FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Daily dose of Lizzie (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2989-daily-dose-lizzie.html)

Lizards13 10-19-2011 09:59 AM

This week has been good so far. I have got my 30mins in each day and have got back to logging all my foods now I just have to ride out the weekend, step away from the temptations and keep up my walking. Shouldn't be too hard you'd think but I know from bitter experience that I can go the entire week being angelic and come Friday evening when I get home from work......cue the evil laughter.....that little devil is waiting for me with a big slice of pizza in one hand and a glass of wine in the other.
As I already mentioned I am attending a charity dinner on Friday and I have no idea what the meal will be. I'm quite a fussy eater so on the one hand I kind of hope that it will be lots of things I don't eat, then I won't be bad. On the other hand if I don't eat I'll probably drink more and then I will be bad AND hungover.
I had a visitor at work today who brought cakes and sausage rolls and vol- au-vants , I gave in to a small cake but I had it instead of lunch and then went for my walk, but it gave me a bit of a sugar rush so at my mum's for tea I gave in again to a coconut meringue pastry. So 2nd sugar rush of the day has me craving something sweet all evening so I had 1 chocolate. Everything was logged and I came in just under my 1200 but those cals were made up of c**p and I feel bloated and piggy. Roll on tomorrow.

Lizards13 10-22-2011 01:23 AM

This is a sad day for me as my lovely cousin Helen who was only in her 40s lost her fight with cancer yesterday. This comes only a few months after another of my cousins passed away after a short illness, she too was only in her 40s. My heart goes out to their families as we lost a sister at age 34 and I know what effect this has on everyone, particularly the parents who feel that it is so wrong for their children to go before them. My Mum has 3 brothers and now they have all lost a child each, all within the past few years and each time it opens old wounds for her. Life is so precious we need to do everything we can to keep ourselves healthy not just for our own sakes but for our families. Sometimes we cannot change our fate but we can certainly make the most of every day that we have. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Lizards13 11-19-2011 08:58 AM

I have not had the heart nor the inclination or motivation over the past weeks to keep up with my diet or my journal. Add to this problems with my car and issues at work and I have been so lethargic and constantly eating rubbish that I just got lower and lower. I have not raised myself up out of this funk totally but today I pledged to start over and kick myself into action again. My son and DIL are coming home for Christmas and I really want to surprised them. So tomorrow is another day and a new goal to be set on Monday when I step on those scales and see the damage. I have sorted out the car ( got a new one, well almost new), the work problems are settling down and I've started in on the Xmas lists. I'm back and I want to stay on top of this, I owe it to myself and my family to get healthier and end the year in a much better state than I started it. Next year I hope to reach my final goal, I may have stumbled along this path but I'm still heading in the right direction.

quinnesec 11-21-2011 02:20 AM

So glad to hear from you, Lizzie! I was hoping that all was well. Don't worry about going astray... that's exactly what we are suppose to do. ;) Everyone needs a break. As they say, this is a marathon and not a sprint. If it were easy, everyone would be willow thin and glamorous, right?? Life happens. Don't give up. As someone who went through last year's holidays on maintenance, I can say that it is difficult! But, you know what? That's ok... You are worth every bit of effort and then so much more. ;)

The finish line is in sight for you... we're all here to help you across. So glad you're back!

quinn

Lizards13 01-02-2012 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 63020)
So glad to hear from you, Lizzie! I was hoping that all was well. Don't worry about going astray... that's exactly what we are suppose to do. ;) Everyone needs a break. As they say, this is a marathon and not a sprint. If it were easy, everyone would be willow thin and glamorous, right?? Life happens. Don't give up. As someone who went through last year's holidays on maintenance, I can say that it is difficult! But, you know what? That's ok... You are worth every bit of effort and then so much more. ;)

The finish line is in sight for you... we're all here to help you across. So glad you're back!

quinn

Well it seems like an age since I last logged on. Sometimes life just kicks us in the teeth and we need to retreat and regroup and that's what I have been doing. My Xmas holidays were eventful, both good and bad.....

Good. All my family were home at Christmas and we had a lovely time on the big day. My eldest son had not been home for the 25th for 12 years and his wife had never been to my house for the holidays so this was a special year. Lots of lovely presents and, more importantly, everyone seemed to like my gifts to them.

