FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Lifestyle Changes 2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/25-lifestyle-changes-2010-a.html)

earthie_mama 01-03-2010 03:38 PM

Lifestyle Changes 2010

Ok, here it is, let's get started!

RoseDanese 01-03-2010 04:20 PM

I have started a lifestyle change - need to lose 54lbs. I love this website. Best of luck to you!

NancyNona01 01-03-2010 06:07 PM

me too!

Originally Posted by RoseDanese (Post 61)
I have started a lifestyle change - need to lose 54lbs. I love this website. Best of luck to you!

let's get it going!

timbalock313 01-03-2010 06:32 PM

I need to lose 30-40 lbs. Let's go!!

Freedom116 01-04-2010 02:30 AM

Hey ladies! Well I just found out about this site and am pretty excited about it. I am 24 years old and for Christmas I got a wii fit. Well when I stepped on that thing (it comes with a balance board scale type contraption) it informed me that I was obese. I couldn't believe it! I've always been self conscious about my weight but never ever thought it was this bad. I just thought I was "kind of chubby." I am just so ready for a change. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and would love to be his thin bride and a healthy mother someday soon so this weight has got to go! My ultimate goal is 50 pounds by June or July. What is everyone elses goals? I'd love to talk about our success and how hard it is because I just wanna eat eat eat! My goal weight is 116 pounds. Write back and let's do it!! :o

AnnSmorado 01-04-2010 05:15 AM

Wow!

I am so excited that Fitday added forums!

Yes, I have made a goal to remember each day that I am worth good choices and taking care of myself.

I am 49 and I only need to lose about 15 pounds. I really want to be in great shape for that BIG 50!!

marleyandtheroo 01-04-2010 05:26 AM

My plan is go to the gym enough each month so I get the fee partially reimbursed by my health insurance.

NancyNona01 01-04-2010 06:02 AM

Yep, its great that this is a free site! We deserve the best. Can't wait to see some results.

childfree5903 01-04-2010 06:12 AM

I'm trying to lose 7lbs. Really, 9-12lbs. My goals is 140-143. I'm motivated to go into the gym everyday. I read somewhere it's "I'm going to the gym" not "Ima try to go to the gym today". Now, if that doesn't work I'll shame myself. Get your fat azz up and go. : } That always work. Let's go ladies!!

Lynzatn 01-04-2010 06:27 AM

My goal is 65 lbs as soon as possible. I gained a lot of weight in a six months following knee surgery, and side affects from a medication. Really great site. Good Luck to everyone great way to start the year.

jparedes06 01-04-2010 06:30 AM

Newbie from CT

Hi all!!

My name is Jessica, 26 from CT. I just joined FitDay today. Of course, I'm starting the new year in hopes that I will finally achieve my weight loss goals. This has been an endless battle for me since I was a child. I'm almost at the point of giving up but I know that I am my worst enemy because I really don't have anything holding me back like any disability or impairment. Other than the fact that I am morbidly obese, I have no health issues. So I basically just have to crack the whip on myself and get this done. I'm looking forward to this site as a means of support and motivation and hopefully I'll get the chance to motivate and support others. I am going back to Planet Fitness today to actually benefit from the $20/month membership I've had since July now but only gone prob about 3 weeks cumulatively since then. Other than that, good luck everyone! And I hope to hear from more of you!

janerabbit 01-04-2010 06:47 AM

Just do it!

Hi Ladies.... seriously I think you need to forget about establishing a set weight goal and focus on making a life style change. The realization of where you'd like to see yourself will happen, but it shouldn't be the focus. Get moving, eat healthier, push your self .... a little further on the treadmill or a little faster. try and beat your calories burned each time. And if your weight training, up your weight every couple of weeks, or your reps or your sets. You can't help but succeed it you make that the focus and not the scale.

I say this as I have been in the gym since feb. 05, '09 on a journey to shed 100 lbs. No it isn't happening as fast as I'd like it too, but it is happening. I'm happy to say I'm about half way there....yay! Take the view that any weight loss is good weight loss even if the scale doesn't make you happy. You will be fitter and stronger.... how can you not be and that is all good!

janerabbit 01-04-2010 06:49 AM

ooops!

posted this in the wrong thread..... been on fit day for 3 months, but never visited the forums. Fit day will help you stay true to your goals.

mliebeck 01-04-2010 07:04 AM

My goal....

My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs, I am 28 about to be 29 .... and I am still carrying the dreaded baby weight from my last two children. I am currently about 185lbs and I would love to get to at least 150-160, I am 5'9" so I am cool with not going back to my pre-mom weight of 130!!!!!

I just found this site and I really need motivation in doing this I am a single mom and I work full time and I am also a full time college student, and I have no family for help with anything, so I can get discouraged!!!!!

