Community
Notices

I Only Have One Day to Live!

Old 12-03-2010, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Wink I Only Have One Day to Live!

Sounds shocking doesn't it? But it's TRUE!

Yesterday is gone.... forever. Tomorrow is not promised to me.

So that leaves only today... right now!

Sure, I would love to lose this extra 30 lbs. I am carrying around, but I can't do that today.

Instead I can enjoy living, breathing, moving and eating temperately of some delicious vegan food TODAY.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

I like this. ^^
Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

May i ask you, where do you get your protein from, if you don't want to eat soya stuff? I was a vegan once, but only shortly because of that. Have to say, it's very refreshing on body and mind to go vegetarian or vegan from time to time.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Very true!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Vegan protein

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
May i ask you, where do you get your protein from, if you don't want to eat soya stuff? I was a vegan once, but only shortly because of that. Have to say, it's very refreshing on body and mind to go vegetarian or vegan from time to time.
There are lots of protein sources in vegetable and grains. I live in a place where there are abundant vegan foods in the grocery stores. You can find more about vegan proteins at this website - you may find the chart of protein levels of vegan foods helpful.

Protein in the Vegan Diet -- The Vegetarian Resource Group

If you don't like soy, tempeh is not for you, but you might try seitan, which is essentially "wheat meat." My favorite use of seitan is in a sandwich with lots of vegan barbecue sauce.

Beans are a major source of protein in the vegan diet, as the chart shows. It doesn't have to be soybeans - lots of beans are good. Nuts also have protein, and since they also have fats that are not saturated, they can play a role in preventing heart disease (as long as they are in in their natural state and not cooked in oil and coated in salt).

Quinoa is a delicious grain that packs a lot of protein as well. It is also gluten-free for those with gluten intolerance.

Anyway, when I eat vegan I feel so much better. I get fewer colds, and my body just feels happier. I don't have a problem getting enough protein. It's definitely worth a try, especially for anyone trying to lose weight. Once the weight is off, it can be a challenge to keep it at the same level, but that's what vegan cupcakes and frozen desserts are for.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

It is so nice to see other vegans on FitDay