FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational 12/19-12/26 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2702-7-day-motivational-12-19-12-26-a.html)

canary52 12-19-2010 02:34 AM

7 Day Motivational 12/19-12/26

Ready to start again everyone? I'll go first.

This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum
3) meditate
4) write
5) do my trope chanting
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off)

And yours?

kittensniffles 12-19-2010 04:01 AM

Hi Ladies,

I completely and unintentionally fell off the motivational thread wagon this past week...finished finals and traveled home to see the family, only to arrive and find out the wireless internet is down! The parents caved and finally bought a new router, which I installed this morning, so I'm back and trying again! Here goes...

1. Food log every day!!!!
2. Be more vigilant about what I'm eating here (too many holiday treats around)
3. Try and use Mom's guest passes for her gym everyday, or atleast get on the exercise bike in the basement.
4. Keep at the 72 ounces of H2O.

Also looking for some advice. My family does not have the best of eating habits, and to magnify things a bit, my mom is the champion of all food pushers. Any suggestions for denying food/eating healthy while I'm here? It's very hard to deny/comment on something in this household without it becoming a huge thing, so I need to figure out a way to carefully try and improve the foods I'm eating and reduce the quantities.

thanks ladies.

Stats:
Height 5'9"
Starting weight: 168.8
last weigh in: 166.8
current weight: not sure! no scale where I'm visiting! ugh.
goal weight: 130

nottango 12-19-2010 10:01 AM

First time posting in this thread. I need a little extra support this week. It's my last week of unemployment, and I've been finding myself wanting to eat more. Partly because I'm nervous, but more because I don't know when I'll get time off again so have gone into "vacation mode" - especially since the kids are off school for the next 2 weeks.
1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)
2. Take multivitamin daily
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.
4. Drink at least 72 oz. water
5. Do something for someone else every day.
6. Continue to log everything.
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.

I'll check in daily.

lilbit0004 12-19-2010 12:12 PM

First Timer

This is my first time using this site. Today was my first day back at the gym since finding out I was pregnant in February. My baby girl was born in October. I need to get this weight off so I can stop obsessing over my body.

My goals this week:

1. Track my food/activities daily
2. Workout 3 days this week
3. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
4. Only say positive things about my body

My goal is to lose 20 pounds by my birthday (February 25th). I have lost 36 pounds since I gave birth. I gained way too much weight for my frame.

cjohnson728 12-20-2010 12:38 AM

Sorry to be so late jumping in this week. Work and holiday preparations have left me with no time...today is the 10th straight day I'll go sunup to night without stopping, but after that it's party time! My last client for a week, last report for a week, and then it's on to the fun stuff :).

Thanks for starting us off, canary; hope you enjoyed the weekend. Welcome, lilbit; I like your goal list. Congrats on becoming a mommy! nottango, glad to see you over on this thread! Kittensniffles, I have some thoughts for you and will get them up there this afternoon but right now I've gotta get out the door!

That being said, I'm keeping it simple:

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night
2. Drink 2-3 big blue water bottles daily
3. Complete paperwork and submit license renewal
4. Account for all the treats in the food log
5. In case of slip-ups, get back on track that day instead of the next.

#1 and #2 are usually not very successful for me, so I keep putting those on the list.

Hope you all are having a great week so far :D

gmantych 12-20-2010 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by lilbit0004 (Post 28975)
This is my first time using this site. Today was my first day back at the gym since finding out I was pregnant in February. My baby girl was born in October. I need to get this weight off so I can stop obsessing over my body.

My goals this week:

1. Track my food/activities daily
2. Workout 3 days this week
3. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
4. Only say positive things about my body

My goal is to lose 20 pounds by my birthday (February 25th). I have lost 36 pounds since I gave birth. I gained way too much weight for my frame.

Congrats on the baby girl!!! My bday is the February 26th! Stay here with us and we can lose 20 lbs by then!!!

gmantych 12-20-2010 01:27 AM

Good morning ladies. Is everyone ready for the Holidays? I am not. I still have right much more shopping to do. Ugh, I dont like shopping!!! My kids are done with the exception of stocking stuffers. Everyone else may be out of luck this year!! LOL No I will drag my rear out after work this week to get it finished.

So here are my few goals this week. I am going to keep it simple since its going to be crazy.

