Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 1/3/2011?? >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 1/3/2011??

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 1/3/2011??

Old 01-03-2011, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

cjohnson, i lit up my kitchen 2 years ago on christmas too the fire extinguisher is really the worst mess ever, that kind fireman said, the powder will stay around for a while. It sure did, the finest powder ever, it filled ever crevice and was absolutely everywhere. But thank God no one was injured in your home. My kids nearly died in that fire, the front door was stuck and we were rescued by 120lb neighbour (no Rambo indeed) he managed to kick out the door and saved us. I filed a lawsuit against the landlord for unsufficient fire protection. I won it but still he paid nothing.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

MunaAmin, I am glad everything worked out all right for you and your family. What a nightmare of an experience that must have been! It's awful to complain when, considering the alternatives, I'm getting off very easily. But so far, I am not using my frustration as an excuse to eat .
Old 01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,Thanks for keeping this up. I haven't been on in awhile and really need some accountability.

1. 64 oz. of water
2. No processed foods.
3.Push myself more in my workouts. I think I have gotten lazy.
4. Log my food.
5. Not eat before bed.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Monday report card:

1. Drink 96 oz of water daily. YES
2. Exercise Mon-Sat and make a plan to seriously train for the race in May. YES
3. Eat between 1,350 and 1,650 calories. 1,587
4. Keep my proteins at or above 35%. 33%
5. Throw out the rest of the gingerbread cookies, I don't even like them! NO
6. Complete at least 6 things every day from the list of "Things that must be done". 8

Last edited by almeeker; 01-03-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Can't wait to get started....again.

Hi, everyone. It's good to see a lot of the familiar names and a lot of new ones, too. With catching every cold that came around this holiday season, I did a little bit of damage to the progess I was making before Thanksgiving. I'm so anxious to see everyone's success materialize. My specific goals for this week are to:

1) Log everything I eat and drink on Fitday
2) Drink at least 80 oz water each day
3) Exercise every day
4) Say something "nice" to myself at least once a day

Good luck, everyone!

PS Haven't weighed for a while, so I'll have to update that as of tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't been here for a while. I posted on the other thread.I didn't realize every one had moved. I hope we all have a better 2011 then we had a 2010. It is minus 9 with no wind outside this evening.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Hello, newself! Welcome back! Minus 9, huh? You are hardier than I! Where do you live?

Report for Monday:

1. Stick to my calorie limit. Yes
2. No cookies...gateway drug! Yes
3. 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes
4. Exercise...daily this week to get back in the habit. Yes
5. Increase the protein (been at about 25%). No, still at 25% today

It was good to have a day of finally feeling back in control but there is a ways to go yet. Washed down the kitchen, swept and mopped floors on the first floor, washed the pots and pans and Tupperware (that stuff got into the cabinets, even), rewashed the clothes hanging in the laundry room, and replaced the element in the oven, so things are back to normal here. I need to go back to work so I can have a break!!

Hope you all had a good day .
Old 01-03-2011, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Monday results:

1. Drink at least 72 oz wateryes
2. 5 fruits/veg's each dayyes
3. Multivitamin dailyyes
4. Limit calories to no more than 1500 per dayno -1614
5. Exercise min. of 4 days/45 minutes each - real exercise! yes

Glenda, I felt the same way this morning. I had a pretty good run going (outside in the cold) then all of a sudden just wanted to be done, and warm. Good thing Tango was with me to drag me the last mile or so! I think I was just out of fuel - I don't eat before I run in the morning, and did not have a snack last night. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 PM
FitDay Member

1) drink more water, and at least 1 herbal tea a day yes
2) eat between 1800-1900kcal 1953-ish
3) no more than 50g of fat a day (eliminate nuts as much as possible) 60.6 but DH took me to pizza hut yesterday
4) continue with bike and dvd on alternating days big proud yes
5) be firm and not give up in support of DH in his quitting smoking (top priority) yes haha
6) send a letter to grandma, with the pics i promised her
no

DH continues with his quitting. Yesterday he put on a patch (last one) and I think he's doing well. I'm following a book called 'Stop smoking secret' and i follow it to the letter. He laughs when i make him say motivational things like 'today i didn't smoke and i was a success. Tomorrow i will not smoke again, no matter what, and i will be successful again' one should say this every evening. The guy who wrote this book worked with recovering addicts for almost 20 years, so if he can't cure my DH, no one can.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was pretty good. Felt really worn out when I got home from work, but got on the treadmill and ran 2.5 miles. I had been up to 4 before all the sickness hit before Thanksgiving. I'm feeling better this morning, though, and even got in a 30 minute stationary bike ride before getting ready for work. I've looked over my stats from the past year, and I am where I was at this same time last year weight-wise. This year has to be better. DH was a little put out that I decided to clean the kitchen (cjohnson's kitchen trouble here got me motivated) instead of sit beside him to watch TV, but he'll get over it soon enough, right.? I'm really starting to think he wants me fat. I've gained 50 pounds since we got married 8 years ago. He's gained 30. Any advice on keeping the spouse happy when you need time for yourself? Explaining hasn't helped; only made him defensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.