Community
Notices

Little by little, inch by inch

Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Little by little, inch by inch

My first week weigh in on this diet journey and I have lost approx 1 1/2 lbs. Now that may not seem like much but it showed my scales going down and that's a start. As they say "less is more" so being a little less heavy every week will mean more energy, hopefully more years on this earth and maybe even a little more confidence. But the problem is the next few weeks - each time I start I do well until I've lost about 6 or 7 lbs and then........ What happens? I'm not sure but I thought by putting it all down regularly for every one to see I might work out what goes wrong and get past it. I'm setting little monthly mini goals ( I only see my partner about once every 4-6 weeks so those are my goal dates). So all you creepers, who are slowly getting lighter, let's stick together.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with you. By report back every day, you will accountable for your diet, and think about what was wrong so we can fix it and stick with it.
Mai
Old 01-13-2011, 08:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you, I have started posting daily and it does help to make me stop and think before I pick up that snack or glass of wine. We all stumble sometimes, we just need encouragement to get back on that horse.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

Snap that! that is exactly my pattern I go great guns until i begin to see results, like 7lb loss, then relax back to old habits. Hmm it is very strange to me, surely results should motivate us to continue. Perhaps there is some deep psychological root to it. I have lost 1lb which is ok but was hoping for more coz i've been super good and put on 3 last week. But not going to let it stop me as I am really feeling better in myself. I love when you can actually feel your muscles when you move, albeit its under a considerable amout of fat but at least I know its there somewhere

Official weigh in on weekend so fingers crossed. (can't help myself stepping on the scales in mornings)
Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

yes i mistakenly jumped on the scales this morning after breakfast (what was that all about) and i'm back to what i was last week but i'm not due to check until next tues so hope it was just a natural fluctuation. I know i've got to be patient and i am listening to everyone who stays it didn't go on overnight so it won't come off in a week or two, but it's hard. I get really excited when the scales go down. over the past 20 years i've only managed to get them to move down by about 10 lbs and then up i go again but not this time!!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Why can't I do this? I always aware that I am on a diet but I always end up with over eating at the end of the day. And feel guilty and misarable. Every morning, I said that it will be a fresh start, but then at the end of the day I end up stuff. I use to do this before and eventually give up, then gain all the weight I lost back. I have done this for 5 days and gain 2 pounds back.
please help me to get over this. Is there some technique or way to stop yourself from eating too much. Please help me so I can continue my journey.
Thank you
Mai
Old 01-14-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe if you plan your evening meal and allow for a few extra calories that you can keep back for a snack later if you really need something more. I can be good all week but from fri through to sun I struggle in the evenings. How did you do today?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

For me I think its as much a mental process as it is physical, similar to quitting smoking which i'm also doing at the mo. You gotta convince yourself this is what you want to do and resign yourself to the fact that your going to have cravings and difficult times but not to let this stop you. Easier said than done i know. But like with smoking when I'm craving a cigarette I acknowledge that i would like one and say to myself 'yes that would be nice but your not gettin one' (i'm always talking to myself ) this tends to work and stops me obsessing about the craving. Just trying to transfer this to my weight loss efforts now.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bettmrr
For me I think its as much a mental process as it is physical, similar to quitting smoking which i'm also doing at the mo. You gotta convince yourself this is what you want to do and resign yourself to the fact that your going to have cravings and difficult times but not to let this stop you. Easier said than done i know. But like with smoking when I'm craving a cigarette I acknowledge that i would like one and say to myself 'yes that would be nice but your not gettin one' (i'm always talking to myself ) this tends to work and stops me obsessing about the craving. Just trying to transfer this to my weight loss efforts now.
I agree with you. Just that inner voice of you. Mind over body. I experienced this in running. Some day I just feel very struggle to run 3 miles. Other day I run 8 miles with no problem. On a struggle day I have to yell at myself 'You can do it", " Just a few steps more" and I jsut take one step at the time. It is very hard. In running, I can see the destination.
But in diet, the destination is so blurry, can't see it yet.
Mai
Old 01-14-2011, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Maybe if you plan your evening meal and allow for a few extra calories that you can keep back for a snack later if you really need something more. I can be good all week but from fri through to sun I struggle in the evenings. How did you do today?
I did well today actually. On both diet and work out.

Mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.