1. Eat 1500 calories Mon-Wed; Thursday-Saturday-Enjoy the food but not over stuff!!
2. Drink 128 oz water EVERY DAY!!!
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily
4. Most important: DO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT

OK I really need to get some work done here. Considering my last day here is Thursday!!!:D So excited!!

canary52 12-20-2010 03:00 AM

This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56
3) meditate: yes
4) write: yes
5) do my trope chanting: yes
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795

BTW I did finally take the clothing to Goodwill (goal last week) so of course, now I have more stuff to bring. It never ends!

Welcome everyone! Welcome back Kittensniffles!!! Can you take some of their food, pretend to eat it and then grab the healthier fruit/salad/protein veg stuff? Or is that silly?

Congrats on the baby, lilbit!!! Don't worry, that baby weight will come off. You've come to the right place!!

Welcome Nottango!!! Glad you're here! I hope this thread helps.

Cassie you sound like you have a lot of your plate (not just talking food here.)

Glenda somehow it will all get done. You'll see. Congrats on your last day!

So glad that people joined in this week despite or mabe because of the holidays!!! Feel free to jump in any time!!!

nottango 12-20-2010 03:45 AM

Sunday's results:
1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)almost - 1635
2. Take multivitamin dailyyes
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.no
4. Drink at least 72 oz. wateryes
5. Do something for someone else every day.yes
6. Continue to log everything.yes
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.yes

not bad!

kittensniffles 12-20-2010 04:10 AM

1. Food log every day!!!!Yes!
2. Be more vigilant about what I'm eating here (too many holiday treats around)Yes
3. Try and use Mom's guest passes for her gym everyday, or atleast get on the exercise bike in the basement.No[/COLOR]
4. Keep at the 72 ounces of H2O.Not Quite.

Stats:
Height 5'9"

cjohnson728 12-20-2010 05:27 PM

Wow...I feel like I'm at the end of a marathon with the work stuff and all the holiday stuff. I've had 10 days straight of 18 hours of nonstop and I am ready to pull it back a notch and enjoy the holidays. I did not do a great job taking care of myself during crunch time so I need to get back on that.

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night No No
2. Drink 2-3 big blue water bottles daily Yes No
3. Complete paperwork and submit license renewal Did Step 1 Did Step 2
4. Account for all the treats in the food log Yes Yes
5. In case of slip-ups, get back on track that day instead of the next. Yes N/A

I did have a slip yesterday but I'll put it in a separate post.

cjohnson728 12-20-2010 05:49 PM

Okay, so my slip was related, in a way, to what Kittensniffles brought up.

I took a 2-hour break yesterday and did some quick shopping and dinner with a friend. My friend is 5'4", 115 pounds, and has always made negative comments about her weight, body parts, flab, etc. I usually just don't engage. Anyway, she was entreating me to eat junk food, "not eat healthy for once," etc., etc. It was an awkward situation. I ended up with enchilada soup and salad but shared the chips and salsa, and I also had a margarita. However, I should say that I ate what I ate because I wanted it, not because of "peer pressure." Identifying that before I ordered was helpful in making sure that I was making the choice for myself, not anyone else.

Kittensniffles, I have the same problem when I go home. I call my mom's house The House of Schizophrenic Food. She lives with my oldest sister and her family. My mom is 78 and a junk food fanatic. My sister has lost boodles of weight on Weight Watchers, works out, and is very health conscious. So, there are very good options there and very bad ones. Having the good ones helps me stay away from the bad ones. I would scope out the good choices and plan my day ahead of time and log the food in first thing in the AM and try not to deviate from it. I also kept up my exercise routine, maybe even cranked it up a notch, because in my mind, I wouldn't want a piece of coffee cake or a handful of Oreos to undo everything I had just sweated for. I also spent a lot of time on FitDay and read online articles on nutrition, health, fitness, etc. to keep myself motivated.

The food pushing issue is annoying, isn't it? My mom didn't "push" food per se, but she has in the past made comments along the lines of "You're too thin," etc. At the very first hint of that, I made it a point to let her know that I was focused on being healthy, not thin. I told her I was working toward being strong, not fragile. And to prove that, I picked up my 14-year-old (who is 5 pounds heavier than me) and carried him up a split-level's half flight of stairs. I ate well while I was there. I am in maintenance now, so that was easier than if I were dieting, but it's hard to complain that someone's not eating when they see you eat, and eat good food. Regarding quantity, you could always point out that many people prefer to eat several small meals instead of three large ones.

