Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie you are not pathetic, the biggest difference between you and me is you have a life outside of work and family. I am sure if I was going out more with friends I would probably find it much harder to stay on track with my eating. Between my job and horrible work hours, and being a taxi to my two boys I have no life. My best friend and I have been trying to get together for a coffee since Christmas, she has the same life style as me, except she is the wife of a farmer so all work during the day and usually starting at 5 am and finishing at 5 pm, and she has more children to run around than I do.
Have a great week and I will catch up when I can.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Good food day and off to my dance class, I like the feeling I get when I am doing well, so why can't I use that feeling to help me stay away from the bad choices? I am only 2 days away from my mini goal but I'm 2.5 lbs off and I can't see me making it but hey if I get to within a couple of lbs I'm still going to be pleased with my progress. I'm sorting my clothes into groups, those that are getting a little big on me, those that fit ok at present and the ones I've bought with the intention of getting into them eventually and boy are there a few of those. Is it stupidity or blind optimism that keeps us buying clothes that are too small with the hope that one day....... Of course that day might now come, but the clothes will probably be way out of date by then!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie it says in your signature your mini goal is for the 28th, thats not for a week, you can certainly get to that weight by then. How did you come up with your mini goal is in 2 days?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Mirror, mirror

Hi Dee, yes I am an idiot, I meant to put 24th. Yesterday I had a couple of hours free between meetings so decided to have a look for a new top, I chose a couple and went into the changing rooms. Now at home I don't really do mirrors much but there they had those all round ones and it was awful. I just stood there depressed, I knew that my own clothes were looser and that the scales have gone down but I suppose I wanted to see a different me in that flippin mirror. It made me wonder if I was deluding myself that I could ever look slim, and as I passed the starbucks I was sooooo tempted but I practically ran to my car and escaped. The rest of the day was a fight between depression and the logical side of me, thankfully I was working late so no opportunity to cheat and too tired when I got home. So here I am this morning and I thought that I'd pop on the scales to try to restore some belief that I am doing the right things ( dangerous i know when i'm feeling so low) and OMG It says 62.5, tomorrow is my official day so if it stays the same I will only be 1/2 lb off my mini goal. Now I feel a bit better.
A question - why is it that when I look in a mirror that makes me look awful, I believe that must be the true image, but if I look in one that makes me look good I think that they must have doctored it to fool people?:
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie have I got a story for you. A number of years ago I was looking for a new outfit for my husbands company Christmas party, I tried on a number of things and nothing fit, my daughter was with me and I kept sending her back for another outfit, convinced the clothes were sized incorrectly. "Bring me everything in a size 14 I screamed at the sales clerk" The only thing in the whole store that fit me was a purple pant suit in a size 18, I looked like a giant grape as I huddled on the floor crying. The sales clerk was in a panic, my daughter couldn't console me. It was that day I decided to join Weight Watchers, I went to the party in the pant suit, and the following year I showed up in a red velvet mini dress in a size 8 and 6 inch heels, no one recognized me.
So my theory is they set the lights in the cubicles to purposely make us look as horrible as possible so we will lose weight and spend more money in thier stores, as we all know there are a lot more outfits in a size 8 than there are in an 18.

You are so close to your mini goal, good luck and let me know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

I've not only reached my mini goal, I've gone below it by 1/2 lb!! I am feeling good and just a bit amazed that it worked. On my way into work I was thinking that I could really reach a healthy weight this time and that started me off on the "why did I leave it so late in life to get a grip". So to all you young people out there struggling with trying to lose weight, don't give up, get that weight off and enjoy your life. Don't get me wrong, my weight didn't truly hold me back from a lot of things but it did stop some of the enjoyment, such as not getting up on the beach to play ball with my friends, not being able to see nice clothes and know that they will have my size, not being as confident as others. Oh and then I might not have been mistaken for my best friend's mother even though there are only 9 years between us. However, better late than never and it's never too late to take pride in yourself, my sister told me yesterday
that her husband's aunt has been invited to a very posh party to celebrate
another lady's 100th birthday and she has spent the past 2 weeks searching for
just the right outfit as she knows there will be lots of photos being taken and
she want's to look her best......she is 99.

Last edited by Lizards13; 03-24-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:02 PM
FitDay Member

Have arrived for my weekend away and am trying to be very good during the day so I can relax a little in the evenings. Going out for a walk now as the sun is shining and we don't want to waste the chance to get some fresh air and exercise. Have a great weekend everyone x
Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie congrats on reaching your mini goal, I am so happy for you. I knew you could do it, you just had to believe in yourself. As for waiting til this time in your life, there is no time like the present and no sense in thinking about what could have been. Just remember at the end of this journey you are going to be one sexy lady. I envy you being able to get out for a walk, we have had so much snow here lately and its coming down yet again, sometimes it feels as though spring is never going to come.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie,

I saw your thread before but never read it until today. You really are laying it all out there and I think that's not only great but really inspirational! My habits are just like yours in that I do pretty good during the week but struggle with the weekends and social events. I get so frustrated and down. Reading your posts I see I am normal and human. Seeing that you have still lost despite the slip ups is awesome! You have given me a bit of drive to try and change my lifestyle bit by bit and not beat myself up so much when I have a less than perfect day. I write this on a Friday knowing I have challenges ahead over the next couple of days. I read one of your posts where you said those reading must think you drink a lot. Well though my choice of beverage is different I too enjoy them in a social setting especially.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by anderson02
Hi Lizzie,

You have given me a bit of drive to try and change my lifestyle bit by bit and not beat myself up so much when I have a less than perfect day. I write this on a Friday knowing I have challenges ahead over the next couple of days.
Hi there and welcome, I'm writing this after a mammoth meal last night which I enjoyed but then on the drive home started to feel soooo guilty. However I am up and about this morning, it's another day and I realise that the next couple of days I can be very frugal if I try. More importantly I felt overfull for hours, so next time I'm going to cut one of the courses and the liqueur coffee! Life is about many things and not all of them are good for you but occasionally you just have to be bad, then pay your penance gladly and get right back to your plan. Have a good couple of days and check back in often

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.