FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2790-no-more-jiggling-like-jell-o-january.html)

GameGal 12-31-2010 05:23 PM

No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January (100+ to lose)

Happy New Year all!! Hope to see a lot of the regulars back and newcomers too!!

01gt4.6 12-31-2010 05:53 PM

Happy New Years... I'm back... :cool:

MunaAmin 12-31-2010 06:14 PM

Happy New Year :)

almeeker 01-01-2011 01:48 AM

Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! LOL, very funny title for January by the way!

carrenross 01-01-2011 04:01 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, I don't know about you folks but I didnt see any recession out there this holiday season! I work retail and boy, it was an absolute madhouse some days.
Still no excuse for not recording, chatting and all. I did not gain any weight during Christmas which is a first in my book.
At one point I had a 'light bulb' moment about portion control - 'by george, I think I got this' LOL Also, saw moments of extreme tiredness having me hovering in front of the fridge; another penny drops.
Back on track now the rush at work is over. Started a detox today with supplements (from work) which I did a few years ago and felt great afterwards. Basically - psyllium and lots of water - LOL
I hope you all had a great holiday season and it will be good to be back in touch with you all. Sorry for not being here, I sure missed you all.
New year, new decade any one with new plans?
I got a Wii for Christmas the DH is going to set it up today for me when I am at work. Also, have TiVO'd a belly dancing exercise program (4) and some Core Fusion shows.
So, am looking forward to getting some aeorbics going - which I have never - that I can remember - done before.
The snow just keeps falling so no chance of walking - however, I do have snowshoes that I want to use my next day off, have a little fun.
Gotta get to work, have a nice day with your family and friends ladies and see you online in the coming days.
Carren

maggi1234 01-01-2011 12:38 PM

I am new here and will get around to posting my intro...really I will! :)
Can I join you ladies?

Happy New Years everyone!

GameGal 01-01-2011 04:22 PM

Welcome! You are more than welcome to join us!

katyq1957 01-01-2011 04:52 PM

Hello. I am starting a calorie counting weight loss program. ( again)

I need to loose about 50 lds. Is this topic for just over 100 pound weight loss discussion?
Should I be a different thread? Kind of new to the forums.
This site has good food log tools.
I know ( at my age, 53) I have to be meticulous in accounting for intake of food if I want to lose weight. Today I did stay under 2000 calories, ( 1800) and my goal is to stay between 1200 and 2000.
One change for the new year.. Threw away the butter. ( got some of that spray- Can't believe it's not Butter spray)
What kind of little changes do you make like that? (the little things that have big impact)
katy
Starting weight........200
Current weight.........200

Goal weight..............145 lbs
5'7

maggi1234 01-02-2011 04:55 AM

Good afternoon ladies,

Here is my little introduction. I'm a 49 year old SAHM. I will be 50 in 2 months...50...50!!!!. I'm still dealing with that fact. I'm shocked and thrilled at the same time. I have been overweight most of my adult life. Most of the weight came once I finished nursing my daughter. She is 9 now and a joy. ;)

I lost 50 lbs 2 years ago using fitday and gained it back plus 10 lbs a year after I stopped. Now after trying a lot of other things I'm back to fitday. After one day I have lost 2 lbs. So far so good. :)

I'm here for support, ideas and laughs. Laughter makes the dieting so much easier! My weakness/love is potato anything! As a friend told me. "I'm not addicted, I'm committed!" ;D

Glad to be here!

harpegcanuck 01-02-2011 06:19 AM

Happy New Year All,

It's good to see everyone back out after the craziness of December! I'm happy to have some me time back finally and looking forward to my progress. I thought I'd been horrible regarding fitness in December but looking at the calendar, the lack of sleep and poor food choices are my downfall I think.

With all my bad food choices I'm up 2 pounds from my last signature update, not super horrible for what felt like falling off the wagon.

Maggi, congrats on coming back to fitday and the loss.

GameGal, Almeeker, and carrenross it is very good to see you all back.

I'm excited about this process of getting healthy again and for the first time, I'm able to picture what I will look like at my goal weight. It may be coloured by my past (...extremely ancient past), but I'm starting to see myself as a thinner me. It's been hard to picture for me. Anyone have any tips for visualization?

I had to chuckle this week with all the ads pushing exercise equipment where last month they were clogged with promos on chocolates. I had to laugh this year instead of going - "Oh I need that!" I realized I probably have most of the toys they push. :o I tried a new workout in my Shape magazine from this month and found a new recipe for stuffed peppers with couscous. I'll let you know if it's a hit if anyone is interested.

