Body Positivity and Fitness After Pregnancy

Old 08-20-2019, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Body Positivity and Fitness After Pregnancy

Hello everyone! Thought I'd ask for some advice about this here, and maybe I'd also find some people with the same problem so we can all share our stories. I gave birth 5 months ago to a beautiful baby girl. She is truly lovely, and my partner and I are very happy. But occasionally, I find myself struggling a little about body positivity. I don't feel completely hopeless because I know I have my partner and my parents to support me, but there are days when I just really feel emotional about it. I was wondering how some of you coped with that or helped someone cope with these issues? Thank you!
Old 08-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Enjoy that beautiful baby! Thank God for strollers - I wish I had used them more when my kids were babies. You may not see a dramatic transformation of your body just from taking your daughter out in the stroller, but you probably will feel better and more energized. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2019, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't think of that, that's really great advice. Did some research and found this on a parenting blog, then we bought a stroller a little after I gave birth. Some people say not to use strollers until the baby is 6mos but I guess we're just excited. I'll make sure to go out on more walks and invite my partner along as well, it'd be good bonding time. Thank you so much!
Old 08-23-2019, 06:20 PM
FitDay Member

Rediscover your passion and purpose for life and build a body that matches that. You want to be a role model for your child and have the energy to play with them.

STRIVE TO BE A SUPER MOM
Old 08-26-2019, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kevinem View Post
Rediscover your passion and purpose for life and build a body that matches that. You want to be a role model for your child and have the energy to play with them.

STRIVE TO BE A SUPER MOM
I will do my best. Thank you for the encouragement!