Notices

22 lbs by June Monday Weigh-In

Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default 22 lbs by June Monday Weigh-In

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend. This morning I weighed 133.4. So, it was a good first week , of course, it won't be like this each week, I'm sure. I was heavy on the fruits and vegetables and low in the pasta-bread carbs. I upped my protein a bit but don't think this is a diet I could continue forever. I am just hoping to make a habit of starting out my day with fruits (bananas and grapefruits, for example) and cutting out much of the "bad" carbs, (regular pasta and breads) and increasing my protein.

I am starting my exercise plan today--hoping for cardio MWF and weights T-Th.
Even if I just get 15 min. of each to start, I just want to get the routine going.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for starting this thread. I posted in the other one too but to summarize:

Caved in to some temptations on Friday night. Didn't eat so well at lunch on Saturday. Developed a stomach ache and fever Saturday night that lasted into the day on Sunday. Only had soup and bread on Sunday.

The scale read: 171.2 lbs this morning which was nice after having gotten stuck at 173.something lbs for a while.

It's motivated me to try harder this week to create those deficits through a better diet and more exercise. Hopefully by next week I'll be in the 160s (albeit high 160 but still!).
Old 12-06-2010, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

I posted on the other thread too. Today I weigh 138. I seem to be stuck around 136-138 plus or minus for months so maybe this thread will give me motivation. My goal was to be 132 by the end of this month; still sorta hoping but I might have to adjust, maybe 134. Ultimately I would to be somewhere around what MischaKitty listed, for me maybe between 116 and 125, depending on how things go. At this point, I'd be happy to break the 130s.

We can achieve our goals. Right?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

drug myself out of bed to weigh in first thing this morning, house still dark and really, really cold, and... 167.5 *sigh* i'm hoping that this is just typical bloat (i can count on seeing a 3lb increase). i'm also wondering if this is my setpoint weight.. i always seem to get stuck here, which is inferiorating because it's still overweight!!!

well, goodbye holiday parties with a champagne glass in my hand.... to get over this plateau or whatever it is, I'll be making these changes -
-totally booze-free (not like i drink that much anyway)
-drink two big water bottles daily
-working out 5 days a week (no more of this 2 days a week nonsense that i've allowed myself to do)
-2 of those gym todays are going to be strength training.

i gotta be hard on myself if i'm over going to get out of the curse of the 160s range. maybe next year i'll actually be IN the christmas pictures, instead of just taking them.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, a.vannice don't be too hard on yourself. I don't drink much either. If you want something fizzy reach for the sparkling water. But I know what you mean, I feel like I have to start kicking my own butt too especially since I'm not going to be taking a night course after all.

One of my favorite sites lately is nowloss.com, there's something on there about motivation and keeping motivated. You might want to read it to lift your spirits a little.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi All!

Despite dreading weighing myself all week, I almost forgot to weigh myself yesterday morning and stopped eating breakfast midway through to go jump on the scale and...

No change but I am mostly happy with my eating this week and being more conscientious about my diet since starting with Fitday. I had a Christmas Ball I went to this weekend, which involved a large meal and drinks. I also went out to eat for dinner the previous night but managed to eat fairly well so at least the scale didn't go up but I too feel stuck at my current weight.

I love to exercise so I have no problem with motivation for it although I would like to do more running. However I absolutely hate dieting and have no respect for portion control! I seem to eat all the time too. At least I eat healthyfully most of the time and rarely eat junk food.

I am trying to eat less and my goal is to eat 2000 cal or less, and eventually get down to 1800 cal per day. I hope to get to 130 lbs by spring and ultimately 125 (or get down to my pre-pregnancy waist/hip measurements) by summer. I don't expect to reach my ultimate goal until I have completely stopped breastfeeding which I intend to by summertime. For now I am just aiming for a weight of 130.

I have really improved my protein % of calories by planning my meals around high protein foods and adding other foods until the point that the pie chart % for protein is still greater than 20%. By the way - I discovered a useful bit of info for increasing protein with vegetarian foods when I did a bit of research on the web - generally pulses are 27% protein, nuts and seeds are 13% and grains 12%. So to get more than 20% calories from protein in a day, beans and legumes and dairy need to be emphasized. I have started eating boiled eggs and cottage cheese again and eat even more beans than I did before (which was a fair bit already).

Current Weight: 142.5
Goal Weight (15 Mar 2011): 130
Starting Weight (21 Nov 2010): 144
Height: 5'6"
Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
I too am stuck around the same weight. I take the blame though these last two weeks as I didn't calculate anything over Thanksgiving week and this past weekend indulged a little too much. I had an anniversary dinner and two holiday parties this weekend which included wine and I indulged... and enjoyed every minute of it. My weight this morning was 149.4 but I expected it. I expect to get back to 147 this week which is always easy to get back to but seems impossible to get under 146.
After losing about 25 pounds my mind set is starting to be more lazy when it comes to eating so I need to be more strict. I'm having "a taste" here and a nibble there and not logging it since "it's only a bite" but that's how I always get myself into trouble. So I've decided if I want a bite that's fine- but I have to log it. Then I can't lie to myself and pretend I'm being good.
Have a great week everyone!
Annie
Old 12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

@ mischa - thanks for the encouragement i almost didn't post because i was in such a bad mood. luckily everything is starting to turn around...

so we all seem to be in the same situation, being stuck for the last few weeks. do you guy think it's because of the holidays?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

I can't blame the holidays because I've been stuck for a while. I lose some and then gain it back.

Holidays don't help the eating plan though. Especially since I am also taking a bite here and a taste there. It adds up! What do others think? Is it the holidays?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone,

I can't blame the holidays too much. I've slowly crept up to 137 around 5 months ago. Three years ago I was stuck at 128 at that used to be a bummer when I hit that amount. Slowly that became my normal, then 134 became my "normal" after my ankle sprain in June, I gained about 4 pounds. That's when 137-139 started becoming my "normal". I think it's my metabolism starting to slow down and my needing to get active to get my metabolism going again.

Last week I was being good and logging everything, but today, I'm kind of slacking a bit. I think I will go back and log everything.

a.vannice I think that you have done a great job. From Oct to Nov you lost 9.5 lbs. That is quite a bitof weight to lose in one month. I think sometimes if we lose it too quickly, our body does slow down and plateaus for a while. I know I've read in several places that 1 pound a week is the recommended amount, although I am not following that right now. (As stated elsewhere, I'm mostly eating fruits and veggies this week as well as last.) Today, I weighed myself at 131.8 and I was at 133.4 yesterday morning at weigh-in. Last Monday, I was at 137, so I am losing more than my pound a week goal. I anticipate that my body will work against me shortly because my caloric intake has been around the 1200. I'm slowly reintroducing the brown rice/bread carbs. Mostly I am doing this because, as I stated above, 137-139 started becoming my new "normal" this past summer and I really just want to break that. I need to move away from those numbers before that weight "settles in", if you know what I mean.

I think my weight will plateau soon and I'll be stuck in a rut again. But I have to believe that if I can just be good and continue to do what I know is right, (not overindulge, reduce the bread/pasta and exercise) eventually I have to lose the weight, right???

Thanks to everyone for weighing in. I really feel motivated by knowing that you are all out there and that we are here to support each other (and give one another that extra pressure to be good.)

Look forward to hearing from you all as the week goes on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.