I found a great recipe for chicken with lots of yummy spices, that I made into a gluten free version this month. Likely best to post in the food section, although I have to admit this is the forum section I prefer most. ;) Has anyone found a fitday thread for recipes that rocks?

Gotta run and Healthy New Year to all,

Harpeg

changeisgood29 01-02-2011 03:21 PM

Happy New Year, everyone! Very nice to see regulars and newcomers alike. :)

Same old stuff going on here until school starts up, so I'll enjoy the quiet while it lasts. Just wanted to give a shout-out to everyone - be good and be strong. ;)

zootnarf 01-02-2011 03:44 PM

Happy New Year to all, and a big WELCOME to the new people. It's great to see everyone here back and committed. I LOVE the new thread title! :D We have jello sitting in the fridge, and I giggled when I saw it tonight.

I'm ready to get back in gear and work on being healthier. My first commitment is to get back to logging all of my food. The holiday parties and dinner foods were just too time consuming to track, and I gave up at some point. I'm back to logging everything starting tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of exercise tracking as well. I need to get out there and move!

Let's do it! :)

[email protected] 01-03-2011 05:48 AM

Well I now know what work is good for. It is goof for keeping me on track regarding logging food and activity! lol

Back today after being off for a little over a week. I did not go crazy, but just did not have time to log everything. At least I still went for a walk everyday and made it to the Y several times.

Going to the Y tonight after work to check the damage (hopefully none!!)

Hope everyone had a great holiday and is ready to get back in gear for the New Year!

:cool:

tjkhoover 01-03-2011 09:47 AM

I'm back to the forums. Started doing Zumba dance January 1st and I am having fun. I have about 50 lbs. to lose still but I am happy with the changes I have made so far. In a size 12 from an 18....can't wait to reach my goal but trying to have fun while I do it so it stays off for life.

almeeker 01-03-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by katyq1957 (Post 30055)
One change for the new year.. Threw away the butter. ( got some of that spray- Can't believe it's not Butter spray)
What kind of little changes do you make like that? (the little things that have big impact)

I don't really know of any little changes that make a BIG impact, but the little things do add up over time. Here are some I've used at my house:

35 calorie/slice whole grain bread, took inches off the whole family.
Fat free Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Lite almond milk and Splenda instead of coffee creamer.
A light dusting of powdered sugar instead of frosting.
Walking to and from the gym instead of driving.

katyq1957 01-03-2011 04:00 PM

Great ideas, The little things add up.
I'm having herbal tea in the evenings to add some warmth and predictable routine to the evening hours.. instead of leaving that open to the previous mindless snacking.
Now I look forward to the tea! Hot Tea with lemon tonight.
Katy

[email protected] 01-04-2011 12:00 AM

Holding steady thank goodness! Now that I am back on track I am hoping to see loss again ;)

Just tracking everything makes all the difference for me!

christineval 01-04-2011 12:15 AM

Hey ALL,

I cant seem to get into the habit of going on here all the time but I read all the stories when I do get on. I hope everyone had a great holiday and got all they wanted!

Well I am so surprised because I did NOT gain any weight at all in fact I lost .5 pounds! It seems that when ever I stop workingout at the gym and only do my treadmill I lose weight lol.....weird!

I am going to Punta Cana (Dominician) with my 2 kids (8-boy and 4-girl) and DH next week for our first all inclusive trip for 7 nights 8 days! I am scared about my weight for that but I am telling myself I am paying lots of money for this and want to enjoy every bit of it. I am not going to feel guilty or worry about it. I will just get back to routine when I get back and deal with any weight gain then if there is any. We are getting really excited!

WeightlossBoo 01-04-2011 03:19 AM

Hello ladies!
I'm back from my sick bed, and feeling (just about) ready to get going again.
I gained 1.5lbs in the 2 and a half weeks I was out of action, so I'm not unhappy with that. :) Plus, I ate EVERYTHING and ANYTHING I could lay my hands on...
Only managed half hour at the gym though. Felt like I'd go backwards about 3 months, so slowly does it for now.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas/New Year!!! Hope to see more posts now. :D

rainbow24 01-04-2011 04:53 AM

I am joining in with the idea that the more accountability, the better. I tried talking to local friends, not or no longer overweight, but that did not work out. They were the ones who talked me out of my last weight loss program because they felt it was too restricting. It actually took me years to convince them that it is my allergies that restrict my diet more.

The worst part for me this holiday was discovering that my daughter and I are the same weight. She is a little taller than I am, but only an inch or so. Through Christmas, I watched her choosing chocolate over lunch and drinking cola over water as she told me she had lost 5 lbs.

