Notices

Downright Delightful in December - 100+ Ladies Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi All,

I’ve been missing the lovely ladies on Fitday. I’ve been bogged down getting through the busy time at work, recovering from minor surgery, attending offsite meetings and to make things interesting fighting off the flu. Yuck! The first few weeks of December are always loopy, and I’ll be happy when we get closer to Christmas!

Ang – I’m thinking of you and the challenges that you’re facing. Hoping for the very best for you!

Christine – Lots of love coming your way. I found a terrific friend by going out to an aquafit class. We started out being workout buddies, and now I can’t imagine going for long without seeing her smiling face. We’re both busy but we do make time for each other, and we support each other. It took me about 30 years before I found a true girlfriend, but she is amazing! My DH knows he is my best friend and is very happy for me that I have such a great girlfriend. I hope you find some friends that are kind, supportive and warm.

Planning on baking this weekend, in the past 12 years I've been giving cookie baskets as gifts I've managed to stay out of the spoils of baking by stashing them in cute packages in the freezer. DH gets to be the guinea pig... um taste tester.

My Christmas goal is not going to happen, the surgery put me at a stand still with no exercise for 10 days. Time to getback on the horse and get the butt in gear. Picked up a TV to mount in front of the elliptical and hoping to get it hung on the wall this weekend. The idea to forget I'm working out and go for a few miles each day while watching DVD's.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Only lost half a pound this week and I'm furious with myself! I worked really hard in the gym and my water/food intakes were both good. It's time like this that I want to give up and just be satisfied being fat.
GRR! Really got the 'ump.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Boo ~ half a pound lost is better than gaining it. Every one of us hits plateau's and no matter how hard we work out or how little we eat, the scale doesnt budge. That's normal.

The other thing I have noticed is that although sometimes the plateau's feel like they sometimes go on and on forever.. when they do stop, the weight suddenly drops a few pounds ( sometimes more than a few!) all at once.

I know it's discouraging but you ARE headed in the right direction so keep it up!!

harpegcanuck ~ glad you made it through surgery and the good thing about being overly busy this time of year is.. less time to sit around thinking about, craving and then eating all those naughty things we shouldnt! Good luck!

I also know most of us arent going to make the Christmas goal, but some of you got REALLY close and others.. think of it this way... it is probably 5? 10? 15? lbs lost more than you might have without the goal and support. So it served its purpose whether you made the actual 30/40 lbs on the dot. The important thing is to KEEP it up!

To all of us who will be getting the freezing rain/snow/wind and bitter bitter cold this weekend.. plz be safe! and dont forget to check on your neighbors and family to be sure they are ok!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Pam.

I'm 4lbs from my Christmas goal, and while a couple of months ago I'd like like 'I got this,' now it looks more like Everest! If I could honestly make it I'd be thrilled. However, my gym has funky opening times over Christmas so I'll definitely need to be on my game to make it work. Eep!

PS: there's a lack of posting going on here at the moment. I hope everyone is just busy, and not just quitting on us!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all you lovely ladies! *hugs*
I have not fallen off the planet or the wagon, I promise =), despite my lack of posting the past few months. I've just gotten exceptionally busy with work and distracted with some new hobbies.

But I did want to wish you all a happy & HEALTHY holiday season, and let you know since my last post I am down another five pounds... hooray!

So keep up the good work, and stay focused on your goals. The holidays, while challenging food wise, do not have to be a guarantee of weight gain with a little planning and extra effort towards exercise.

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

I just finished my 2 week bootcamp. I stayed exactly the same, surprise surprise lol. That has been the story of my life since the End of Feb. Except I guess that I lost 21 pounds.

I need to buy new shoes cause mine are to big lol.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Today's prayer:

Dear God,

Please give me the strength to know YOU, not someone's definition of you. Please give me the peace within my heart to accept those who try and know you through means I don't understand and let me love them purely and without resentment or piety. Give me grace and a will to do the tasks that will provide for me and ultimately for those I serve - my family, my friends, my charities, Zorro. Please give me some peace with the loss of my marriage and let me move on in happiness and without resentment or a need for any kind of "retaliation." Please give my husband peace and happiness and joy beyond measure. Please make me stronger than I need to be today so that I may have excess strength on the days I forget to pray. Please surround me with love and positive influences. Please help me conquer my demons consistently. Please keep my car together for a few months more. Please give me the AAA job or a new client worth at least $2500 a month.

Love,
Angela

Reading Eat, Pray Love again -- that woman has some amazing insights on her journey and they are starting to manifest themselves in my life. FOr example, I struggle with a different view on faith than my family and it's really HARD sometimes to bite my tongue or eat my words when I want to shake them and say "Do you REALIZE how little credit you give GOD when you pigeon-hole Him this way?" Today, when reading about her journey in Bali -- she talks with her medicine man who says (paraphrasing) "when I meet someone who tries to tell me how to talk to God in a certain way, I say 'you're right!' then I go home and pray the way I want to anyway." GENIUS -- why do I worry about how they pray or what they think of how I pray. We're all RIGHT -- and I'll just go on and pray my way, thank you!

Or today -- she talked about how happiness is not something that you fall into, it must be pursued.

Or that whether you go through heaven to get there or through hell -- the destination in life is ultimately the same, so why not go through heaven? (again, more medicine man wisdom). This one especially applies to me and my weight loss. I am in HELL with the body I've re-created. I was in heaven when I had my fitness priorities straight and my health as a priority -- either way, I'm pretty sure I would have ended up right where I am right now -- so why would I add to that my personal 'hell' of being overweight?

So today, I've had a great breakfast, am posting here AND logging my food and I am off to FIRM before an 11:00 a.m. conference call with my client.

Going to find a heavenly-path to my destination with three points - clean eating, exercise, lots of water. So simple, so easy. I will make it my pleasure to do this!

Good luck ladies on your Monday.

Love,
Angela
Old 12-16-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

I bought myself a heart monitor yesterday and I can not wait to try it today at lunch when I do my step class. Plus it shows calories burned according to my heart rate. As crazy as it sounds I am wondering if I am doing to much and not staying in the fat burning zone. I think of myself as a fat fit person lol. When people see what I do they always say they would never be able to do it and they are at the same weight as I am. I guess that is the benefit of going to the gym since Jan 3, 2005, and going everyday since the end of Feb.

My husband and 8 year old son are joining Ju-jitsu tomorrow. My husband did it for 3 years before and loved it. I was really thinking of joining because it teaches women self confidence, self defence and gets you in great shape. It is a lot of money though so I am thinking I will let me DH and DS go this time and I will watch some classes to see if I like it. I can even try a class to see. I am nevous because rolling around with other men seems a bit weird to me but I think I would get used to it after a while.

I am always afraid and I was even telling my Sister-in-law that one morning I was walking to the bus and I was scared. My first thought was well at least my attacker would not be able to lift me up. I thought after, how silly that was but maybe I am useing my weight as my shield from attention from other males that I do not want. Something to think about really I guess.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. I'm still around, just battling flu. Not been in the gym since Thursday and completely hating sitting around at home! Just hope my increased metabolism is making up a bit for some of the odd food choices I've been making..
Old 12-21-2010, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Still here and plugging along. Just super busy at work and home like everyone else. Been a bit tougher than usual recently because of all the get togethers, but I am still hanging in there. Still hoping to hit my Onederland goal on Christmas. Only 2 pounds away as of last Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Merry Christmas!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.