EcoVeggieMaMa 01-04-2010 11:07 AM

My goal was to lose a little over 100 and currently have 80 - 90 more to go! i will stop when I can look at myself with pride so not sure of what the real number will be.

My weight gain was due to IVF and bed rest for my entire pregnancy. Shortly after having my son I had several surgeries and other health issues and was limited in movement, then after awhile, it just became too easy to eat whatever was quick, well as quick as could be for a vegetarian, and not exercise like I should, so my other goal has been to keep on track and stay on track. I am also transitioning from vegetarian to vegan during this time to help keep the fat content low in my body to help with my PCOS and thyroid issues.

I am 45 and want to live a long healthy life with my family. I remind myself I was fit for my girls who are now adults and I can do the same for my son.

Peace,

Jo

yourbadd 01-05-2010 01:10 AM

Starting Over!!!

Hi all, I'm a 32 yr old mom of 3 in OH. 2 years ago I was exercising on a regular basis and used Fit Day to log everything. I had lost weight, toned up and was eating healthy. Then.....I suddenly lost most of my hearing and after rounds with doctors and tests, found out there was nothing to be done to correct the problem. Needless to say I became very depressed and ate everything in sight!! I have made a goal (not resolution) to be healthier in 2010 and make myself a priority instead of an after thought. My weight loss goals are fairly vague...I don't own a scale so probably 30-40 pounds will get me where I want to be. I just want to feel proud or at least not disgusted when I look in the mirror.

Deborah :o

DColeman80 01-05-2010 06:46 AM

Im with you!!!

I love this site as well. :p it is quickly teaching me that I can have the snack that i want just in moderation. I have two-babies baby weight to lose. I have been overweight since high school... well since my freshman year in college and i just want to be healthy. I am still in pretty good health but i want to be in better health I guess i should say. right on to everyone who even has the desire to change their lives. i heard something that said it takes like 30 days to create a habit so hang in there... you are on day 5 and life is good. proper planning produces positive results. plan out your work day and pack your lunches -- think about going to the gym or taking the stairs -- plan properly to set yourself up for success (I am so speaking to myself!!!) .... and what is that hollywoodcookiediet.com thing anyway??? isnt that an oxymoron :D

parallax693 01-05-2010 07:34 AM

I'm 46 years old and want to lose 60 lbs by the end of this year. I've joined a gym, and am going to "ease" myself into an exercise routine...can't remember the last time I exercised! I'm watching what I eat, and logging everything on this site. I find this tremendously helpful in motivating me and "keeping me honest"! I'm glad that they added forums. Wonderful. Let me know if the Wii fit is helpful, I'm thinking about getting it, but wondered if it was really challenging enough.

JRamirez24 01-05-2010 08:12 AM

This is such a wonderful website, I am so glad I just happen to stumble across it.

This is the year I will change mylife, at 24 I am 174lbs, I need to lose 40 lbs! wish we luck and here we go on my way to a new life!

JRamirez24 01-05-2010 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Freedom116 (Post 70)
Hey ladies! Well I just found out about this site and am pretty excited about it. I am 24 years old and for Christmas I got a wii fit. Well when I stepped on that thing (it comes with a balance board scale type contraption) it informed me that I was obese. I couldn't believe it! I've always been self conscious about my weight but never ever thought it was this bad. I just thought I was "kind of chubby." I am just so ready for a change. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and would love to be his thin bride and a healthy mother someday soon so this weight has got to go! My ultimate goal is 50 pounds by June or July. What is everyone elses goals? I'd love to talk about our success and how hard it is because I just wanna eat eat eat! My goal weight is 116 pounds. Write back and let's do it!! :o

Wow is almost like im hearing myself talking, we are on the same boat, I'm 24 too and I desperately need to lose at least 40 lbs, I've also been with my bf for 4 year and sometimes is hard because we want to go have advetures and I feel like I might be holding him back because I cant keep up with him, or when he wants to go to the pool or the beach during the summer time I always come up with excuses because I feel so uncomfortable in a bathing suit, but I have decided this year is the year I change Im done with excuses and done with not liking myself when I catch a glimpse in the mirror...i know it might be hard sometimes but I will do it. BEST of luck to you and if you need support, count on me!

