Notices

Body Positivity and Fitness After Pregnancy

Old 08-19-2019, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Body Positivity and Fitness After Pregnancy

Hello everyone! Thought I'd ask for some advice about this here, and maybe I'd also find some people with the same problem so we can all share our stories. I gave birth 5 months ago to a beautiful baby girl. She is truly lovely, and my partner and I are very happy. But occasionally, I find myself struggling a little about body positivity. I don't feel completely hopeless because I know I have my partner and my parents to support me, but there are days when I just really feel emotional about it. I was wondering how some of you coped with that or helped someone cope with these issues? Thank you!
Old 08-22-2019, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Enjoy that beautiful baby! Thank God for strollers - I wish I had used them more when my kids were babies. You may not see a dramatic transformation of your body just from taking your daughter out in the stroller, but you probably will feel better and more energized. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2019, 09:41 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't think of that, that's really great advice. Did some research and found this on a parenting blog, then we bought a stroller a little after I gave birth. Some people say not to use strollers until the baby is 6mos but I guess we're just excited. I'll make sure to go out on more walks and invite my partner along as well, it'd be good bonding time. Thank you so much!
Old 08-23-2019, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Rediscover your passion and purpose for life and build a body that matches that. You want to be a role model for your child and have the energy to play with them.

STRIVE TO BE A SUPER MOM
Old 08-25-2019, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kevinem
Rediscover your passion and purpose for life and build a body that matches that. You want to be a role model for your child and have the energy to play with them.

STRIVE TO BE A SUPER MOM
I will do my best. Thank you for the encouragement!
Old 07-13-2020, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

This is an extremely difficult period to keep your emotions in control. I can strongly advise to consult the psychotherapist if you feel you're losing control. There's nothing wrong about it and even one visit can make your life easier
Old 07-15-2021, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Don't worry about it. Your partner understands and supports you. I know it myself. I had a similar situation with my spouse. She was worried sick about it and couldn't deal with it. So we went together to see a psychologist who helped us a lot. I didn't want to leave her alone. So we went together. It's just something to get over.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb

Body Positivity and Fitness After Pregnancy are important aspects of postpartum well-being. While a homeopathy pregnancy kit may be beneficial for certain health concerns during pregnancy, it's essential to approach body positivity and fitness in a comprehensive manner.
  1. Embrace body changes: Recognize and appreciate that your body has gone through an incredible journey of creating life. Embrace the changes and be kind to yourself.
  2. Set realistic goals: Focus on regaining strength and overall fitness rather than striving for a pre-pregnancy body. Consult with healthcare professionals, such as a gynecologist or a postnatal fitness expert, to set achievable goals.
  3. Gradual exercise routine: Start with gentle exercises like pelvic floor exercises and walking. As you regain strength, gradually incorporate activities like yoga, swimming, or postnatal fitness classes tailored to your needs.
  4. Seek professional guidance: Consult a qualified fitness trainer who specializes in postnatal exercises. They can provide personalized workouts considering your specific needs, such as diastasis recti or pelvic floor weakness.
  5. Nourishing diet: Focus on a well-balanced, nutrient-dense diet to support your recovery and breastfeeding, if applicable. Consult a nutritionist for guidance on consuming wholesome foods that promote healing and energy levels.
  6. Mental well-being: Prioritize self-care and seek support from loved ones or professionals. Consider joining support groups or connecting with other new moms to share experiences and find encouragement.
  7. Homeopathy pregnancy kit: While a homeopathy pregnancy kit may have its benefits, it's important to consult a qualified homeopath or healthcare provider to understand its appropriate usage, safety, and potential interactions with other medications.
Remember, every woman's postpartum journey is unique. Focus on what feels right for you and your body. Be patient, listen to your body's signals, and celebrate each step towards improved fitness and body positivity.
Old 02-04-2024, 07:15 PM
FitDay Member

Body positivity and fitness after pregnancy are essential topics that empower individuals to embrace their postpartum bodies and prioritize their health and well-being. It's crucial to celebrate the incredible journey of pregnancy and focus on achieving fitness goals in a way that feels supportive and sustainable for each individual's unique body and circumstances.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! You cannot spot reduce fat.

ENJOY your beautiful baby! Congratulations. I would say to feel good and positive again, it is all about eating well, drinking water and moving your body! I break it down to these simple things!

1. Calorie deficit
2. Protein 1G per pound of goal body weight
3. 100 OZ water per day
4. 45min movement daily.

Have additional questions let me know. I'm a personal trainer. happy to answer any questions you have