Weight Fluctuating Constantly - Help?

Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Weight Fluctuating Constantly - Help?

I have to lose 5lbs - so not a lot but I'm currently around 126 and would like to be 120 by Thanksgiving - and when I track everything and exercise I'll drop down to about 125.4 then the next day will weight 127 and then hover between 125 and 127 no matter what I do.

It's totally depressing - mostly because I just want this stupid 5lbs to come off. I've had 2 kids, am 36 and fairly active. I try to walk at least 30 minutes everyday and go to the gym 3 times a week - cardio all 3 days and a mix of weight training 2 of those days - and watching what I eat pretty closely.

Prior to getting pregnant with my second I was 118 - but also off birth control and at the gym 4 to 5 times a week. This is obviously not realistic right now - with a 21 month old, 6 year old and f/t job I just don't have that time in my schedule - but I still think 122 or so is doable.

Anyone else have the problem with the scale where you seem to gain 1lb to 2lbs overnight? In my head I know it's impossible but still VERY upsetting when the number is just not moving.

Thanks...

KIm
Old 11-09-2010, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Well if you are close to where you want to be, its always hard to lose those last few pounds. Salt plays a huge part in hanging on to some water weight. So maybe look at that and see if you can cut back and/or up the water intake. But we sure to change up your workout routine. When I was younger, I dropped 15-20 pounds and then was stuck, even though I was working out all the time. But I changed up my cardio routine and that's what did the trick.

The scale sucks half the time so try not to put too much stock into it. This coming from a person who weights themselves almost everyday!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
FitDay Member

I would think that you can try the OOlung tea or Camomile citrus tea (I have one from Mighty leaf). It helps me not to accumulate water weight. Try it if you are not allergic to it.