Offer to grocery shop, or help? Offer to cook, or help? "I found this new recipe and I'd really like to try it out on you guys?" When I go to my mom's I often take my own snacks. Yah, I usually have them in the car (it's an 11-hour drive), but once I'm there, I have my almonds, my fiber cereal, and so on.

I totally hear you on things becoming a big issue. Sometimes you just gotta nod, smile, agree...and then do your own thing.

I hope you keep checking in. Even just coming on and typing out a list of what you're trying not to eat can be helpful!!

gmantych 12-21-2010 12:15 AM

Report for Monday:

1. Eat 1500 calories Mon-Wed; Thursday-Saturday-Enjoy the food but not over stuff!!, NO
2. Drink 128 oz water EVERY DAY!!!, Yes
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, Yes
4. Most important: DO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT, So far, so good

I started the day really great yesterday and then fell at lunch. Our employee lunch was yesterday and they catered BBQ, Fried Chicken, slaw, potato salad and banana pudding!!! Yes I enjoyed but then I went a little light on dinner. I think I ended up around 1800 calories.

So far so good today. If I can just make it through this week without gaining weight I think I will have accomplished alot. I have really got to buckle down next week though. I started my healthy weight loss journey a little over 12 weeks ago. I have only lost 20 lbs. I am very happy about that but I would like to keep it at an average of 2 per week so I think I am about 4lbs shy of that. So with everyone's support and great knowledge 2011 is going to me my year!!

nottango 12-21-2010 01:10 AM

1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)almost - 1635yes
2. Take multivitamin dailyyesyes
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.noyes
4. Drink at least 72 oz. wateryesyes
5. Do something for someone else every day.yesyes
6. Continue to log everything.yesyes
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.yesyes

Perfect day yesterday. Taking the train to the city today, so am planning some treats. Started the day with a good workout shoveling! And the Bears won last night! Life is good.

cjohnson728 12-21-2010 02:44 AM

Look at you, 7 for 7! Congrats on a strong day!

canary52 12-21-2010 03:08 AM

This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!
3) meditate: yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439

Cassie, great advice to Kittensniffles. It sounds like your friend was doing some version of the food pushing thing herself. Why can't people jsut leave us make our own choices?

Glenda 1800 was not bad, considering the food. You got to enjoy yourself and you didn't go too overboard and you made up for it later. 2011 will be your year!!!

Nottango you did so well!!! And I'm glad you had such a great day!!! I could use one myself.

kittensniffles 12-21-2010 04:12 AM

1. Food log every day!!!!Yes!Yes!
2. Be more vigilant about what I'm eating here (too many holiday treats around)YesYes
3. Try and use Mom's guest passes for her gym everyday, or atleast get on the exercise bike in the basement.No[/color]Yes
4. Keep at the 72 ounces of H2O.Not Quite.Yes

Stats:
Height 5'9"

kittensniffles 12-21-2010 04:19 AM

Cassie,

Thanks for all the great advice. After being pretty discouraged the first couple days I'm doing a lot better. I have been making at least one healthy side dish every night we make dinner and I try to stick to eating that and whatever protein is available. Went to the grocery store with my mom and got some greek yogurt singles that I've been having for breakfast. I know the hardest portions are still to come, we're starting our cookie baking tonight, and I'm sure christmas dinner will be tough (even though I've convinced my mom to make our swedish meatballs with lean ground turkey instead of beef, yay!). Luckily I head home (or rather, back to Colorado, we'll probably be at boyfriend's grandma's until new years). They are super heath conscience people though, and I'll be back to my 5 month old puppy, which means a ton of exercise for me since he's so energetic. Thanks for the support! It's so helpful to hear from someone who has successfully reached their goal!!

gmantych 12-21-2010 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 29146)
This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!
3) meditate: yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439

Cassie, great advice to Kittensniffles. It sounds like your friend was doing some version of the food pushing thing herself. Why can't people jsut leave us make our own choices?

Glenda 1800 was not bad, considering the food. You got to enjoy yourself and you didn't go too overboard and you made up for it later. 2011 will be your year!!!

Nottango you did so well!!! And I'm glad you had such a great day!!! I could use one myself.

You are doing an awesome job this week!!!! Were you floating yesterday. I have finished 92 oz of water so far today and still have 36 more. It is harder some days than others.

canary52 12-21-2010 08:01 AM

Thanks for the support, Glenda! Actually I wasn't floating (LOL) yesterday; it was actually easier than I thought. Today not so much. As you say, some days are easier than others. 48 oz so far and counting. I can only aspire to 128 for now!!!!