It bothers me that I, as a rule, do not eat chocolate because I don't trust that it is nut free and I don't drink carbonated or sweetened beverages. The way I see it, if you have to be blamed for indulging, you should actually be indulging.
So I have cut my calories in half with portion control and am working my way back into regular exercise. I have to be prepared for 3-5 miles a day in March.

Oh and one of those friends tried to dissuade me again, even though she has lost a lot of weight.
Considering her health issues, I know her heart is in the right place, but my doctor is not conducive to healthy weight loss, so I will not talk to him about this. Last time I did consult him, he wanted to put me on a drug that has since been banned in Canada. The nutritionist he sent me to was little help either due to my restrictions with allergies.

Now, my allergies.

I am allergic to tree nuts, first and foremost. I read all labels, not for nutrition, but for ingredients. Most of all I am looking for the may contain or processed in a plant. This limits packaged foods as well as baked goods and seeds, even healthy flours and grains.

I am allergic to anything fermented. This includes vinegar, yeast and alcohol. I can have some, but if I have it three days in a row, I pay for it with rashes.

I am allergic to bananas, which is not a big deal because they are a very starchy fruit, but my nut allergy does restrict my fruit consumption because the pits of certain fruits are related to the tree nuts. For example - a peach with a cracked pit has nut oils, from the seed, leached into the fruit.

I am probably giving everyone more information that they really want, but ... I need to write this down.

[email protected] 01-04-2011 08:20 AM

Tracking calories in and activity DOES WORK! Don't let anyone tell you any different! Sorry to hear about all of your allergies Annette - :(

Hope you feel better soon Felicity!

maggi1234 01-05-2011 05:14 AM

I did it! I made it to the gym. I even walked there first! Ok...it is just a block from my home but still! ;) I met my sister there at 6:00am and we worked out on the treadmills. It was fun! We are going again Thursday morning. I'm starting with 2 mornings at the gym and one afternoon swimming with my daughter.

I've been tracking my foods every day. Even when it hasn't been so good. I'm down 4 lbs and feeling great!. Sore, but great. ;)

Have a good day ladies!

almeeker 01-05-2011 05:19 AM

Very proud of you maggi, and inspired by the fact that you are taking the whole family along on your health quest.

[email protected] 01-05-2011 06:13 AM

That is awesome maggi!! Keep it up!

rainbow24 01-05-2011 07:10 AM

I started my day with oatmeal and now it looks like I will pay for it with hunger all day long. I need to start with protein.

almeeker 01-05-2011 12:33 PM

I just finished the day with an omelet, that might work for you. I don't do oatmeal, it's not a carb thing for me I'm allergic to it.

rainbow24 01-05-2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 30677)
I just finished the day with an omelet, that might work for you. I don't do oatmeal, it's not a carb thing for me I'm allergic to it.

I managed to finish the day with only going a little less than 200 over my 1500 calorie intake goal.

I understand allergies. My granddaughter was only allowed oatmeal after several years of going gluten free. I know how to cook healthy meals for someone who is egg, dairy, gluten, soy and tomato free.
I made this fantastic lasagna on the weekend that fit that description.

Now that I am through with today, I am going to start my day tomorrow with a big pot of soup. Homemade!

I have a cold and that is all I want. Soup and tea.

newself! 01-06-2011 10:04 AM

hello everyone
for those are sick I hope you all get well soon. For those that lost wieght - way ato go! You go Girls!
I have an old electronic scale that is fairly accurate. It was only off one pound when my sister went to the doctor the olther day. She has lost a lot of weight because she was very sick for several weeks. so any way I weighted in about 2 weeks before Christmas and I was up four pounds and when I weighted in yesterday I was back down that 4 pounds. This is the first holiday in years that I didn't gain over the holidays put lost instead. I am at the lowest I have been in over a year. I am going to check out the local aquatic center and see how much I cost to go swimming 2 times a week. heres to many pounds lost by spring.

rainbow24 01-06-2011 10:52 AM

Hey Newself,

As soon as I lose enough to fit into my swimsuit, we can compare pool notes.

almeeker 01-06-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by rainbow24 (Post 30885)
Hey Newself,

As soon as I lose enough to fit into my swimsuit, we can compare pool notes.

