FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Sugar Free Week (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2564-sugar-free-week.html)

Lovedogs4ever 12-04-2010 11:53 PM

Sugar Free Week

So I have been eating WAAAAY to much sugar the past few days so I think I need to take a little break from it this week. If anyone would like to join I would be grateful for the company! :)

mtlgirl 12-05-2010 12:55 AM

Count me in!

I usually have greek yogurt for breakfast with chia and/or fruit. Since plain yogurt is pretty sour, I sweeten it with about 3/4 of a teaspoon of agave nectar which is the syrup from the cactus plant. It's very sweet like maply syrup but apparently it does not spike your blood sugar. It's not low cal though, basically it has the same calories as maple syrup but I use about 20 calories worth in the morning. It tastes much better than Stevia and is healthier than Splenda.

Anyway, being sugar free this coming week will be good for me too since I totally overdid it last week. I guess we have 2 things in common: a sweet tooth and a love of dogs. Have a great sugar-free day! :)

Lovedogs4ever 12-06-2010 01:04 AM

Well nothing sugary went into my mouth yesterday...even when I was offered chocolate! My way of dealing with sugar cravings is to eat something else, it works but it isn't always the best for my weight loss.
I have heard of agave nectar, is it very expensive? I used to use Stevia some but it has such a weird aftertaste.

Lovedogs4ever 12-09-2010 12:58 PM

I haven't eaten any sweets so far this week! I was sorely tempted today by homemade fudge, but I just said no and ate an apple. I wish I had the willpower to never eat sugar again because I seriously think I feel better without it. And my food cravings aren't as bad either. Only 2 more days to go!

angel_nie13 12-09-2010 01:18 PM

Good work! I wish I had that kind of willpower :)

Tamber1969 12-10-2010 05:14 AM

I've done pretty good this week about not eating any sweets...I keep an emergency stash of chocolate in my desk and have not touched it at all. People at work keep bringing in pies, and cookies and chocolate....they are evil and must be stopped..lol!! Good news is I haven't indulged. Problem for me is one is too many and 10 aren't enough...Good luck everyone!!:D

mtlgirl 12-10-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lovedogs4ever (Post 27586)
Well nothing sugary went into my mouth yesterday...even when I was offered chocolate! My way of dealing with sugar cravings is to eat something else, it works but it isn't always the best for my weight loss.
I have heard of agave nectar, is it very expensive? I used to use Stevia some but it has such a weird aftertaste.

Way to go on the amazing willpower! I had a pretty successful week. The only sugar that passed my lips was in my vanilla yogurt. I hadn't even really thought about the sugar in my yogurt. It isn't all that sweet because it is vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt but it was my only transgression.

As for the agave nectar, it's about the same price as maple syrup. I bought a rather large bottle at the health food store for about $8.

Have a fabulous sugar-free weekend, Everyone! :)

Lovedogs4ever 12-11-2010 12:07 PM

Great job everyone! I am about to go to bed so when I wake up I will be able to eat sugar again. (I will try my hardest not to go overboard.) :p