2Potato 01-05-2010 09:42 AM

Hi. I just found and joined fitday yesterday. I think it is REALLY going to help to write down EVERYTHING I eat. I decided to check out the forums tonight so that I can find some encouragement along the way - especially in the evenings when I'm home alone and it's so hard not to snack. I had a little weight to lose (about 25 lbs) when I found out I was pregnant with twins in 2005. I had to gain a lot of weight so that they were born healthy and I will never regret that decision. They were both at or over 7 lbs and 20 inches long and I carried them to 37 wks which is great. However, they are now three and I'm still way overweight. My stomach will never be the same, but I know if I can get my weight down and my boobs smaller that it will be easier to work out and tone at that point. I have at least 50 lbs to lose. That's my starting point. I don't have a scale right now because it's broken, so I don't know exactly how much I need to lose, but I guess I'll try to come here for encouragement from all of you since we all have the same goal. I'm determined that THIS year, I WILL make this work. And whoever mentioned writing down the reasons to lose weight? Good idea. I think I'll copy that. Thanks for "listening".

2Potato 01-05-2010 09:45 AM

..I don't own a scale so probably 30-40 pounds will get me where I want to be. I just want to feel proud or at least not disgusted when I look in the mirror.

Deborah :o[/QUOTE]

That sounds like me! And I want to be able to look in the mirror again too! I also am a mother of three in Ohio. It's COLD! Good luck!!! I posted above about myself.

2Potato 01-05-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by JRamirez24 (Post 213)
This is such a wonderful website, I am so glad I just happen to stumble across it.

This is the year I will change mylife, at 24 I am 174lbs, I need to lose 40 lbs! wish we luck and here we go on my way to a new life!

Good luck to you too!!! It's hard, but I know we can do it!:o

Freedom116 01-05-2010 01:03 PM

Thanks JRamiez24! I wish you the best of luck- just keep it up each and every day! Just think how beautiful we will feel walking down the aisles and parading around in our bikinis on the honeymoon!

I'm here if you ever need to talk!

Destinyschoice76 01-05-2010 01:31 PM

Hey Ohio ladies!
What part of OH are you from? I am in NE Ohio, in the suburbs of Youngstown, Boardman area.

Hope everyone is having a good day & hanging in there! I am actually not finding restricting my eating too difficult. It is more matter of eating the right foods.

mvicens138 01-05-2010 01:48 PM

Ohio here

Originally Posted by Destinyschoice76 (Post 249)
Hey Ohio ladies!
What part of OH are you from? I am in NE Ohio, in the suburbs of Youngstown, Boardman area.

Hope everyone is having a good day & hanging in there! I am actually not finding restricting my eating too difficult. It is more matter of eating the right foods.

Lorain Ohio in the house! So glad to find "almost" neighbors on this site. Actually, let me back up - it was so good to find this site! Day three and feeling very happy that I didn't have to join weightwatchers and go to meetings! Would rather be in my jammies typing on the laptop. Hooray for all of us.

mvicens138 01-05-2010 01:49 PM

Its not where you are right now, its what direction you are facing! Life is a journey. Go for it. We are with you.

Mare74 01-06-2010 03:00 AM

2010 Goals:

-Make it a PRIORITY to take care of myself (mind, body & soul)
-Drink more water daily
-Keep up my food journal daily
-Move more
-Focus on not just the numbers on the scale but on how I feel, how clothes fit better & other indicators that I'm getting healthier as I change my lifestyle
-Eat less processed foods & eat more naturally & "whole"
-Try 2 new recipes a week that help to support my new lifestyle change

JRamirez24 01-06-2010 03:08 AM

2010 Goals:

- Be healthier
- Look good and feel good
- Eat healthier
- Focus on a lifestyle change rather than on the lbs
- Live a more active life
- Get into a bathing suit this summer (i havent done it in about 7 years)
- Keep up with the FitDay Food Journal
- Be HAPPY with myself!
- Get a self esteem boost

angdnixon 01-06-2010 08:07 AM

Hello Ohio!!!

I am from west of Toledo! It is sooo cold...hard to stay motivated!

I am 37 and currently 155 pounds. My goal weight is 115, as I am only 5'4". I would like to do this by June. My whole family is going to Myrtle Beach in June and I got a glimpse of my back side last night in the mirror as I was getting ready for bed...Yikes! Not pretty!:eek:

I have the Mirena bc and I think it's made me gain a lot of weight. Having it removed in a couple weeks and getting my tubes tied. Hope that will help with weight coming off more quickly.

Also going to be hard to give up my evening wine that I love so much!

Good luck to all!

redamk 01-07-2010 06:00 AM

Hi! I think I am in the same boat. I need to lose 65lbs and I began an exercise and diet program this week and hope to achieve my goals by the end of June. I am going at it hard!...I need the support and motivation

transformedjenny 01-07-2010 06:15 AM

Hello! I am 150 (5'2") and my goal is to be a sexy 115 by my anniversary 5-25-10. :) I am going to make my husband take me bikinni shopping as a reward. :D

I am working out at least 2x a week (boot camp at the YMCA) and trying to add in a pilates class or a step class in addition. Also one time a week yoga.