MunaAmin 12-21-2010 06:28 PM

this week I will:

1) Eat no more than 2000kcal (am exclusively bfeedin a 3month-old)
2) Burn at least 2500kcal every day
3) Do 16km on my bike every 2nd day
4) Do 30 min DVD on the non-bike days
5) Shout less on my kids and DH

canary52 12-21-2010 11:51 PM

This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!/at home abs and legs
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!/104
3) meditate: yes/yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough/yes, tried something new
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes/yes
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439/1179

Welcome MunaAmin; your goals sound good! I hope you can achieve them!!! You'll get lots of support here, that's for sure!

I probably should add to my goals try not to eat too much when my father-in-law comes up this weekend. He loves to eat in restaurants and I always always overeat when he's here. So unofficial goal #7, have a plan before we go out or stay in and snack.

Hey Glenda, 104 oz of water! Woo hoo!

gmantych 12-22-2010 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 29204)
This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!/at home abs and legs
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!/104
3) meditate: yes/yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough/yes, tried something new
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes/yes
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439/1179

Welcome MunaAmin; your goals sound good! I hope you can achieve them!!! You'll get lots of support here, that's for sure!

I probably should add to my goals try not to eat too much when my father-in-law comes up this weekend. He loves to eat in restaurants and I always always overeat when he's here. So unofficial goal #7, have a plan before we go out or stay in and snack.

Hey Glenda, 104 oz of water! Woo hoo!

Yay!!! Great job. I barely got my water intake in yesterday. It was right at 128 oz! I will be glad when some more weight comes off so I decrease my water intake a little. You know though, when I dont drink enough I can tell the difference. It's amazing what that clear liquid does!!

gmantych 12-22-2010 12:34 AM

Report for Tuesday:

1. Eat 1500 calories Mon-Wed; Thursday-Saturday-Enjoy the food but not over stuff!!, NO, No
2. Drink 128 oz water EVERY DAY!!!, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, Yes, Yes
4. Most important: DO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT, So far, so good, still no gain!!

This is definately a hard week! I honestly will be glad to see Christmas come and go. I am excited for the kids, I cant wait for them to open their gifts but mom is stressed to the max!! I start a new job Tuesday, so I am trying to prepare for that. As well as finish up loose end with the company I currently work for since Thursday is my last full time day. The big boss asked me this morning if I would continue to do their billing for them until they found someone. Of course I said yes because I have a hard time saying no and I could use the extra $. But I have no idea how I can accomplish this. I guess nights and weekends!

So is everyone finished with their shopping? I still have more to buy so I am going out tonight after work and finish up on Friday. I am really behind this year!!:D

nottango 12-22-2010 01:29 AM

Tuesday:
1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)almost - 1635yesno
2. Take multivitamin dailyyesyesyes
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.noyesyes
4. Drink at least 72 oz. wateryesyesno
5. Do something for someone else every day.yesyesyes
6. Continue to log everything.yesyesyes
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.yesyesno

Hey, gmantych - I'm starting a new job next week, too. Trying to be excited about it, but it's further away and less $ (20% less!) than the job I lost in October. Canary, you're doing well! I didn't do too bad - created a new food for the cotton candy I ate!
Munamin - I was STARVING the entire time I was breastfeeding. Don't think I coulda limited myself to 2000 cal's. Congrat's on the baby girl. I wasn't able to lose any weight until I was able to get sleep (years later, as I'm a single mom).
Kittensniffles - I totally revert to a teenager whenever I go to my parents' or sister's house. I feel constantly hungry, though I know I'm not. Stress, I guess. Luckily, they're within short driving distance now, so I can limit the time I spend there.
Ran outside this morning, and it was COLD. But glad I got it over with! Have a great day everyone!