Bad..... My son then tripped and fell on boxing day, hit the edge of a wall with the back of his head and we ended up in ER for 4 hours where they put staples in. Thankfully he will only have a small scar and no lasting damage.
My partner had arrived from England and he looked awful, finally admitting that he had been pretty ill for a few weeks, he did not impove over the holidays and went home with the intention of seeing his doctor as soon as he could but ended up in hospital after his condition worsened. He was diagnosed as diabetic yesterday and I am waiting to hear which type.

On the weight front I have put on 4 lbs and am now back at 151 this morning.
My first mini goal is Valentines Day and I am setting myself a small goal of only 1lb per week.

So that is all my news and I hope to start afresh. I started last year at 174 lbs so my current weight is a big improvement, I feel better and look better but I still have a way to go, hope you'll stick with me again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY ALL YOUR SECRET DREAMS AND WISHES COME TRUE IN 2012

quinnesec 01-03-2012 02:41 AM

So glad to see you back, Lizzie and sorry for all of the mishaps over the holidays. I hope that you and your partner receive good news concerning his condition.

Your slip was a minor one; you did great, especially under great stress. I stuck around here and still gained 6 pounds. lol

Your goal is in sight... 2012 will be the year that you achieve it!

Lizards13 01-03-2012 10:02 AM

Thanks Quinn, it's good to be back. Today I went a little over my allowance but not by very much, guess it will take a couple of days to get really sorted . It's so cold and miserable here, gale force winds, driving rain, not very inspiring and there's still a little comfort food in the cupboards.

Lizards13 01-04-2012 12:59 AM

My second day back at work and it was a big struggle to get up this morning. Looking out my window it's a grey, wet and very windy day. I started the day with some cereal and milk, I don't like milk but feel I should occasionally try to get more calcium and so I splash a little into the bowl and then try to scoop out the cereal before it gets too soaked.
I made up a lunch with a small crusty roll and tomatoes and for afters, my favourite - cherries. I will be at my mum's for tea tonight and then home, I need to get more sleep tonight. My desire to be more active hasn't quite kicked in yet, I know, it's up to me to push myself but I hate the cold and don't really want to be out walking in the dark alone. Of course if you have read this thread before you will know that I have a treadmill in a little summerhouse in my garden and one at work as well so I really have no excuse other than laziness and SLOM ( Severe Lack of Motivation). I have also decided that I need to be more organised and plan my non working time better as I just lurch from one task to another as it takes my fancy, not always completing them. When I was younger with my two boys, all the work that went with bringing them up alone, studying, working and still trying to have a life, organisation was everything but as it's only me and the cat at home, I sort of meander through the evenings and weekends, not actually achieving a lot most of the time. So, it's time to get planning again and part of my plan will be to add in some exercise, maybe I'll make a little timetable out....too much?

Lizards13 01-05-2012 12:17 AM

The night did not end well, aggravation at work + miserable weather + the January blues= comfort eating. Have started well today and am in a more positive frame of mind. I have taken to or row off as I have a lot of loose ends to tie up after Christmas and feel that if I get these done I might be more ready to face the fight.
Have made out my little timetable, nothing too ambitious to start with, putting it on paper helps, now I have to stick with it. My partner is now out of hospital and on insulin until they have him stabilised, he has an appointment tomorrow with the diabetic clinic. He is being very stoic about this, I am probably more upset than he is.
I won't see him again until Valentine's Day and I want to surprise him with more weight
lost and a proper exercise regime as he loves to walk and cycle and I just haven't been able to keep up most times, although I did really well on our American hols.
Need to get back to work now, will report in later, have a great day all.

Lizards13 01-05-2012 05:14 AM

What a day, cold, wet and windy. Went out to bring my rubbish bin back into the garden, opened the gate and wallop a steel bar fell and hit me on the face. I now have a huge lump on my forehead, a very painful nose and a sore head. After everything that has been happening lately I just stood and cried, my poor cat was staring at me and actually looked quite distressed that I was so upset. I'm settled now, still in pain and about to pop a pill and then make dinner. Up to my accident I had been very good today, but now I really fancy a glass of wine, I'm going to log my dinner and see if there's room for a little one.