Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Embarking my 40lbs weight loss journey >

Embarking my 40lbs weight loss journey

Community
Notices

Embarking my 40lbs weight loss journey

Old 12-18-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Embarking my 40lbs weight loss journey

I would like to share my progress with everyone. I hope I can contribute a little motivation to all FitDay Members. A big thank you to everyone. The posts and success stories gave me huge motivation and determination to stick to my weight loss journey.

I am into my second week of my weight loss journey. I lost 2 pounds last week. My usual weigh in is every Thursday but I am too eager to know how I weigh now, so I did a weigh in just 2 days into the second week and gosh! I am surprised to find that I lost another 2 pounds just in 2 days!

The only exercise I did for the past 9 days:
1) Walk down 9 floors to go to work
2) Climb 14 floors to the office
3) Go down 14 floors and back up by stairs during lunch (maybe 2 rounds if I need to run some errands after lunch)
4) Go down the stairs when leaving the office
5) Go up 9 floors when I got home

In total, I can climb 37-51 flights of stairs in a day. I do this 5 days a week.

Food wise:
1) Subway most of the time (I love the wraps more than the bread, so my usual order would be the cheese steak wrap with no sauce, roast beef wrap with no sauce, chicken breast with sweet onion sauce. Sometimes I order veggie delight with sweet onion sauce)

2) Home cooked food by my mum. I have no control over the food cooked at home, so the only thing I did is to control the intake of rice. I cut my rice from 1.5 bowls to 0.75 bowl. However, I still consume the same quantity of meat and veggies.

3) Some rice, veggies, and meat outside. The veggies and meat cooked outside tend to be a little oilier. I cut draw a line to cut my rice into half, ate that half with the amount of veggies and meat needed to go with the rice, and throw the remaining food away.

I eat twice a day usually because I don't wake up early. I usually have my lunch at 12pm and then eat a chocolate cookie at 4pm or so and have my dinner at around 8pm.

I hope I could at least lose 1lb before I do another weigh in on Thursday
Old 12-20-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi and welcome to the board!

Good luck on your journey.. it sounds like you have things well under control. I am impressed you can climb that many stairs ( I cant). That seems like an adequate amount of exercize for someone starting a journey. Perhaps as you lose a little more and want to also tone up other muscles besides legs and butt, you can add a little more routine to it. Other than that, sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep it up!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:33 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks GameGal for the motivational words. I am reaching the second week of weigh-in. I hope I can give some results. I am currently at 138lbs. 4 pounds lost in 12 days. I hope I can see another 1 or 2 lbs by Thursday weigh in.

I'm still climbing the stairs. It's not easy to climb 14 floors. I am doing it slowly and trying to pick up the speed and continuity (without resting for 10 seconds in between) as I go along.

Do you think I should start doing weights? I do agree I need some upper body workouts...

Good luck and keep up with the progress
Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Weights would be good. Any kind if resistance workout and core strength workout is good.

I would caution you about losing too fast. The norm is 1 - 2 lbs a week. It looks like you are hoping more like 4 -5 a week and at that rate, I doubt it will stay off. Remember to not limit your intake so much that you could never live with it the rest of your life. Because this isnt a diet, it is a lifestyle change. So if you are doing something you cant see yourself doing the rest of your life, then it probably isnt going to last.

Happy Holidays and keep up the good work!