Asianlady 12-22-2010 02:33 AM

Late Jump in

Jumping in mid of the week. Nonetheless, goals for the week:

1) Go to the gym every alternate day for 20 minutes of burst training.
2) Continue with the stair climbing routine everyday to the office and to home.
3) Maintain at 1100 calorie intake.
4) Start with weights training on days not doing burst training.
5) Continue to drink 70oz of water everyday.

gmantych 12-22-2010 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by nottango (Post 29209)
Tuesday:
1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)almost - 1635yesno
2. Take multivitamin dailyyesyesyes
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.noyesyes
4. Drink at least 72 oz. wateryesyesno
5. Do something for someone else every day.yesyesyes
6. Continue to log everything.yesyesyes
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.yesyesno

Hey, gmantych - I'm starting a new job next week, too. Trying to be excited about it, but it's further away and less $ (20% less!) than the job I lost in October. Canary, you're doing well! I didn't do too bad - created a new food for the cotton candy I ate!
Munamin - I was STARVING the entire time I was breastfeeding. Don't think I coulda limited myself to 2000 cal's. Congrat's on the baby girl. I wasn't able to lose any weight until I was able to get sleep (years later, as I'm a single mom).
Kittensniffles - I totally revert to a teenager whenever I go to my parents' or sister's house. I feel constantly hungry, though I know I'm not. Stress, I guess. Luckily, they're within short driving distance now, so I can limit the time I spend there.

Hang in there, something else will come up. I swear its easier to find a job when you already have one!;)
Ran outside this morning, and it was COLD. But glad I got it over with! Have a great day everyone!

I know how you feel about taking a pay cut. I left work last year when my mom got sick so I could be with her. It took me almost a year to find my current job and I had to take 31% decrease in pay. But I had to think of it in the positive. It was more than I was making sitting at home after my unemployment ran out!! But with my new job I am getting a nice increase so I will almost be back at my normal salary. Which will be nice since DH's work is so slow.

gmantych 12-22-2010 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Asianlady (Post 29215)
Jumping in mid of the week. Nonetheless, goals for the week:

1) Go to the gym every alternate day for 20 minutes of burst training.
2) Continue with the stair climbing routine everyday to the office and to home.
3) Maintain at 1100 calorie intake.
4) Start with weights training on days not doing burst training.
5) Continue to drink 70oz of water everyday.

Glad you are here. Its never to late to join!!

kittensniffles 12-22-2010 05:34 AM

another fairly successful day yesterday. Yay! I really do wish there was a scale here though. And more time to work out, although in some ways I'm sure holiday shopping counts as some sort of competitive sport. :D

1. Food log every day!!!!Yes!Yes!Yes!
2. Be more vigilant about what I'm eating here (too many holiday treats around)YesYesYep
3. Try and use Mom's guest passes for her gym everyday, or atleast get on the exercise bike in the basement.No[/COLOR]Yes No
4. Keep at the 72 ounces of H2O.Not Quite.Yes Yes!

Stats:
Height 5'9"

kcolville 12-22-2010 05:36 AM

How does this work? at the start of the week i post goals and then the next week i say which ones i have completed?

My weekly goals:
1.Think about portions
2.Workout 4 times
3.Drink 8 glasses of water a day
4.Do not spend any more money on christmas-SAVE!
5.Build my self-will up again-

ps. my name is kaitlin :)

canary52 12-22-2010 06:02 AM

Hi Kailtlin! Hi Shermaine! I'm glad you could join us. It doesn't matter when you jump on; you just list your goals and try your best!

Kittensniffles, great to hear from you; you're doing great! I think just being near my family makes me put on weight.

This is such a stressful time of year, even with all the joy, I can't even imagine dealing with starting a new job in all this.

MunaAmin, I remember that at the time I was nursing my daughter, there was a local bakery that made this incredible chocolate chip cake ring. I think I ate at least 2000 calories of that nearly every day for quite a while. On top of the other food I was inhaling. So your goal is better than the ones I had back then! I think my child was about 4 before I realized I could no longer call it " baby weight."

Peace everyone! Good luck with the shopping and all the holiday stuff,
Hope (aka Canary 52; one day I will figure out how to add a signature.)

Gotta go drink another glass of water; I'm slipping!

Asianlady 12-22-2010 05:38 PM

Thanks Glenda and Canary for the warm welcome. Today is my weekly weigh-in. Fingers crossed. I hope I see some changes tonight. Still going strong on the stair climbing but didn't hit the gym today :(

Will report in tonight with my goals' progress and the weigh in result.

Have a great day ahead everyone :D

gmantych 12-23-2010 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by kcolville (Post 29244)
How does this work? at the start of the week i post goals and then the next week i say which ones i have completed?

My weekly goals:
1.Think about portions
2.Workout 4 times
3.Drink 8 glasses of water a day
4.Do not spend any more money on christmas-SAVE!
5.Build my self-will up again-

ps. my name is kaitlin :)

Welcome Kaitlin! We post our goals for the week and update daily. That way you can see your progress throughout the week. Alot of times I dont want to post my report from the previous day:rolleyes: but everyone gives support and feedback. We try to keep everyone motivated!!

gmantych 12-23-2010 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 29254)
Hi Kailtlin! Hi Shermaine! I'm glad you could join us. It doesn't matter when you jump on; you just list your goals and try your best!

