FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   22 lbs by June Monday (12/27/10) Weigh-In (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2740-22-lbs-june-monday-12-27-10-weigh.html)

etlosenow 12-27-2010 01:58 AM

22 lbs by June Monday (12/27/10) Weigh-In

Hello Everyone,

OK didn't quite stay at my mini-goal. I had reached it earlier (129.something) this week but not this morning. Still, not anywhere near as bad as it could have been.

Mini goal for today was 130.0, actual weight 131.0. This was after a heavy dinner out on Thursday, tamales, waffles and chocolate desserts on Christmas and too much food, overall. So, I think I can recover from this little setback. After all, I still wanted to have a wonderful Christmas with my husband and kids.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your family/friends and didn't do too much damage.

jml2010 12-27-2010 09:46 PM

Can I join here?

Having abandoned healthy eating/exercise (and checking in here!) exactly a month ago, I am trying to get back in the groove. Sadly, with 2.5 kgs gained back :(. 22 lbs (10 kg) by June seems like a healthy, reasonable goal - mind if I join?

I started today by trying two new exercise dvds I bought recently, but both were pretty lame. One was a beginner's Pilates, but it was just too many things to concentrate on at the same time. I think I'll go back to my old faithful Callanetics for the core strengthening and flexibility/posture work.

MischaKitty 12-28-2010 01:57 AM

Hi everyone! Welcome back!

I weighed myself yesterday but couldn't find the time to log in. It's not my usual scale and doesn't deliver digital readings but it looked like I was in the 169.5-170 lbs range. Which I guess is ok since that's maintenance. Last week I did get into the 169's which made me very happy. :)

etlosenow 12-28-2010 02:04 AM

Hi Margaret, and Welcome.
Of course, you are welcome to join. We have a few more women who usually weigh in on Monday. A few are on break but I'm sure will be back. We usually start a new thread with each weekly weigh in. I am trying for an average of a pound a week weightloss, which hopefully, will be easier to maintain over the long run. I am generally starting my days off with 1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup of yogurt or glass of milk (or choc. milk) and eating fruits and veggies throughout the day. Trying to keep my dinners earlier (before 6pm) and lighter. If I can maintain the pound a week, I should reach my goal by summer...I feel that I am the most motivated right now than I have been in a long time and that I am making the most progress than I ever have on maintaining a shift in my attitude toward food. I feel right now that I am really evaluating whether I am eating because I'm hungry? or asking myself are these calories (junk food) worth it? am I satisfied already or am I still hungry? And better about starting my meals with a salad then eating less of the "heavier" foods.

Anyway, welcome, once again and good luck! (And Happy New Year!!)

angel_nie13 12-28-2010 06:51 AM

Hi everyone!

I couldn't get to a scale yesterday morning so had to weigh in today. 148.8 which is up a pound but I'm actually super happy with it. I haven't logged anything in a week- maybe even two (I haven't even checked) and I have been letting myself eat treats and drink more often than normal. I was expecting the scale to jump but have been weighing in every few days to make sure I didn't gain too much. I was so surprised every time I got on the scale and I wasn't 5 pounds heavier. I hadn't gone to the gym in 2 weeks! I think I was being more active though in general (walking, playing kinect- the new xbox game where your body is the controller). Also, I think the better eating habits I've developed this past year have helped. I didn't stuff myself until I felt like popping, I used only small portions of things like butter, and I allowed myself a cookie or chocolate if I wanted one but didn't eat the whole tray/box. In the past I would have been 10 times worse. I'm back on track today- tracking my food and went to the gym last night. I'm just really excited to see that I can live a couple weeks without tracking and be able to maintain (mostly) on my own. Even so, I like keeping track so I don't go overboard!

Happy Holidays!
Annie

sandi olson 01-01-2011 03:37 PM

I am looking for a weigh-in group and am not sure how it's done on FitDay. Losing and maintaining a healthy weight seems much easier when one has to be accountable through a once-a-week weigh in! I am also interested in balancing weight, diet and exercise in a more consistent manner.

dawnmillions 01-03-2011 09:40 PM

hi sandi,

If you are interested you can check out the new thread I started yesterday related to this one. It is for the current Monday weigh-in / comments for this series of threads. This "group" started several weeks ago. So far it is just amongst a handful of Fitday members that happened to chat on the forum with each other recently. Anyone can join in who wants to.

Good luck on your fitness / weight-loss challenge and happy new year.

dawn