Swimming is really fantastic exercise. You might want to grab a suit in a larger size just to move along fitting back into the old one, every store out there is running sales right now... Just a thought. A while back I tried talking another poster in to buying larger size ski pants because her only excuse for not going skiing was because her ski pants didn't fit. Seriously? Skiing burns like 12 calories/minute, if you are trying to lose weight why would you sit that one out?

rainbow24 01-06-2011 01:11 PM

By the time I can afford a new suit, even on sale, I should fit into the old one. Once I get there, I have several different sizes going down from that. I bought those at previous sales.

almeeker 01-06-2011 01:16 PM

Maybe you could toss on a sports bra and some shorts? The pool here doesn't have a strict "bathing suit only" rule, so we see people in there all the time with summer clothes on.

rainbow24 01-06-2011 01:39 PM

I am pretty sure ours is strict about these things. Even so, I don't own a sports bra. That is something I need to pick up when our yearly cheque comes.
As soon as my cold is over, I will be out walking some trails. I have until March 6 to be ready for 3-5 miles a day on the farm.

By the end of March, I should have money and need to keep up a reasonable workout that will allow my feet to heal after all the walking. I say should, because I don't know if payday is in March or May this year. Tis the nature of farming.

almeeker 01-06-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by rainbow24 (Post 30918)
I am pretty sure ours is strict about these things. Even so, I don't own a sports bra. That is something I need to pick up when our yearly cheque comes.
As soon as my cold is over, I will be out walking some trails. I have until March 6 to be ready for 3-5 miles a day on the farm.

By the end of March, I should have money and need to keep up a reasonable workout that will allow my feet to heal after all the walking. I say should, because I don't know if payday is in March or May this year. Tis the nature of farming.

Ah, now that is something I do understand. When my husband and I got engaged, my mother took me aside and carefully explained that our wedding needed to be after the corn was harvested and sold.

rainbow24 01-06-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 30920)
Ah, now that is something I do understand. When my husband and I got engaged, my mother took me aside and carefully explained that our wedding needed to be after the corn was harvested and sold.

I was an unsuspecting city girl. If he had told me back then that there would be one payday a year, I think I might have . . . never mind, I fancied myself in love and you can't tell a teenager in love anything. :rolleyes:

[email protected] 01-07-2011 02:30 AM

I add walnuts and a bit of milk to my oatmeal every morning in order to get protein.

I got a swimsuit from a thrift store a few weeks ago that was brand new and cost less than $5 > maybe them out??

rainbow24 01-07-2011 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 30988)
I add walnuts and a bit of milk to my oatmeal every morning in order to get protein.

I got a swimsuit from a thrift store a few weeks ago that was brand new and cost less than $5 > maybe them out??

I shivered when I read this. I carry an epi-pen for in case I come in contact with nut oils throughout the day.

I once found a swimsuit at a thrift store, but that was a fluke. I will see what I can do when my cold is over.

harpegcanuck 01-07-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by rainbow24 (Post 31004)
I shivered when I read this. I carry an epi-pen for in case I come in contact with nut oils throughout the day.

I once found a swimsuit at a thrift store, but that was a fluke. I will see what I can do when my cold is over.

Hi All,

I've made some bad food choices this week, the scale is up a few pounds and Aunt Flo will be visiting next week. :p Despite feeling these things are ganging up on me, I'm doing well with food today. I have to give credit where it's due, I have a new incentive, for the first time ever DH and I are going away for Valentine's Day!

Annette/Rainbow24 not to be too personal [that seems kind of silly since we know each other's weight :D] but I do have some swimsuits that are too big for me now and I'd be happy to share. I have no clue how to send a message here without posting this way, but you can e-mail me if you'd like.

Harpeg

newself! 01-07-2011 12:55 PM

:)good evening all
I am checking out the swimming on Monday after work. I have suit that fits. I will wait and see if I can keep it up weither I will buy a new one and a swim cap. It is very cold here in the winter and I all ready had one cold.
I had farmers in the family I understand about the paycheck,mean you really have to watch the budget.\
I am hoping to get new shoes to really get walking in as it warms up. I just used my shoe money for the auto insurance.:(
I did not do well this afternoon but I am doing better this evening.
Here is wishing everyopne a better day tomorrow

traceymc1985 01-08-2011 03:04 AM

Hi everyone im finding it very difficult to throw away the bad habits that came back over last 2 months and made me gain over a stone!! Thats forgotten now and i just need to move on but i suppose its bound to be tough until im used to it again. Before it was second nature but my mindset just changed.
I need to up my exercise and gain some motivation. I have a swimsuit upstairs that i bought last summer and worn once. Plus the pool is a 15min walk away from my childrens school so theres no excuse. I just need to regain the confidence that i had.
Ive been ok today with eating but have had 4 biscuits but considering i was having packetS this is improvement although once i am officially back at weightwatchers on monday i will need to cut out completely. Once i start i cant stop and is better for me to keep away from them totally. Should be thinking this way now!!
As i type this it sounds like one excuse after another. I really need to sort it out if i want to get this weight off!!!!!! Apologies for babbling