Kittensniffles, great to hear from you; you're doing great! I think just being near my family makes me put on weight.

This is such a stressful time of year, even with all the joy, I can't even imagine dealing with starting a new job in all this.

MunaAmin, I remember that at the time I was nursing my daughter, there was a local bakery that made this incredible chocolate chip cake ring. I think I ate at least 2000 calories of that nearly every day for quite a while. On top of the other food I was inhaling. So your goal is better than the ones I had back then! I think my child was about 4 before I realized I could no longer call it " baby weight."

Peace everyone! Good luck with the shopping and all the holiday stuff,
Hope (aka Canary 52; one day I will figure out how to add a signature.)

Gotta go drink another glass of water; I'm slipping!

Drink up!!!

To add a signature go to User CP listed right above the forums. Click on Edit Signature, (toward the middle of the list), and type in what you want your signature to say or read!

gmantych 12-23-2010 12:39 AM

Report for Wednesday:

1. Eat 1500 calories Mon-Wed; Thursday-Saturday-Enjoy the food but not over stuff!!, NO, No, Close 1600-1700
2. Drink 128 oz water EVERY DAY!!!, Yes, Yes, No
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Most important: DO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT, So far, so good, still no gain!!, [COLOR="deepskyblue"]:D[/COLOR

Not a horrible day yesterday. Went a little over with the cheese and crackers sitting out at work. Got some more shopping done last night. I only have 4 more people to buy for and then I am done.

We have our first dinner tonight with family. We are going to my DH's dads house. They are serving prime rib and baked potatoes!!:eek: You know what, I am so going to enjoy that nice steak! I am going to try and take Hope's advice and eat light today, not starve myself, just lighter. I also plan to walk on the treadmill tonight after we get home!! I am going to try and do the same thing tomorrow when we go to his mothers house. Goal # 4 is the one and only goal I am determined to accomplish this week!

nottango 12-23-2010 03:01 AM

1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)almost - 1635yesnoyes
2. Take multivitamin dailyyesyesyesyes
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.noyesyesyes
4. Drink at least 72 oz. wateryesyesnoyes
5. Do something for someone else every day.yesyesyesyes
6. Continue to log everything.yesyesyesyes
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.yesyesnoyes

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I had another good day yesterday, and ran already this morning. Planning to go over tomorrow and Christmas, but this thread is really keeping me conscientious.
Happy celebrating everyone! Don't forget to stay hydrated!

canary52 12-23-2010 03:04 AM

This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!/at home abs and legs/yes gym
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!/104/"]52[/COLOR] :(
3) meditate: yes/yes/yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough/yes, tried something new/yes but not seriously
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes/yes/[COLOR="green"]no[ :(/COLOR]
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439/1179/1447

Thanks for the instructions, Glenda! I did it now how do I get my signature to appear in my post?

Hope

gmantych 12-23-2010 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 29317)
This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!/at home abs and legs/yes gym
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!/104/"]52[/COLOR] :(
3) meditate: yes/yes/yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough/yes, tried something new/yes but not seriously
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes/yes/[COLOR="green"]no[ :(/COLOR]
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439/1179/1447

Thanks for the instructions, Glenda! I did it now how do I get my signature to appear in my post?

Hope

If I remember correctly you just save it and the next time you post it will be there. It looks like you did it correct, I saw a thread you started somewhere else and it was there!!

canary52 12-23-2010 05:41 AM

Yup! Thanks, honey bee!

Asianlady 12-23-2010 01:51 PM

Report for Thursday:

1) Go to the gym every alternate day for 20 minutes of burst training. No
2) Continue with the stair climbing routine everyday to the office and to home. Yes
3) Maintain at 1100 calorie intake. Yes
4) Start with weights training on days not doing burst training. No
5) Continue to drink 70oz of water everyday. No but close! 61oz

This is downright bad :( I'm still working on drinking more water! Sometimes work got busy and I forgot all about it... I'm just so lazy waking up early to go to the gym and I really gotta stop being a lazy bum. I missed my weigh in yesterday too. Will definitely do so tonight.

Enjoy your holidays peeps! Have a merry merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!