Notices

150 lbs. to Lose!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Starting too!

Hi all,
Starting again... 51 yrs old, 5'11", and 280 when I started on Jan 13. Current goal is to get to 250. The "charts" say I should get to 170. Down about 7# so far. Just had a bad weekend with period starting, cramps, and sugar cravings after a really consistent week. So it goes. I've got a recumbent cycle that I'm aiming to use every day. Did 4 times last week, 30 min each. I've had knee problems too, and surgery on it 2 yrs ago. The recumbent bike (seated with a back) isn't as bad as a regular stationary bike. I think I'll check in every few days... encouragement to all of you courageous folks, I'm impressed.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi I'm Lois, I also have to loss alot of lbs...around 150... my friend told me when I watch tv tostand up and walk in place every commercial... I do that and I work on my eilptcial...misspelled I'm sure..I have also changed my eating habits. It is very hard for me as I have no workout buddy, I'm 47, my husband is a feeder and I have epilespy and take drugs which cause havic with my moods and activity levels. I was 281.8 and am now 270
thanks for letting talk.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default starting out

Hello everyone. I've been over 300 and would like to lose 50%. I will see when I am under 200 what my final goal should be. I started this week with support of Carlene Jones. I am using Fitday to track food, with objective this first few weeks of being below 1,600 and less than 30% fat, and to keep a journal. I am learning lots about my choices and I'm still in the first week.

I live in the UK and travel in Europe and the US for work, so am looking for ways to keep my eating on track when in hotels. When I was on a day trip to Munich this week, my briefcase was heavy - and yet I am walking around with maybe 25 times the weight of the papers I was carrying.

Time to release it back to the wild!

GG
Old 02-15-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm S. Your not alone. I have to lose 195 pounds by 08.11. I'm trying to slim down before college. I'm a highschool student and I've been struggling with my weight all my life. I've tried dieting before but I could never stick with it. I've been on a diet for a bout two weeks now and it's a big change from what I'm used to but guess what! My wrists are getting smaller!

All I can say is ... if you stick to it you will get results. Also, you can pm me if you like.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

I am 44 years old and weigh 298lbs - I want to lose approx 140lbs

I have made a goal of 15lbs for this month - as I will probably also lose water at first.

I have to admit I am lazy and I LOVE food - I dont have any excuse as to why I am so overweight - it is what it is -

I am worried as my weight has heightened - I have become more tired and sick more often...

I would love to correspond with someone in the same weight range who is looking for a weight loss buddy

I am lucky enough to have a financee who is supportive of changing our lifestyle and of losing weight himself

Thank you for reading Elizabeth
Old 02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

It seems like we are all in the same place in life - need to lose weight, want to get healthy and have bad knees or some other aches and pains. It is a vicious circle - we want to lose weight - it hurts to move arounds (so we don't) and then we just gain more weight. I do own every pound - with that being said - it is time to call it quits with the excuses and take my life back...even if I can only exercise 5 minutes a day for now - every day I will get stronger and feel better. Good luck to everyone.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Starting once again...

Hi everyone -
I've enjoyed so much reading the posts. I'm in the same boat with most of you.
I'm a 30 year old, weighing 297 pounds. My goal is to get below 200 pounds - with hopes of being around 160. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 23. I was at my heaviest then - 315. I got down to about 225 about 2 years ago...and now I'm back to pushing my highest. My life changed quite abit in the last 2 years - I started dating this wonderful man, and I got comfortable. Now I'm feeling ashamed of myself that I put on the weight. I feel mad and sad. My boyfriend is awesome and I know that he loves me no matter what my size - but I can't help but think "this is not the woman that he fell in love with". I know that's dumb. Well I've rambled on enough for now. I would love to chat with anyone that needs a friend or a weight battler buddy! Diana
Old 02-18-2010, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Diana, I'm Diane, and my spot in life sounds very similar to yours. I'll be 30 this year, and I'm definitely at my heaviest. My boyfriend and I had out two year in December, and I know I'm heavier now than when we started dating. He's so skinny and doesn't worry about what he eats and has a massive Mt. Dew habit, which rubbed off on me for a while. So if I had to guess I'd say I probably put on a good twenty pounds since our first date.

I've been working really hard since December to get myself under control. I *think* I've lost most of what I put on when we started dating, I only recently got a working scale, but I've been keeping track of my measurements, and while I seem to go back and fourth by a half an inch or so here lately, I haven't gone back up to my starting measurements. So I'm happy about that.

I've really been struggling the past couple weeks, ran out of steam a little bit, so I put a couple more pounds back on. I think some of my problem was cutting too many calories, so I've bumped the intake up some this week and we'll see where it leads me. I have a bit of a scale obsession now that I have one, and it seems like its going down again. I know I've been stressed out at lot lately about my lack of employment and money and stress is never good for weight loss, and I'm dealing with a couple physical issues that is making exercise hard right now, but I'm going to stick with my diet plan and not give it. I really do feel better, even if the numbers aren't doing what I want.

I'm sorry to vent so much, its one of those weeks where it seems like everything is just pressing down all at once. Not to mention I'm creeping up on my period which makes me overly emotional as it is. So, thanks for listening everyone and I wish you all a happy day!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I'm trying so hard to watch what I'm eating - I really just started again this week - and I'm already failing. I work as a secretary so I sit all day - and I want to snack all day. There is always something around the office to munch on...it's like it calls my name! I'm having a really hard time adding exercise to my schedule. I work an hour from home - so after working all day and driving an hour home, cooking supper, visiting with the fam for a bit - the last thing I want to do is get on the Wii fit or go for a walk. I live in Iowa - it's a bit chilly these days. I need some motivation to get out and do it! My boyfriend could stand to loose a few pounds too - but we just lay in front of the tv instead of moving around. I'm always just so tired - and I know that's because of the weight and I would have more energy if I moved around a bit - but I just can't get myself to do it.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Its definitely hard. I'm thinking about getting an exercise bike, I gave it a honest chance and I just can't take the high impact stuff. I have a bad ankle that just starts pitching a fit after a couple of days. It ends up taking me four days to get back to normal after two days of exercise. I'd love to get a Wii Fit, or even The Biggest Loser game. I saw a review of three different exercise games for the Wii, and The Biggest Loser was actually ranked as the most challenging and "real" of the three. The Wii Fit got good remarks, too, though.

I've been doing this long enough where food isn't as hard as it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I still have my days where I struggle with cravings, or just not caring what I put in my body. What helps me the most with that, is usually after I have a day of free for all eating, I'm usually miserable. My body's gotten used to the better treatment, and it will throw a fit when I stuff a bunch of junk into it. My biggest challenge, like so many of us on here, is the emotional. When I get upset the first place I still run is the kitchen. Fortunatly, since I've stopped buying junk, the worst thing I can usually find is cereal. I do love to bake though, and the past few days I've really been fighting with myself about baking something. I really want to do a cake, but seeing as Grady doesn't eat cake, I will end up eating it all-and I don't want to do that! I love making bread, so I might compromise with myself and make a nice loaf of wheat bread, so I can have that with some honey as a snack.

I'm so glad we have these message boards. I think I would have given up a while back if I didn't have these here to lean on. I don't really have anyone to commesurate with face to face, so its nice to have a community I can come to to lean on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.