FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational 12/19-12/26 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2702-7-day-motivational-12-19-12-26-a.html)

MunaAmin 12-21-2010 06:28 PM

this week I will:

1) Eat no more than 2000kcal (am exclusively bfeedin a 3month-old)
2) Burn at least 2500kcal every day
3) Do 16km on my bike every 2nd day
4) Do 30 min DVD on the non-bike days
5) Shout less on my kids and DH

canary52 12-21-2010 11:51 PM

This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!/at home abs and legs
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!/104
3) meditate: yes/yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough/yes, tried something new
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes/yes
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439/1179

Welcome MunaAmin; your goals sound good! I hope you can achieve them!!! You'll get lots of support here, that's for sure!

I probably should add to my goals try not to eat too much when my father-in-law comes up this weekend. He loves to eat in restaurants and I always always overeat when he's here. So unofficial goal #7, have a plan before we go out or stay in and snack.

Hey Glenda, 104 oz of water! Woo hoo!

gmantych 12-22-2010 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 29204)
This week I will:
1) exercise 3x this week minimum: yes/yes and I worked hard!!!/at home abs and legs
2) drink 64 oz water daily minimum: 56/96 yow!/104
3) meditate: yes/yes/yes
4) write: yes/yes but not enough/yes, tried something new
5) do my trope chanting: yes/yes/yes
6) try to eat under 1500 calories (with one day off):1795/1439/1179

Welcome MunaAmin; your goals sound good! I hope you can achieve them!!! You'll get lots of support here, that's for sure!

I probably should add to my goals try not to eat too much when my father-in-law comes up this weekend. He loves to eat in restaurants and I always always overeat when he's here. So unofficial goal #7, have a plan before we go out or stay in and snack.

Hey Glenda, 104 oz of water! Woo hoo!

Yay!!! Great job. I barely got my water intake in yesterday. It was right at 128 oz! I will be glad when some more weight comes off so I decrease my water intake a little. You know though, when I dont drink enough I can tell the difference. It's amazing what that clear liquid does!!

gmantych 12-22-2010 12:34 AM

Report for Tuesday:

1. Eat 1500 calories Mon-Wed; Thursday-Saturday-Enjoy the food but not over stuff!!, NO, No
2. Drink 128 oz water EVERY DAY!!!, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, Yes, Yes
4. Most important: DO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT, So far, so good, still no gain!!

This is definately a hard week! I honestly will be glad to see Christmas come and go. I am excited for the kids, I cant wait for them to open their gifts but mom is stressed to the max!! I start a new job Tuesday, so I am trying to prepare for that. As well as finish up loose end with the company I currently work for since Thursday is my last full time day. The big boss asked me this morning if I would continue to do their billing for them until they found someone. Of course I said yes because I have a hard time saying no and I could use the extra $. But I have no idea how I can accomplish this. I guess nights and weekends!

So is everyone finished with their shopping? I still have more to buy so I am going out tonight after work and finish up on Friday. I am really behind this year!!:D

nottango 12-22-2010 01:29 AM

Tuesday:
1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)almost - 1635yesno
2. Take multivitamin dailyyesyesyes
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.noyesyes
4. Drink at least 72 oz. wateryesyesno
5. Do something for someone else every day.yesyesyes
6. Continue to log everything.yesyesyes
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.yesyesno

Hey, gmantych - I'm starting a new job next week, too. Trying to be excited about it, but it's further away and less $ (20% less!) than the job I lost in October. Canary, you're doing well! I didn't do too bad - created a new food for the cotton candy I ate!
Munamin - I was STARVING the entire time I was breastfeeding. Don't think I coulda limited myself to 2000 cal's. Congrat's on the baby girl. I wasn't able to lose any weight until I was able to get sleep (years later, as I'm a single mom).
Kittensniffles - I totally revert to a teenager whenever I go to my parents' or sister's house. I feel constantly hungry, though I know I'm not. Stress, I guess. Luckily, they're within short driving distance now, so I can limit the time I spend there.
Ran outside this morning, and it was COLD. But glad I got it over with! Have a great day everyone!

Asianlady 12-22-2010 02:33 AM

Late Jump in

Jumping in mid of the week. Nonetheless, goals for the week:

1) Go to the gym every alternate day for 20 minutes of burst training.
2) Continue with the stair climbing routine everyday to the office and to home.
3) Maintain at 1100 calorie intake.
4) Start with weights training on days not doing burst training.
5) Continue to drink 70oz of water everyday.

gmantych 12-22-2010 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by nottango (Post 29209)
Tuesday:
1. Limit calories to 1600 (except for Christmas day)almost - 1635yesno
2. Take multivitamin dailyyesyesyes
3. exercise 4 days/45 minutes each.noyesyes
4. Drink at least 72 oz. wateryesyesno
5. Do something for someone else every day.yesyesyes
6. Continue to log everything.yesyesyes
7. 5 fruits.veg's per day.yesyesno

Hey, gmantych - I'm starting a new job next week, too. Trying to be excited about it, but it's further away and less $ (20% less!) than the job I lost in October. Canary, you're doing well! I didn't do too bad - created a new food for the cotton candy I ate!
Munamin - I was STARVING the entire time I was breastfeeding. Don't think I coulda limited myself to 2000 cal's. Congrat's on the baby girl. I wasn't able to lose any weight until I was able to get sleep (years later, as I'm a single mom).
Kittensniffles - I totally revert to a teenager whenever I go to my parents' or sister's house. I feel constantly hungry, though I know I'm not. Stress, I guess. Luckily, they're within short driving distance now, so I can limit the time I spend there.

Hang in there, something else will come up. I swear its easier to find a job when you already have one!;)
Ran outside this morning, and it was COLD. But glad I got it over with! Have a great day everyone!

I know how you feel about taking a pay cut. I left work last year when my mom got sick so I could be with her. It took me almost a year to find my current job and I had to take 31% decrease in pay. But I had to think of it in the positive. It was more than I was making sitting at home after my unemployment ran out!! But with my new job I am getting a nice increase so I will almost be back at my normal salary. Which will be nice since DH's work is so slow.

gmantych 12-22-2010 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Asianlady (Post 29215)
Jumping in mid of the week. Nonetheless, goals for the week:

1) Go to the gym every alternate day for 20 minutes of burst training.
2) Continue with the stair climbing routine everyday to the office and to home.
3) Maintain at 1100 calorie intake.
4) Start with weights training on days not doing burst training.
5) Continue to drink 70oz of water everyday.

Glad you are here. Its never to late to join!!

kittensniffles 12-22-2010 05:34 AM

another fairly successful day yesterday. Yay! I really do wish there was a scale here though. And more time to work out, although in some ways I'm sure holiday shopping counts as some sort of competitive sport. :D

1. Food log every day!!!!Yes!Yes!Yes!
2. Be more vigilant about what I'm eating here (too many holiday treats around)YesYesYep
3. Try and use Mom's guest passes for her gym everyday, or atleast get on the exercise bike in the basement.No[/COLOR]Yes No
4. Keep at the 72 ounces of H2O.Not Quite.Yes Yes!

Stats:
Height 5'9"
Starting weight: 168.8
last weigh in: 166.8
current weight: not sure! no scale where I'm visiting! ugh.
goal weight: 130

kcolville 12-22-2010 05:36 AM

How does this work? at the start of the week i post goals and then the next week i say which ones i have completed?

My weekly goals:
1.Think about portions
2.Workout 4 times
3.Drink 8 glasses of water a day
4.Do not spend any more money on christmas-SAVE!
5.Build my self-will up again-

ps. my name is kaitlin :)