FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread anyone? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2607-7-day-motivational-thread-anyone.html)

mommaof2girls 12-09-2010 07:45 PM

Hi all! I'm new to this and was wondering if I could join. Could really use the support. Thanks!!!

cjohnson728 12-10-2010 12:04 AM

Sure, Momma, the more the merrier! On Sunday we will post a thread and we'll all put in the goals we're working on for the week, and usually update each evening on how we did that day for each goal. Look for it on Sunday and jump on in!

almeeker 12-10-2010 01:23 AM

Oh glory be, I need this thread again, count me in. I was sick for about 10 days, dropped 15 pounds, but I'm sure it was mostly water weight because as soon as I could keep food down I was back up by 10 pounds. I haven't been logging this week, I've been absolutely nuts with the Christmas preparations. After losing like 2 weeks belly up with the flu, I'm in deep trouble for time. Anyway even without the logging I've been okay calorie wise, and I'm getting back in the saddle energy/workout wise although I'm not quite back up to where I was yet. My solution for baking is to make things I don't love. So we're neck deep in gingerbread around here. Besides if you eat too much of the gingerbread, you won't have enough left to build the little houses. Next I'm on to fruit cake (DH loves it, I won't touch it). I did make a batch of 7th Heaven Turtles, which was a mistake, but I cut them into 1"x1" squares and only allowed myself 4/day. At that size they were only about 50 calories, instead of the 600 they would be if I'd cut them the way I prefer to. Well I'll check back on Sunday.

canary52 12-10-2010 02:47 AM

It looks like we're all in the same (leaky) boat here. I'm glad this thread got a good response so we can help support each other.

Recently I went on Lyrica for my fibromyalgia. Honestly, I was hesistant to go on because of the weight gain associated with this drug. But I needed to do something to feel better and other stuff I tried wasn't working. And at first I was doing OK, even losing some. But now it seems to have caught up with me. I gained 3-4 lbs for no other reason than this drug and the fact that my scale is psycho and hates me (and OK it could have been the chocolate I inhaled but it wasn't that much! I swear) This week I have been restricting calories and still can't seem to shake the weight. Last night, I swear I gained weight just looking at the Wendy's meal DD was eating.

Gotta nip this is the bud! In the butt? The hips? The waist? And yes in those flabby grandma arms I'm developing. I stop waving and they don't!!! Too scary!!!

BTW I love that Almeeker!~ Bake stuff for the holidays that I don't like! And what would that be? Calves liver cookies anyone? Yeech.

Welcome mommaof2girls and I'm glad to see everyone here! This kind of thread always helped me and I hope it helps you all too!

mommaof2girls 12-10-2010 06:42 AM

Thank you all so much! I need all the support I can get. I know that is what I've been missing out on and why I haven't been doing well. Now that I am not working any more it has been much harder, being home and able to eat whenever I feel like it. And all of my friends are all "little bitty things" as they put it so talking with them doesn't do any good (I mean really, who wants to hear about how that size 2 is too big now and it is hard to find a 0...gag!) So I appreciate you all welcoming me here and can't wait to start Sunday night! :)

Darlean 12-10-2010 09:53 AM

Back again!

Hi,all. It's good to be back on this helpful thread again. almeeker, I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. I was also very sick for about a week, but I didn't lose anything at all, in fact, I gained because of all the inactivity. Still have a nagging cough that doesn't want to go away and it has been about three weeks now. I did finally get my run in today, though. That felt so good. I'm anxious to get this started on Sunday with everyone else here. You're all so wonderful and helpful. Looking forward to keeping up with everyone and making even more "healthy" friends. We can do this, ladies!!

rubypeanut 12-10-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 28000)
It looks like we're all in the same (leaky) boat here. I'm glad this thread got a good response so we can help support each other.

Recently I went on Lyrica for my fibromyalgia. Honestly, I was hesistant to go on because of the weight gain associated with this drug. But I needed to do something to feel better and other stuff I tried wasn't working. And at first I was doing OK, even losing some. But now it seems to have caught up with me. I gained 3-4 lbs for no other reason than this drug and the fact that my scale is psycho and hates me (and OK it could have been the chocolate I inhaled but it wasn't that much! I swear) This week I have been restricting calories and still can't seem to shake the weight. Last night, I swear I gained weight just looking at the Wendy's meal DD was eating.

Gotta nip this is the bud! In the butt? The hips? The waist? And yes in those flabby grandma arms I'm developing. I stop waving and they don't!!! Too scary!!!

BTW I love that Almeeker!~ Bake stuff for the holidays that I don't like! And what would that be? Calves liver cookies anyone? Yeech.

Welcome mommaof2girls and I'm glad to see everyone here! This kind of thread always helped me and I hope it helps you all too!

Winter and foods and new meds = no fun, I am in the same boat!

canary52 12-11-2010 03:08 AM

Let's not give up! We'll encourage each other!!! As Momma says of herself, we can do this!!!

rubypeanut 12-11-2010 04:36 AM

Yes we can!

Although now I've caught my daugher's cold, phooey! I forgot how lousy it feels to be tired and sick. Maybe this way I won't have much appetite although I'm guzzling honey tea for my throat.

canary52 12-11-2010 11:50 AM

I'm so sorry you're sick. I just spent 2 weeks with a head cold. And kids are great at sharing that stuff, aren't they? My daughter used to come home and sneeze into the fridge. Gee thanks, honey!! On so many levels.

Maybe your goals could be mellow, like taking care of yourself, eating nourishing stuff. I think honey tea is the way to go!!! Lots of clear liquids! Flush that cold out!