'm having. The scales may not drop tomorrow but it won't be because I gave in.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

Woo Hoo 159 !! Below the 160s...just. Sooo glad I did not succumb to the chocolate craving last night, I had a plum to get the sweet taste and that was ok, any suggestions for a safe sweet fix? It has to be low in calories, chocalatey but not moreish, just something to stop the cravings but not so good that you want more, guess if we could find that we'd market it and get rich lol. So I have moved down a little, when I started this journey I was aiming for 1 lb per week loss, then I had a few good weeks and started to expect more so now I'm going to settle for that 1 lb again and if it's more then that's a big bonus, impatience can be deadly to my motivation and focus. Have a great day/evening everyone. :-)
Old 04-17-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Had a night in with the girls on Friday, enjoyed seeing everyone again as we haven't met up for months. My favourite friend noticed my weight loss and said I looked great, although I had worn a loose outfit out of habit, she also said that I should rethink my wardrobe and start allowing my shape to show. So I went shopping yesterday and came home with two outfits which, while not exactly figure hugging, are a little less tent like and baggy than my usual style. I even tried them on in the shop and faced up to the dreaded mirror, progress!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.