Notices

Over 50!

Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Us older women do face specific challenge, one of them being how easy it is to gain weight and how hard it is to lose it. And when we do lose weight, it comes off the wrong places. My skirts are a bit tight, I lose 10 pounds and what happens? My face loses its roundness and my skirts are still too tight.

yehudit
Old 12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hello BEAUTIFUL 50+ ladies! I'm in the club too. I will be 54 in March. I started lifting weights after my last child turned 1-back in 1995, and that has got to be one of the best things I did to help me keep my weight in check. Of course, I still have to watch what I eat like everyone else, but I'm convinced that weight-lifting has helped me avoid large gains associated with perimenopause/menopause. I also use bioidentical hormones prescribed by a doctor and know that has also helped. Many women fear hormone replacement therapy and I respect their opinions, however, my MD feels that it's the best course of action for me at this time and I am pleased with the results. It's a decision each woman has to make based on their own circumstances and health history.

Balanced nutrition has always been my biggest challenge...and this site has always been my best defense for managing it WHEN I USE IT.

I'm glad there are so many 50+ women on this site...back when my mom was 50 most women just gave up and assumed that it was too late for them to do anything about their body composition. Thankfully, that has changed.