Notices

My "Resolution"

Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default My "Resolution"

Okay this really has been a resolution in the making, since my hubby and I have been discussing it for like 3 months now and have done nothing about it, but...on Monday, I am joining the YMCA. With or without him.

And I am SUPER EXCITED about it!

I got to thinking about how great I felt a few years back when I was a member of a different gym, and how I was always just bursting with confidence and energy. I want to be that way again! I want to be happy about myself, and I'm tired of dragging ass all day (pardon my French).

Also included in my "resolution" - I want to drink more water, and I want to take better care of myself in general (physically and emotionally).

I just wanted to share with you all how excited I am to be healthy again! Yay!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

You go girl!

Your post has helped motivate me.

Thank you!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

You sound like me.

My goal is get back to my all time best outdoor activity, hiking!

I need to lose about 20-25 lbs and get my activity back up to par.

Oh yeah, hubby's no help. He can eat anything a is still skinny......phooey.

Here's to us staying on track!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Well...

I did it!

I got a tour of the facility, paid for my membership, walked out to my car and got my bag, and came back in and worked out. And it felt great! I just did cardio for today, for about 45 minutes (then I had to go to work). I'm going to go back tomorrow and do weights. My plan is to alternate those, and maybe do a day of swimming here and there!

Good luck to you two! Hopefully we can all stay on track and be super awesome buff people! haha
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Very cool. I went to the gym tonight and watched the parade of "resolutioners" getting the tour, some like you looked really excited, others looked resolved (mostly husbands). Did DH go along for the ride?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Nope, I went while he was working. He has P90X that he is starting at home, and is still debating on going to the gym. I told him that I would really enjoy having him as a gym buddy, but I wasn't going to force him to go. I hope he joins, so that we could have something else to do together besides the usual hang out at home and watch movies or whatever.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats on joining the gym!

you are on your way!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jennygoodman
Nope, I went while he was working. He has P90X that he is starting at home, and is still debating on going to the gym. I told him that I would really enjoy having him as a gym buddy, but I wasn't going to force him to go. I hope he joins, so that we could have something else to do together besides the usual hang out at home and watch movies or whatever.
The gym I belong to actually has a "family rate", which is cheaper than 2 separate memberships. Just a thought.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Unfortunately, (even though I refer to him as my hubby and we act married), we are not married yet, and the Y won't give couple rates unless you are legally married. I suppose they would get ripped off in all sorts of ways if they allowed people who lived together to have memberships together, so I can't really complain, but...it would be awesome if they would let us! lol

I pay $43 a month for myself, and if we were married and could get a membership together, we would pay $58.

So hopefully we will get married sooner rather than later, and can save some money at the gym! (Oh and there are probably some other benefits to marriage too lol).
Old 01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jennygoodman
So hopefully we will get married sooner rather than later, and can save some money at the gym! (Oh and there are probably some other benefits to marriage too lol).
Believe me the money we save on our gym membership doesn't begin to cover the marriage penalty we pay to the IRS. Come to think of it, the gym never asked for any proof that we're married, and when we first joined I was still using my maiden name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.