Notices

Do any of you ladies use the Leslie Sansone walking programmes?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Do any of you ladies use the Leslie Sansone walking programmes?

or anything similar?

What are your comments/progress with this programme?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

I "walk it out" with Leslie anywhere from 3-5 times a week (along with other workouts), and I totally love it. I started the Leslie DVD's about a month ago, and I credit them with giving my weight loss a kickstart. I was losing about a pound a week; when I added Leslie, it went to 1.5 - 2# a week. I like that she's so encouraging, and I find the workouts challenging (I'm always really sweaty at the end of them). Any questions, just ask.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

I use one too, when the weather doesn't let me get out on the trails. I like it. I also have a Wii program called "Walk It Out", keeps me going.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

I only have one Leslie Sansone DVD, it's called "Walk At Home", she does 5 miles on that one, but you can choose to do as many (or few) as you want. The first time I watched it I was like "seriously, this is really hokey and is it just me or does she look and sound like Sarah Palin?", but by the end I was somewhat sweaty and had a bit of runners high. The same day I bought the Sansone DVD I got another one called "Latin Cardio" from the DWTS group. It's much more of a workout, it's okay when they show the steps, but once they take it up to tempo I'm struggling, but the dude is sort of sexy, he's got muscles everywhere with a matching accent, very nice. Guess which one I use more often, go ahead guess. That's right the Leslie Sansone "Walk At Home". And the only reason I can figure is that it's not too taxing on my brain at 5:00am.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

I have two of her DVDs. "Walk away your waistline" and "5 mile fat burning walk". I love them! On days that I really don't have a big chunk of time, I do just a mile. Doesn't take more than 15 min. It isn't much, but at least I don't skip a workout.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

I like the 5 mile dvd a lot - you can do just one if you want, or 3 miles where it's 2 fast miles and one with a strength training component like weights, etc. What I like about it is thatyou control the intensity - make it as easy or as difficult as you want. It's perfect for when you've not worked out in too long and are just gtting back into it, very encouraging and motivating.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for post this thread. After reading this thread I look for this DVD and I found it for free on excersietv.com, and I love it. I did it twice since yesterday.
Thanks again.
Mai
Old 01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

I had a friend who would do them but I saw that she is on "on demand" and so i am starting slow and doing her 1 mile for right now but they have a bit in there and maybe i'll end up buying a dvd of hers but for now im just using what i can
Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

I have 3 of her videos - 1, 2 & 3 mile. I really like them!!