Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10 >

7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Old 11-19-2010, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Well the scales moved up again this morning. I havent drank all my water the past two days. And I have only exercised for 30 minutes. My calories have been pretty good though. I have got to stop the scale from moving in the wrong direction!!! I am going tonight to buy something new for fitness. I think some new DVD's to change up my routine some.
Good idea, and maybe a pretty new water bottle and some flavor to throw in it? Drink that water my friend! If you're going to behave yourself calorie wise don't cheat yourself out of the scale drop by forgetting your water.

Last week I bought "Walk At Home" with Leslie Sansone and "Latin Cardio Dance" from DWTS, both $10 at WM. Anyway the walking one seemed really basic at first, but I felt really good afterward and did work up a little sweat by the end, so it's a good option for those days when you really don't want to do it at all. The second time I did it, I added ankle and wrist weights and actually hurt a little the next day. The other one has parts that are much harder than my skill set, but I'm getting there. What I really liked about the Latin Cardio is that it lets you build your own workout, so you can use it for 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 minutes, whatever you have time for.

Friday Challenge: Make a plan for Thanksgiving, dish to pass, recipe for stuffing, alternatives for pumpkin pie, etc etc whatever you've got in your arsenal and share your plan here.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Glenda, if I were cooking, I would do this for simplicity:
-order the meat and stuffing and mashed potatoes
-do frozen Rhodes or Pillsbury rolls
-blanched greenbeans w sauteed shallots
-baked sweet potatoes whole (then peel and whip w maple syrup and orange juice if I felt ambitious)

-frozen or purchased fancy dessert
-lots of wine

That woule make it more managable, I think!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I've been losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds for 3 months now. At least I'm holding steady!

-ran Mon = 3 mi
-ran Wed = 4 mi
-ran Thurs = 4 mi
- ran Sat = 6.5 mi (then took a nap!)

I ate like a pig all week and Friday night went out for fondue at the Melting Pot with some of my girlfriends; this was the first time I've been out with just girlfriends and no child in 2 years!!! I had a martini and cheese fondue and a huge platter of meat and chocolate fondue dessert so I don't want to count the cal's but I ate very little today and will try to stay low on cal's for the next 2 days.

I wish there were an easier way to count cal's. I stopped logging on and typing everything in to FitDay a year ago b/c it took too long but I know counting is so necessary. I really should measure and portion out my food as well, which is hard to do b/c I cook a lot and don't have a food scale.

I find that the only weeks I truly lose weight are the weeks where I eat only processed, pre-measured and labelled foods, which is non-ideal and not good for my husband and daughter anyway. I don't want to have to eat different food from my family either or set a bad example of "dieting" for my daughter. One idea I have is to eat "normal" breakfast and dinner with my family but just try not to eat all day at work to try to balance out the calories (this would avoid all the junk food at work too!). Any advice?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
I find that the only weeks I truly lose weight are the weeks where I eat only processed, pre-measured and labelled foods, which is non-ideal and not good for my husband and daughter anyway. I don't want to have to eat different food from my family either or set a bad example of "dieting" for my daughter. One idea I have is to eat "normal" breakfast and dinner with my family but just try not to eat all day at work to try to balance out the calories (this would avoid all the junk food at work too!). Any advice?
A better idea would be to brown bag your lunch and bring something light and healthy. Going all day without eating is going to set you up to binge at home. I know this from experience.

I tend to eat the same thing at work every day. I don't really have time to sit down and enjoy it, so I just bring something I can eat quickly that won't weigh me down or make me feel tired afterward. It's what I eat before and after work everyday that gets me in trouble. At work, I do just fine.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

1) keep to (or below) 1500-1600 calories: 1750 but it was the coke and pretzels I needed to settle my tummy; tummy's weird; 1445, 1612(W) and Thursday not looking good, NO (F) NO (S) 1450(SUN)
2) meditate more (it really helps)- nope; nope, YES and read some Pema Chodron-wonderful (W) Yes, short (F) NO (s) NO and I really need it (Sun)
3) go to the gym or take a walk at least 3-4x - walked 1/2 hour; it was great, walked 1/2 hour again, does stretching count? (W) went to the gym for longer than I have in a while (TH) Walked on track (F) no (S) mall shopping, walked a lot (Sun)
4) drink more water (I have to, with these meds) water and errrm coke; about 50 oz, about 50 (W) and at least 20 so far, didn't track either F, S or Sun
5) keep positive- do not take myself so personally I wasn't negative. sorta neutral; very positive, yes (W), trying (Th) yes (F)yes and NO (S) NO too overwhelmed (Sun)
7) do good work (and keep in touch) - did work, whether it's good, well I'll find out tomorrow, yes I've been working a lot, called a friend before her big trip, yes lots of work, even throughout the early morning (2-5am) (W) NO NO NO
8) be compassionate to others, including and especially to the ones I find challenging- I'm trying this out on DD; I think it's working; she'll probably say it was "a fail"; yes, trying, yes (W), trying (TH) Yes? Trying so hard

got more stuff for Good will, bought a few more pieces of clothing from this century

Last edited by canary52; 11-21-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know how to start a new thread so I will continue on this one.

Goals this week:
1) Get help
2) 1500ish calories
3) meditate - it helps
4) exercise
5) more stuff to Goodwill