Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Downright Delightful in December - 100+ Ladies Thread >

Downright Delightful in December - 100+ Ladies Thread

Community
Notices

Downright Delightful in December - 100+ Ladies Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Still here and plugging along. Just super busy at work and home like everyone else. Been a bit tougher than usual recently because of all the get togethers, but I am still hanging in there. Still hoping to hit my Onederland goal on Christmas. Only 2 pounds away as of last Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Merry Christmas!!

You must be so proud of yourself! I would love to be under 200. I have not been in about 15 years, Keep up the great work. What ever you are doing is working
Old 12-22-2010, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Christine!!

I made my goal of being below 200 by Christmas 2010! Weighed in last night at 199!

Woo Hoo!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Thanks Christine!!

I made my goal of being below 200 by Christmas 2010! Weighed in last night at 199!

Woo Hoo!
AWESOME!!!! Congrats, I know you must be super excited. Hopefully I will be there with you in just a few weeks!

Keep up the hard work. What a great Christmas present to yourself!!!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your goal and leaving the 200's behind! And to all who have lost ANY and kept it off, keep up the good work!

You may not have made YOUR goal, but you are still a work in progress!

A VERY Merry and blessed Christmas to all and a Healthy Happy New Year!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

It is almost Christmas - only 4 1/2 hours to go...but who is counting!
Just wanted to touch base, since it has been awhile and let you know I am holding at 233# and keeping fingers crossed until after the New Year. I am working full time now and struggling to find the time to post here, enter food logs etc on Fit Day. I am not big on resolutions but will desperately try to do it. I have a new day planner and think that may be a help. I bought (myself) a WII for Christmas, I have TiVO'd some Bollywood exercise/dance stuff and some Core Fusion exercises so am ready to go! I have to work on Boxing Day (26th) or would start then - so will wait for first day off - 29th and get a jump on it. I have to brag though - the walking group I started for our local Primary Care Networks' 'virtual walk' of the Jamaican Island came in FIRST! I made it all around the Island. There were 5 of us and the others just ROCKED IT - some making it around 3 times - I can only dream. My goal - just to make it the once. So, pats on the back to the whole team and we are starting a new 'Hawaii Island Trek' on the 7th Jan. We all won T-shirts, water bottles, pedometers and a really big EDIBLE Fruit Basket! I hope you all have plans ready to start 2011 off with a bang.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Mornin' all!

I dont know if this is bothering/affecting anyone else or if its just me.. but the group of women that were around a lot in this thread have pretty much been absent since about thanksgiving, and I hadnt realized how much I was depending on this little reg group for encouragement and support.

So I am finding it incredibly hard to stay with the plan alone. I do it most of the time, but it isnt nearly as fun or exciting as it was when we all shared and posted. Anyone else feel this way?

I guess I am just wondering if it's the holidays or if people have given up or if ppl have reached their goal and have just left. Or if you all have moved to a different site?

Bottom line is.. for months and months I felt sorta like we were a group of friends and now everyone is missing. I miss you all. Good luck in the New Year!!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Pam, I'm with you on this one, although I've been pretty quiet on the forums, too! It is a super-busy time of year; I also hope that this thread will start picking up again soon. I miss reading about everyone's adventures, be they in regards to weight loss or not.
I'll try to post more often than I have been! I had been comparing my weight loss to other folks', and not in a good way - I was getting really frustrated (read: "Why can't I lose weight faster?? What am I doing wrong?? I'll never hit my goal!") as opposed to celebrating other women's successes and taking encouragement from them. Maybe that's bad of me to admit/feel/publicly post, but it's true, and partly the reason why I took a break from posting. But I'm feeling much more in tune with myself and accepting that every one, including me, loses weight at different paces, etc, and that I am doing just fine. I'll also not sign myself up to lose 30# in 3 months again, since I know that's really just not reasonable for me. Big, sincere congrats to everyone for all your successes, not just the 30# challenge.
Well, that's my forum gut-spilling for the day, I hope to hear from you lovely ladies soon.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
I had been comparing my weight loss to other folks', and not in a good way - I was getting really frustrated (read: "Why can't I lose weight faster?? What am I doing wrong?? I'll never hit my goal!") as opposed to celebrating other women's successes and taking encouragement from them. Maybe that's bad of me to admit/feel/publicly post, but it's true, and partly the reason why I took a break from posting.
I wouldn't worry about it! I feel exactly the same sometimes, and I loath myself but it's just the way I am. I can be terribly jealous and I'm competitive too, so sometimes it's a recipe for disaster and I don't post either. I imagine that other women feel the same, even if they don't admit it. xxx
Old 12-30-2010, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

I think it's just that it is the holidays. I know it is for me. I haven't gone crazy with the food, but I haven't been logging it, so I know I haven't checked the forums as often. I'd bet that we will see an influx of returning members and probably some new members as we start the New Year. I remember how packed the gym always was in January when people made their New Year's resolutions.

I think I've gained a couple of pounds this month, but I'm ready to get back to losing once all the cookies, candies, dinners and food extravaganzas are over next week. Here's to a great January for all of us! I'm ready to drop the rest of this weight for good.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
I also hope that this thread will start picking up again soon. I miss reading about everyone's adventures, be they in regards to weight loss or not.
I'll try to post more often than I have been! I had been comparing my weight loss to other folks', and not in a good way - I was getting really frustrated (read: "Why can't I lose weight faster?? What am I doing wrong?? I'll never hit my goal!") as opposed to celebrating other women's successes and taking encouragement from them. Maybe that's bad of me to admit/feel/publicly post, but it's true, and partly the reason why I took a break from posting.
Hello all you lovely ladies! I've been feeling almost the same as you changeisgood29 and thank you for posting your thoughts. You are not alone! I'm not super competitive about losing weight, but I definitely wish it would happen faster and that I'd find the right combination for my body to part with the pounds. It did take me about 20 years to get to this weight, so I know it won't come off in two months, but on the plus side changes I've made I can live with from now on. A co-worker had lost lots of pounds and has gained a few back due to extreme dieting - no carbs and about 1,000 calories a day. ACK!!! That is how I got this heavy in the first place.

Felicity you are 100% right, starting tomorrow the site will be rather swamped. I hope you're feeling better healthwise.

I had a sinus infection earlier but managed to get rid of it for Christmas. I tried something new on Wednesday - a belly dancing DVD. After 3 minutes of "snake arms" I felt like my arms were going to fall off. Every muscle from my mid back to my fingertips was begging me to stop, but I didn't and then hopped on the elliptical while watching Robin Williams' DVD. I laughed so hard I nearly fell off a few times, but it was a nice treat to be able to watch the DVD while exercising. We've installed a TV in the exercise room and it was a terrific investment in me. Merry Christmas to me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful New year's and I'll look for the new January thread...one suggestion for a title I have is "No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January." Just a thought.

Happy New Year All!

Harpeg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.