Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 01-13-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Post Daily dose of Lizzie

I made a commitment to myself to post often, to bare my highs and lows, in the hope that it will keep me focused. Apparently today is the day that all of us who started our diets as new year resolutions falter so I'm determined to make this a good day.

Lows - usual long drive to and from work in rain - makes me want to reach for a sugary snack as soon as I get home, or a glass of wine. (didn't)

Highs - managed to get up off my rear and do 30 mins of treadmill walking at lunchtime. Also took a wholesome lunch in with me. Now I'm off to make dinner, it's filled wholewheat pasta with a tomato sauce and I have more than enough calories left to enjoy it with.

I make myself eat something for breakfast and I prefer a small lunch, but love my evening meal, I know that this is not the best pattern but there must be many of you who are the same, can this work or are we expected to change our habits drastically?

Thanks for listening
Old 01-13-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

For me what's worked has bee to change my habits drastically, one little tiny step at a time. I don't think you have to give up your evening meal.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Heya, I can tell you that my hunger works like yours, and I've lost/am losing weight. I try to eat lunch every day (it's a bit of a battle, as I'm rarely hungry then), but I get the biggest chunk of my calories from dinner. If that bothers you, then by all means try something else, but I've chosen to work with my appetite/hunger, as opposed to against it. Hope you find something that makes you happy and healthy.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

If it's something you can change and sustain, do so; if not, forcing yourself into it is a setup to come crashing down. Basically, there are some things I compromise on and some things I don't. One of those is a good evening meal. It's family time, it's reminiscent of how I grew up, and I am a terrible night snacker, so if I have a good meal, the rest of my evening goes much better

Congrats on the good choices you made today!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice. I've tried the breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper but eating lots at breakfast makes me feel Ill and lethargic. I want a system I can live with forever so it's good to know others have lost weight without restructuring how you divide up your meals.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Everyone is different, Lizzie. I am a lunch girl; I love a variety of foods for lunch. I also HAVE to eat something late afternoon; it's not even a choice. Mornings and evenings are easier to eat less. But that's FOR ME. I sincerely believe that everyone is different and each person needs to eat to suit themselves.

I also like dinner; if I eat a decent balanced dinner (and not too late) I often don't have to eat afterwards.

Good luck with finding your "way" and sticking to it.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

I have a weird eating habit particularly on work days, i do eat a breakfast usually oatmeal (now wit protein powder) 7am but don't get to eat again until after 4pm so its a long day without food. It can sometimes sabotage my efforts because I get so hungry I binge when I get in or start snacking as I'm making dinner. I'm trying to curtail this by having healthy soups at the ready to drink on my way home from work so that I'm ready to go straight into a workout when I get in. then I have a sensible appetite for dinner at 7/8pm

Its all about adapting to your own individual needs rather than trying to adapt to a one size fits all.

best of luck
Old 01-13-2011, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

I like to wait awhile after getting home from work to wind down a bit before eating but that can be the danger time as I said when easy food looks good. At the moment I only allow myself 30 mins and during this time I watch a programme that I've recorded to keep my mind occupied. I know I should be exercising and this would be a good time but I am still struggling with the motivation to exercise, it will come - I have to find it as I know it really helps me lose the pounds and will improve my health overall.
here goes another day, my mantra today is - don't let the Friday afterwork get together sabotage my week. X
Old 01-14-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default munchies...

I try to keep healthy, easy to store snack around my office so I can grab something quick. I need to eat an afternoon snack or I end up eating way too much when I get home. What works well for me are nuts. I can either buy individual bags in the grocery store or pack some in baggies at home. I find if the snack is a little fatty, it helps the best. Beware, unless packed in individual serving sizes it is very easy to eat way too many of them.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I went mad for cherries this year, they were great for snacking on and I even bought a stoner so that slowed me down and stopped me for scoffing too many, but they are not in the shops now. I tried dried apricots but they played havoc with my digestion. Sometimes I feel I can cope better if I don't eat between meals as long as I plan ahead and know what I'm having. Otherwise I roam the kitchen nibbling on this and that while I decide, disaster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.