Community
Notices

Help! Confused! No weight gain??

Old 12-31-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Question Help! Confused! No weight gain??

I'm so confused. It's been over a week of me going off the rails. I've eaten more chocolate than my stomach can handle, and I've had a couple sodas (which isn't something I usually do). Nearly every day, my meals have come by the bucket!

This morning I jumped on the scale after breakfast and a few waters, while wearing my sneakers. I was at 189, and my previous weight (before I went crazy) was 187. If you subtract the weight from my sneakers and take into account that I'd already eaten, I didn't gain any weight at all!

How is it possible that I didn't gain ten pounds??
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Just an idea but could be be period related?
I know people are heavier around their period so that might have explained the previous weight.
Also if you were only naughty/off the rails for a week maybe you didn't sin as much as you thought?

PS Sounds like a good week
Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by barbaramurray1981
Just an idea but could be be period related?
I know people are heavier around their period so that might have explained the previous weight.
Also if you were only naughty/off the rails for a week maybe you didn't sin as much as you thought?

PS Sounds like a good week
I hadn't thought of that. I can't remember if I was on my period during that weigh-in but that could very well be. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Why,do you complain ??? Metabolism slows down when people diet, so maybe it also speeds up when one eats more.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Why,do you complain ??? Metabolism slows down when people diet, so maybe it also speeds up when one eats more.
Trust me, I'm not complaining. I'm just really confused and slightly worried that there's something wrong with my scale.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Same thing happened to me! And I was off for 2-3 weeks! Usually when I go off for say a weekend or so I will gain a couple pounds, but I have been eating goodies, drinking more alcohol than I should and not counting a calorie for a few weeks and all I have gained is a half a pound- if that. I also haven't been to the gym as often as I was before. I think I may be losing muscle though which could explain the lack of weight gain, especially because I feel like I look a little more jiggly than usual. It's just so strange when every other time I ate whatever I wanted and didn't count calories I gained weight within two days. I guess I can't complain too much but my butt was definitely back in the gym this morning- I don't want to wait around for the weight to creep back up.
Annie