Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread anyone?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread anyone?

This thread really helped me. Would anyone like to start one again with me?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

I will join. I have missed the thread so much. I check FitDay several times at work and here lately there is no one posting! I hope it picks back up after the holidays!

When are we starting?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

YES! We are heading into serious accountability time . Start Monday? Weekend?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Oh good! I am so glad you are with me on this one! I missed this thread too!!!

Sorry, I just figured out how to add a new thread; OK I'm technologically challenged, I admit it. There is something right above the posts that says new thread... maybe I should try this to start a new thread?...DUUUUUHHHH!!!

So how `bout we start this Sunday? Is that good for all? Try to get us all through this holiday season without too much damage, yes? We'll help motivate each other. Sounds like a plan!

Last edited by canary52; 12-09-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Sunday works for me. I just had a professional-to professional gift delivered today. Usually he sends fruit. This time it's Godiva, mini cookies, chocolate almonds and peanut butter pretzels

I need all the help I can get; I'm going to start baking soon Work's been too crazy, so if I make cookies now, the stress will have me sucking them like a Hoover.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Be strong, Cassie! You can do this. Can you recycle any of his gift? (to me for example, like those almonds or those pb pretzels, JK!) Can you fit in a little cheat, with your homebaked cookies, perhaps, without going of the rails? Or are you like me, once you go down that road it's hard to stop? DD keeps asking why I haven't been baking in a while; this is why! Maybe homemade bath salts could be a good gift? At least we won't eat them!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Sure, Canary, send me your address! I tried to get rid of them at work, but no takers. But I live with guys, so hopefully they will disappear quickly.

I do fine as long as I don't get started, but once I do, unless I really plan, therein lies the disaster. My brain tricks itself into believing that this is the ONLY time in the history of my life that I will EVER have access to said food, so I respond by eating as much of it as possible .

I usually chew gum when I bake, and if I keep the cookies in the basement closet or somewhere not-lying-around-on-the-counter-where-I-can-see-them-all-the-time, I will do better. I will calculate them all up and log them, I hope. We'll see how it goes. Last year between Thanksgiving and Jan 4, I gained 7 pounds. I started FitDay on Jan 5!

Yes, if you eat the bath salts, you probably won't be eating much of anything else for the next few days!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

I need it too. I think I've sort of given up on reaching my goal, feeling like, "Oh well, it's winter, time to eat and pack on the pounds." NO NO ! I starved and worked out 5x a week and ran 20 miles a week for 9 months, only to gain all the weight back again in one month?!?! How can I gain weight so fast--it's beyond me. This morning I was 116 and right now I'm 124. I know it's probably water and food weight but it still frightens me b/c I totally overate and my daughter is sick so I haven't worked out all week and today I ate 4 brownies and a half pint of Ben and Jerry's! Maybe it's all PMS.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday is perfect for me. This has been a rough week. DH took my scales after I weighed Monday morning and wont give them back until this coming Monday. I am sure its probably good because I have been focusing too much on that # but I am going crazy not being able to weigh. I am so scared what it is going to show Monday!

I just had a huge tempation. I took my DD to McDonalds with a friend to get ice cream after dinner. The little girls mom met us there and I got to enjoy watching her eat a big mac and french fries. That used to be my favorite burger at McDonalds!! I did good though. Didnt fall in the tempation. Thank goodness I had just eaten dinner at home. Chicken Tacos, so much better.

Dont send any of those treats my way!! lol I work in a nursing home so we get plenty of goodies at the holidays. Doing my best to stay away. I actually start a new job in two weeks. I am worried how the set up is for the breakroom. Now I have access to a frig, microwave, and a toaster. I sure hope I have that at my new job so I can continue to bring my lunch.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I would like to jump back in on Sunday too! I have not been doing nearly as well with my eating and drinking enough water as I was when posting here.

I think we could all use the support during the holidays! We are having our annual neighborhood dessert night at my house tomorrow and I have been baking (and snacking) and of course there will be lots of new things to try that the others bring.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.