I am trying to keep my daily calories between 1500 (yeah right! LOL) and 1900. And I hate diet food so I only eat stuff I actually like. ;)

I am also allowing myself one sweet a day, usually at the end of theday in the form of cheesecake or something that is high fat. (I am loosely following the Suzanne somers "sugar is bad, fat is my friend" philosophy.)

Also trying a tip I heard on Oprah a few years ago - get ok with feeling a little hungry. I am eating all.the.time. and I never feel hungry so I am trying to sit with "hunger" a little longer than I used to. (Not to the point of starving, but you know?)

I am horrified of yo-yo dieting (This is my first diet - prior to having kids I was "skinnyfat" I treated my food and my body really poorly but stayed skinny and totally unhealthy) So I am taking it really really slow and easy on myself.

fitday says Its like 1.8 lbs a week and I don't think that should be a problem!!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ansformedjenny

Jenny

dolface_23 01-07-2010 07:54 AM

I feel ya hun! I am 26 years old have three kids and I am getting married 10/10/10. I want my pics to be pretty and not have three chins.... I got on the scale and started to cry!!! I am around 210. lbs I have never been that big! I want to get my weight down but I feel like I have no will power. I am sooooo tired allllllll the time. I really think I need someone to kick my butt into gear or something.

I want to be able to play with my kids without my boyfriend saying hold on guys lets check on mom. I want to be able to go places without trying to plan if I was going to be the biggest one there. I am TIRED OF BEING FAT!!!!!!!

chunkybum25 01-10-2010 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Freedom116 (Post 70)
I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and would love to be his thin bride and a healthy mother someday soon so this weight has got to go! My ultimate goal is 50 pounds by June or July. :o

Ive been with my guy for 3yrs and also want to be the best version of myself for those things (wedding- healthy momma)..Im 24 and about 40lbs overweight. I consider myself lucky because I am evenly proportioned and have been told I 'carry it well' but it doesnt matter when you feel crappy about yourself. My boyfriend has seen my weight fluctuate between about 15 lbs in both directions and he has loved me whatever weight I am but I want to be healthy for me and june or july is also my goal...and ps my boyfriend is into Mixed Martial Arts (cage fighting) so he has a great bod and is very healthy...I wanna look like a ring girl this summer! Well, maybe not exactly like one, but feeling confident in a bikini at least

kmmaloney 01-11-2010 04:48 AM

Love the new forums

I am 5'7", 43 yo female. Started 1/1/09 (a year ago) at 213. Wanted to lose 50 lbs last year but ALSO wanted to be smart and find a WAY OF LIFE. I started 1/1/10 at 181 so 32 lbs lost. So now, I'm going for another 30 lbs this year and then maintenance. I have to say, some times are harder than others (like TOM) but holidays were a success and I didn't gain anything. AND, I have finally found a way to live a healthy, and enjoyable lifestyle that I believe can be easily maintained. That's the key for me...

Shell250 01-11-2010 05:23 AM

Hi, I just started a few days ago. Goal is to lose 48 lb by the end of June, then will go from there and set another goal at that time. I am all about lifestyle changing right now...eating less (but eating healthy), moving more! :)

JRamirez24 01-12-2010 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Freedom116 (Post 247)
Thanks JRamiez24! I wish you the best of luck- just keep it up each and every day! Just think how beautiful we will feel walking down the aisles and parading around in our bikinis on the honeymoon!

I'm here if you ever need to talk!

YES! we are gonna be beautiful future brides! and eventually hot mommas! ;) good luck with everything and keep me posted on your successes...

ILOVE2TEACHU2 01-12-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Destinyschoice76 (Post 249)
Hey Ohio ladies!

Warren, Ohio! I graduated from Howland High School. My family owned businesses in Cortland, Ohio and we lived in Cortland until we moved to Utah/Arizona in 1997.
I know it's cold there now so keep up your strength and you can get through this cold spell. Hot tea is great to warm up with!
Good luck Ohio ladies......and ALL ladies on this site!

Littlelorit 01-14-2010 09:25 AM

Just found Fitday a few days ago. Started back on Weight Watchers a year ago and instead of losing I have gained. Started exercising in June but still have not lost. I am hoping that this is my year to finally lose the weight so I can get back into my fat clothes. I am 45, married, working full time from home with a soon to be 5 year old and soon to be 3 year old. I am 5'2" and currently weight 154. I am trying to lose at least 20 pounds by June at the earliest and at the latest December. My hard thing is not to eat my son's left overs. I am hoping that with the way Fitday works it will help me see if eating my sons' left overs will hurt my diet that day or not.